Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:36:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1559743 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7440 on: February 20, 2020, 09:54:46 PM »

It's one thing for Slash to play CD songs live, it could very well be a different animal asking him to play on or re-do parts to record songs that were started, generated and composed by other players. IDK, I think he may have a problem with that.

But what if the choice is that or nothing...

That would be unfortunate if that were the case

In all honesty, I don’t get the infatuation with needing to hear Slash play on certain songs from CD era.  He’s not going to necessarily make them better.  I mean, on some of the leaks with Buckethead, he absolutely kills it.  I don’t think it would happen for multiple reasons, but I would enjoy keeping Bucket on some of those songs.  And the fact that his parts will more then likely be redone for legal reasons, I’m going to cherish those leaks.  

Does anyone know how that works?  Could Axl still release music with Buckethead on it?  Or would Axl have Buckets parts redone so essentially he doesn’t have to pay him, and there’s no strings attached?  And if that happened, doesn’t Bucket still heavily influence the song even though Slash is used on a re-recording?

Completely agree

As for the recording - gonna go out on a limb here  hihi and say that everyone who played with this band from the time Slash and Duff left signed a deal with the devil  Wink
And it allows Axl to do whatever the hell he wants

Considering that he made Better better... yeah..I want Slash to play on them. Sure, TIL solo is Robin's and Robin's alone, and buckethead owns Twat and Madagascar, but that doesnt mean we can't have both worlds. Actually we may just get both worlds, with the leaks and a new album. 

I personally don’t think he made Better better. 

I agree, I actually didn’t like any of slash’s solos for CD stuff when I saw them. Part of that could be that he was still feeling out where to go with it, but for me there was some feeling missing from the playing there. It was a solo to just exist as a solo but without the heart.

Which is understandable since it’s a song that was already out and he wasn’t a part of

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7441 on: February 21, 2020, 10:18:38 AM »

It's natural to become accustomed to how you first heard something on a album.

When someone else plays it, even done well, it seems a little off.  This was certainly the case during the Island Of Misfit Toys Era.  The classic catalog did not sound right.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7442 on: February 21, 2020, 12:01:51 PM »

When someone else plays it, even done well, it seems a little off.  This was certainly the case during the Island Of Misfit Toys Era.  The classic catalog did not sound right.

I think that is correct.
I think Better, on the album especially was stiff. I always prefer the rock am ring 2006 version far ..better Tongue But I feel that way about most CD songs.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #7443 on: February 21, 2020, 12:58:44 PM »

I think that is correct.
I think Better, on the album especially was stiff. I always prefer the rock am ring 2006 version far ..better Tongue But I feel that way about most CD songs.
I agree mate
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7444 on: February 21, 2020, 04:51:41 PM »

Not to do with Slash specifically, but I think Better is one of those songs that benefits from the extra guitar of the CD-era.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7445 on: February 21, 2020, 06:52:19 PM »

When do you guys think GNR will release a new single?...before the SA tour, Europe tour or the NA tour?

Rizzo160
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7446 on: February 21, 2020, 07:26:50 PM »

When do you guys think GNR will release a new single?...before the SA tour, Europe tour or the NA tour?

It makes sense to release a single, but will they at all? who knows....

The way things are going, i don't think anything new will happen on stage until Europe. Perhaps a single between SA and Europe?  SA always sells tickets very well, so i don't think they are in a rush or need to do anything drastic before then. I hope I'm wrong.

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #7447 on: February 22, 2020, 06:55:05 AM »

The way things are going, i don't think anything new will happen on stage until Europe. Perhaps a single between SA and Europe?  SA always sells tickets very well, so i don't think they are in a rush or need to do anything drastic before then. I hope I'm wrong.

Somehing is in the air. Superbowl, all the commercials, Westworld trailer with GnR, big tour with no name yet....  silence from the bandmembers, good signs all over

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7448 on: February 22, 2020, 07:18:03 AM »

Somehing is in the air. Superbowl, all the commercials, Westworld trailer with GnR, big tour with no name yet....  silence from the bandmembers, good signs all over

I'm not really sure how doing a concert in the same city as the Superbowl, advertising the new tour, and having an old song used in an advert for a TV show points to 'something in the air' and 'signs all over' to be honest. I think this might be VERY wishful thinking......

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #7449 on: February 22, 2020, 07:24:26 AM »

I'm not really sure how doing a concert in the same city as the Superbowl, advertising the new tour, and having an old song used in an advert for a TV show points to 'something in the air' and 'signs all over' to be honest. I think this might be VERY wishful thinking......

Depends on what the sign are for. GnR activity 2020? New chapter touring ? Definitive! New music? We dont know fore sure YET but there is still NO reason to be negative about it.thats for sure

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #7450 on: February 22, 2020, 08:48:25 AM »

Maybe a little bit of confirmation bias here?
I don't think they have any intention of releasing new music.
Not this year, not in the near future.

The fact that they are licensing old songs (SCOM, Patience) for various projects, tells me they have another revenue stream in addition touring and putting out tacky merchandise.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7451 on: February 22, 2020, 09:33:20 AM »

So according to your way of thinking, since they can license the old songs, they won't release anything new.

To me that makes little sense. Considering they didn't write all those songs for themselves.... Hell, Axl was talking about releasing them before the NITL tour happened. And now he changed his mind?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7452 on: February 22, 2020, 11:18:52 AM »

Depends on what the sign are for. GnR activity 2020? New chapter touring ? Definitive! New music? We dont know fore sure YET but there is still NO reason to be negative about it.thats for sure

Well, yes, we do know they're active. We don't need signs for that though - we have the tour dates!

Other than that, I don't see anything that points in either direction for new music or not.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7453 on: February 23, 2020, 02:09:22 AM »

I agree, I actually didn’t like any of slash’s solos for CD stuff when I saw them. Part of that could be that he was still feeling out where to go with it, but for me there was some feeling missing from the playing there. It was a solo to just exist as a solo but without the heart.

He honestly doesn't have the melodic sensibility he used to have when improvising. These days he's become a real shredder and not as melodic or bluesy as he used to be, and he obviously never sat down and composed a new solo for any of the CD stuff, he just wings it live. I really hope he spends time on any new material, because as much as he hates to do it, I think it's beginning to show in his work with Myles that he needs to spend more time on it.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #7454 on: February 23, 2020, 04:02:45 AM »

He honestly doesn't have the melodic sensibility he used to have when improvising. These days he's become a real shredder and not as melodic or bluesy as he used to be, and he obviously never sat down and composed a new solo for any of the CD stuff, he just wings it live. I really hope he spends time on any new material, because as much as he hates to do it, I think it's beginning to show in his work with Myles that he needs to spend more time on it.
as i said sometimes ago, slash Shouldn’t play for 1 year... do something else and rest your fingers
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7455 on: February 23, 2020, 07:52:25 PM »

I think the new single will come out during the European tour.

Rizzo160
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #7456 on: February 24, 2020, 12:19:54 AM »

Could the new album title be right before our eyes?  “ The Next Chapter”.

I would drop a Single ( Hard School) on March 9th right before the tour.  Drop the Album at the end of April, to get ready for the Summer.  It would be really cool, if they just did a surprise release couple days before the first show in March.  Either way I can’t wait for these Summer shows.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7457 on: February 24, 2020, 07:37:34 AM »

So according to your way of thinking, since they can license the old songs, they won't release anything new.

To me that makes little sense. Considering they didn't write all those songs for themselves.... Hell, Axl was talking about releasing them before the NITL tour happened. And now he changed his mind?

Axl says a lot of things.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7458 on: February 24, 2020, 08:07:56 AM »

Axl says a lot of things.

Actually, he really doesn't..... And that seems to bother some.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #7459 on: February 24, 2020, 08:27:21 AM »

D-Gen needs to put that last Axl quote from 2014 back up as his signature.  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: