Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:58:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549045 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #7300 on: January 26, 2020, 08:10:42 PM »

I totally get why they just dont wing it and see what happens.
They want it to be "the album of the 2020s"
Plus its possibly their swan song.
Id rather get an amazing record in 2021 than a medicore one next week. That said i hope they have the confidence in the material. And release it rather sooner than later.

No way...if they haven't worked these 4 years they won't work on new music in the next one too. The song are there, we all know that IF they have done something, it's 2-3 new songs and the old cd II (or whatever u want to call it) material reworked. So you won't get an "amazing" record, you'll have the same record just 1 year older (or super over produced). Same thing happened with CD: everybody was talking about  axl and the his pursuit of perfection, while the leaks were floating around for years, and they were almost the same on the final release, just mixed/mastered in a different (and worse) way.
I actually think that 2008 chinese was better than the leaks.
The orchestra, bumblefoots guitar, bucketheads guitar ect.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #7301 on: January 27, 2020, 02:51:49 AM »

I totally get why they just dont wing it and see what happens.
They want it to be "the album of the 2020s"
Plus its possibly their swan song.
Id rather get an amazing record in 2021 than a medicore one next week. That said i hope they have the confidence in the material. And release it rather sooner than later.

No way...if they haven't worked these 4 years they won't work on new music in the next one too. The song are there, we all know that IF they have done something, it's 2-3 new songs and the old cd II (or whatever u want to call it) material reworked. So you won't get an "amazing" record, you'll have the same record just 1 year older (or super over produced). Same thing happened with CD: everybody was talking about  axl and the his pursuit of perfection, while the leaks were floating around for years, and they were almost the same on the final release, just mixed/mastered in a different (and worse) way.
I actually think that 2008 chinese was better than the leaks.
The orchestra, bumblefoots guitar, bucketheads guitar ect.

I agree, but it wasn't better because they wanted it to be a better album, but because line up changed and they had to rewrite their parts, it was just by chance. And the final result was a overproduced thing, where maybe the music was better here and there (but it's just a matter of personal taste, even if i tend to agree with you) but the songs were denaturalized and reworked too much. For example Axl's voice sounds better in the leaks because is not digitally overstretched, some songs are less claustrophobic like citr (the last bf solo over axl's voice is just too much).

Now, we've had the same line-up since 2016, if they have worked on the old material well...that's enough. They can't do any better. The only thing they can do is to record new material but again, if they have had no time or interest in the last 4 years they won't have time and interest now... The thrill is almost gone, u have to put out new music now, you can't be afraid after 4 years of succesful touring, it's just bullshit, the more you wait, the more you have to count on hard fans and less on new or occasional fans, today the music world is faster than light, you have to catch that fuckin train if sells are the real concern. But you know, too many "ifs", we don't know shit. But at the same time knowing how much slash is talkative about his new things, works, his work ethic etc listening to him saying almost nothin'...well.. it's just a bad sign, i tend to think they haven't worked a lot.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 02:58:56 AM by ITARocker » Logged
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #7302 on: January 27, 2020, 03:06:38 AM »

Duff said the new record with Ozzy took four (4) days to write and record, and said that's the way to do albums so...

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #7303 on: January 27, 2020, 10:11:55 AM »

well, that's Ozzy's way then.

I can't imagine Pink Floyd making an album in 4 days, for example.

a song, maybe  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #7304 on: January 27, 2020, 10:23:28 AM »

Duff said the new record with Ozzy took four (4) days to write and record, and said that's the way to do albums so...

From what I’ve heard it sounds like it took four days, too.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #7305 on: January 27, 2020, 10:42:02 AM »

From what I’ve heard it sounds like it took four days, too.

Twelve years in the making would make for some improvement I´m sure  hihi

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7306 on: January 27, 2020, 11:00:32 AM »

It's really now or never for new music.  We were promised that these upcoming shows would be  the "next chapter" and that after the last leg, finishing the next album would become their paramount focus.

If the idea is to switch up the setlist by a song or two and have that pass as "the next chapter" this band will have committed the cardinal sin of becoming BORING.

I desperately want to believe something top-secret is going on behind the scenes in regard to an imminent release, but they don't communicate with the fanbase other than when Axl says "Good evening!" after song number 3.  Roll Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7307 on: January 27, 2020, 11:35:22 AM »

If the idea is to switch up the setlist by a song or two and have that pass as "the next chapter" this band will have committed the cardinal sin of becoming BORING.

What exactly are you expecting? What's the magical number of songs not performed last time you saw them (or didn't) to make it "not boring"?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7308 on: January 27, 2020, 11:54:16 AM »

Seems clear the point that was trying to be made is all revolved (once again) on new music. Something creative and not 100% nostalgia driven.

It's the same point being made over and over by many on these boards (and others) - I know you disagree and cite the Looney Tunes song as a reason to have hope but it is very frustrating & we're not alone. peace
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7309 on: January 27, 2020, 12:38:55 PM »

What exactly are you expecting? What's the magical number of songs not performed last time you saw them (or didn't) to make it "not boring"?

/jarmo

Jarmo, if this was billed as just another NITL tour leg, you would be 100% correct in your thinking.  But as even you have noted several times, they are going out of their way to label this upcoming tour "the next chapter".  What, in your mind, do they need to do to make that a valid description just a few months past the last NITL tour outing?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7310 on: January 27, 2020, 12:56:33 PM »

Jarmo, if this was billed as just another NITL tour leg, you would be 100% correct in your thinking.  But as even you have noted several times, they are going out of their way to label this upcoming tour "the next chapter".  What, in your mind, do they need to do to make that a valid description just a few months past the last NITL tour outing?

I'm aware, and I asked you what you're expecting.

I'm expecting them to play the songs people know and love, sprinkled with some they might not know as well.

I hope they keep Dead Horse and Locomotive in the set. Even if that would be considered "boring" by some since they were already played on the last tour, and they're not new music.....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7311 on: January 27, 2020, 01:02:46 PM »

Jarmo, if this was billed as just another NITL tour leg, you would be 100% correct in your thinking.  But as even you have noted several times, they are going out of their way to label this upcoming tour "the next chapter".  What, in your mind, do they need to do to make that a valid description just a few months past the last NITL tour outing?

I'm aware, and I asked you what you're expecting.

I'm expecting them to play the songs people know and love, sprinkled with some they might not know as well.

I hope they keep Dead Horse and Locomotive in the set. Even if that would be considered "boring" by some since they were already played on the last tour, and they're not new music.....  hihi

/jarmo

So it sounds like you want to see more of the same thing you saw on the last NITL tour outing.  And while being perfectly valid if that's what you really want, it does strike me as kind of an easy out in that there is pretty much nothing they could do to disappoint you, even if this tour is a carbon copy as last fall.

You know what I and the vast majority of hardcore fans are hoping for.  And it's not from lack of it being hyped by both band members and management, oddly, until now.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7312 on: January 27, 2020, 01:07:36 PM »

/jarmo

Jarmo, if this was billed as just another NITL tour leg, you would be 100% correct in your thinking.  But as even you have noted several times, they are going out of their way to label this upcoming tour "the next chapter".  What, in your mind, do they need to do to make that a valid description just a few months past the last NITL tour outing?

Stop worrying  ok They labelled the Euro dates as next chapter, nothing else, so add expectation to them. Otherwise, they asked on Twitter for alt tracks to play live so in the short term, that may be their goal. They had a new song on their alt list for the last tour, so maybe they can do that one to appease people in the short term.

The band just want to make a big impact and reach out to the 5 million fans who saw them live. As forum royalty, we should be helping them with ideas and being positive.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7313 on: January 27, 2020, 01:23:35 PM »

So it sounds like you want to see more of the same thing you saw on the last NITL tour outing.  And while being perfectly valid if that's what you really want, it does strike me as kind of an easy out in that there is pretty much nothing they could do to disappoint you, even if this tour is a carbon copy as last fall.

You know what I and the vast majority of hardcore fans are hoping for.  And it's not from lack of it being hyped by both band members and management, oddly, until now.

There's a difference between want and expect.

I think it'll be a new show, I don't believe they will stop playing the hits just to please some fans on the Internet though... Smiley

In my opinion, my expectations are basically realistic. Some songs will get added, hits will still be played. That's it.

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7314 on: January 27, 2020, 01:27:57 PM »

/jarmo

Stop worrying  ok They labelled the Euro dates as next chapter, nothing else, so add expectation to them. Otherwise, they asked on Twitter for alt tracks to play live so in the short term, that may be their goal. They had a new song on their alt list for the last tour, so maybe they can do that one to appease people in the short term.

The band just want to make a big impact and reach out to the 5 million fans who saw them live. As forum royalty, we should be helping them with ideas and being positive.

I'm happy to help anyone associated with the band with thoughts and ideas at any time, obviously, if they genuinely want it. Some sort of focus group made up of fans may actually be a genuinely helpful way forward....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7315 on: January 27, 2020, 01:38:18 PM »

Just because the majority of GNR ticket buyers are boomers with money to burn while they drunkenly shout out the chorus to SCOM, doesn't mean the actual fanbase who, get this, CARE about the band and hearing new music should be ignored outright.  If the idea is that the album (or whatever it is because they're not sure if they can call it that) is now in limbo, they should probably let us know so we can check our expectations.  

Hopefully, this isn't a situation similar to 2006 where they intentionally don't give album updates to sell the tour, leaving it as a dangling carrot for naive fans and promoters.  You know "next chapter" and all that.

In other words, saying "This upcoming tour is the next chapter." hopefully does not become the new "There's X Tuesdays remaining in the year".  Because right now I see little difference between the two.  There's either an album coming, or there is not.  This whole "album limbo" thing is a construct unique to this regime's self-defeating process.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 01:54:01 PM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7316 on: January 27, 2020, 02:04:13 PM »

Which of the upcoming shows are you attending? Or are you wanting to check your expectation for shows you're not attending?

The so called fan base isn't one uniform group of fans who all agree. The only thing in common we have is that we all like (more or less) GN'R. All of these people want different things for GN'R. Yes, new music is at the top of the list for most. Some of us don't expect a completely new setlist just because there's new music, some assume the show will be completely different....

Next time you're at a GN'R show, look to your left, and right, you might see someone who likes GN'R just like you but they don't go on social media, fan forums or things like that.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter what kind of a fan you are. If you just wanna sing along to the hits, that's fine. You like GN'R, bought the ticket, and maybe the t-shirt. Great!

/jarmo

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7317 on: January 27, 2020, 02:08:46 PM »

Just because the majority of GNR ticket buyers are boomers with money to burn while they drunkenly shout out the chorus to SCOM, doesn't mean the actual fanbase who, get this, CARE about the band and hearing new music should be ignored outright.  If the idea is that the album (or whatever it is because they're not sure if they can call it that) is now in limbo, they should probably let us know so we can check our expectations.  

Hopefully, this isn't a situation similar to 2006 where they intentionally don't give album updates to sell the tour, leaving it as a dangling carrot for naive fans and promoters.  You know "next chapter" and all that.

In other words, saying "This upcoming tour is the next chapter." hopefully does not become the new "There's X Tuesdays remaining in the year".  Because right now I see little difference.

The 'how' of releasing an album is a stage in releasing an album. It's no biggie.

2006 was a fun year on the forums, probably not for the band. The release of CD was frustrated on multiple occasions, it's unfair to blame Axl or to use that to judge circumstances, I'm sure someone will explain the whole story in the future.

The band are now a well oiled machine, and there has been multiple interviews explaining quite clearly the bands intentions and their target timescales. GN'R is Axl, Slash and Duff now, not Axl on his own. Musketeers unite.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7318 on: January 27, 2020, 02:19:46 PM »

In other words, saying "This upcoming tour is the next chapter." hopefully does not become the new "There's X Tuesdays remaining in the year".  Because right now I see little difference.

The 'how' of releasing an album is a stage in releasing an album. It's no biggie.

2006 was a fun year on the forums, probably not for the band. The release of CD was frustrated on multiple occasions, it's unfair to blame Axl or to use that to judge circumstances, I'm sure someone will explain the whole story in the future.

The band are now a well oiled machine, and there has been multiple interviews explaining quite clearly the bands intentions and their target timescales. GN'R is Axl, Slash and Duff now, not Axl on his own. Musketeers unite.

That they no longer have the excuses that plagued them from 2000-2014 only makes them *not* delivering on what they've said in regard to a new album that much more frustrating and baffling. It also shows that if they don't rise to the occasion, is was simply because they didn't do what needed to be done to make it a reality.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7319 on: January 27, 2020, 02:34:37 PM »

That they no longer have the excuses that plagued them from 2000-2014 only makes them *not* delivering on what they've said in regard to a new album that much more frustrating and baffling. It also shows that if they don't rise to the occasion, is was simply because they didn't do what needed to be done to make it a reality.

Lordy, it's the 27th January. On the Fernando thing, there is still two months. Even then, March is a crowded month for releases, what about the bigger picture and the 5 million potential listeners, probably more.

It's not about you, it's about getting this right.
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: