Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:28:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227810 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1560261 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7460 on: February 24, 2020, 09:39:58 AM »

Axl says a lot of things.

Actually, he really doesn't..... And that seems to bother some.

If anything, that is even more damning.  When you look at the amount of times he actually speaks in relation to his actual hit rate of those things coming to pass.

Let's not pretend his word is his bond and it can be taken to the bank with regularity.  He just says stuff.  Very little follow through.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7461 on: February 24, 2020, 09:45:56 AM »

D-Gen needs to put that last Axl quote from 2014 back up as his signature.  hihi

Hahahaha.  Those dark days are over, thankfully.

I've been a pretty content fan since early 2016.  People just need to be honest with themselves as to what this band is these days.  It's a giant money making touring operation by a legacy band.

Viewed as that reality, they have been delivering for 4 years.  Its when people stray from that reality and expect things that are pretty obviously not a priority to the band that things can get frustrating for you.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7462 on: February 24, 2020, 09:54:41 AM »

D-Gen needs to put that last Axl quote from 2014 back up as his signature.  hihi

Hahahaha.  Those dark days are over, thankfully.

I've been a pretty content fan since early 2016.  People just need to be honest with themselves as to what this band is these days.  It's a giant money making touring operation by a legacy band.

Viewed as that reality, they have been delivering for 4 years.  Its when people stray from that reality and expect things that are pretty obviously not a priority to the band that things can get frustrating for you.

That's what I need to do.  Let go of my hopes of this being a creatively active operation, that is.  The truth is we're now 12 years gone from the bungled release of Chinese Democracy with not 1 song officially released since.  Axl's knocking on the door of 60, and the others aren't too far behind.  What does he have to sing about these days anyway other than Donald Trump and fans who refuse to pay $600.00 for a pair of tickets?  The "world's most dangerous band" went willingly into that good night some time in 2010, and seemingly haven't looked back.

What we're left with now is a creatively bankrupt, albeit well-oiled, touring machine that will continue...until they don't.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7463 on: February 24, 2020, 10:09:25 AM »

He just says stuff.  

No he really doesn't.

Just because things didn't go as planned, doesn't mean "he just says stuff".

He wouldn't say anything if he didn't believe it was true. Simple as that.

Maybe this is why he doesn't like talking in the first place. Because according to people like yourself he just says stuff and basically lies all the time. Which is the complete opposite of the truth.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7464 on: February 24, 2020, 10:40:43 AM »

That's what I need to do.  Let go of my hopes of this being a creatively active operation, that is.  The truth is we're now 12 years gone from the bungled release of Chinese Democracy with not 1 song officially released since.  Axl's knocking on the door of 60, and the others aren't too far behind.  What does he have to sing about these days anyway other than Donald Trump and fans who refuse to pay $600.00 for a pair of tickets?  The "world's most dangerous band" went willingly into that good night some time in 2010, and seemingly haven't looked back.

What we're left with now is a creatively bankrupt, albeit well-oiled, touring machine that will continue...until they don't.

Certainly more glass half empty than I'd put it.

Think of it more like this.  This has't been a viable creative artistic entity in more like 20 years.  The clusterfuck album we did eventually get in 2008 were songs that were largely recorded around 2000.  Few tweaks here or there, but the guts of the work were done for some time.

And that whole time, what were they? Basically a touring band.  But a touring band trying to sell us the DJ Ashbas and Ron Thals of the world as Guns N' Roses.  No one was buying that.  We tolerated it because we had no other choice.

They are still that same touring band, only now with more credible personnel to claim as Guns N' Roses.  They are playing sold out stadiums and arenas.  And not "up close and personal" <wink, wink> venues they still did not always sell out.  They take the stage on time, not 11:30.  And the notoriously unhappiest man in the rock universe actually seems to be enjoying himself up there for the first time...I don't know, ever?

I see progress here, big time progress.  Just not perfection.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7465 on: February 24, 2020, 10:43:49 AM »

He just says stuff.  

No he really doesn't.

Just because things didn't go as planned, doesn't mean "he just says stuff".

He wouldn't say anything if he didn't believe it was true. Simple as that.

Maybe this is why he doesn't like talking in the first place. Because according to people like yourself he just says stuff and basically lies all the time. Which is the complete opposite of the truth.

It's A Hard Knock Life, for him.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7466 on: February 24, 2020, 10:48:07 AM »

Certainly more glass half empty than I'd put it.

Think of it more like this.  This has't been a viable creative artistic entity in more like 20 years.  The clusterfuck album we did eventually get in 2008 were songs that were largely recorded around 2000.  Few tweaks here or there, but the guts of the work were done for some time.

And that whole time, what were they? Basically a touring band.  But a touring band trying to sell us the DJ Ashbas and Ron Thals of the world as Guns N' Roses.  No one was buying that.  We tolerated it because we had no other choice.

They are still that same touring band, only now with more credible personnel to claim as Guns N' Roses.  They are playing sold out stadiums and arenas.  And not "up close and personal" <wink, wink> venues they still did not always sell out.  They take the stage on time, not 11:30.  And the notoriously unhappiest man in the rock universe actually seems to be enjoying himself up there for the first time...I don't know, ever?

I see progress here, big time progress.  Just not perfection.

No debate there.  They went from RC to Coke inside 1 year, and they're no doubt the better commercially and financially for it.  I'm just saying that that is basically a prison of it's own, as in why would they deviate from raking it in with these shows to spend precious time working on new music just to a appease a fraction of the folks going to these shows?  The sad thing is that the folks going to these shows to hear 3 or 4 songs are the vast majority and will be the ones catered to from here on out.  As a long time fan, that stings a bit.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7467 on: February 24, 2020, 11:18:21 AM »

It's A Hard Knock Life, for him.

It kinda sucks that some of his fans who think they know him don't really have a clue...

I'm just saying that that is basically a prison of it's own, as in why would they deviate from raking it in with these shows to spend precious time working on new music just to a appease a fraction of the folks going to these shows?  The sad thing is that the folks going to these shows to hear 3 or 4 songs are the vast majority and will be the ones catered to from here on out.  As a long time fan, that stings a bit.

Assumptions....

You're assuming that since they didn't say A, B must be true. In other words, they didn't promise you a new release within your preferred time frame, so it must mean there's absolutely no interest from the band to release anything. Ever.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #7468 on: February 24, 2020, 12:18:50 PM »

Just throwing this out their if GNR came out with a Big Ass Box Set similar too Appetite but for Chinese Democracy Era songs possibly Re Recordings with Slash & Duff and then you throw in One New Song and you close out the CD Era of GNR history regardless of how ya feel about it but ya get closure with on that era possibly some new stuff not heard before?

Would people be into that?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7469 on: February 24, 2020, 12:30:45 PM »

Just throwing this out their if GNR came out with a Big Ass Box Set similar too Appetite but for Chinese Democracy Era songs possibly Re Recordings with Slash & Duff and then you throw in One New Song and you close out the CD Era of GNR history regardless of how ya feel about it but ya get closure with on that era possibly some new stuff not heard before?

The multi-hundred dollar chest?  Nope, not interested.  I was gifted one (still no one in the house has owned up to it), and I love it, but when it was released at it's original price point? Too rich for my blood...and I still feel that way having gotten a hold of one.  The box is well worth the $400-ish price tag it has more recently had, but I still don't think it's something I would buy for myself.  I think if GnR were to make that the ONLY way to get a hold of new music....especially with the heightened demand the NITL tour has drummed up....they would be doing themselves a disservice.  I'm confident, though, they wouldn't do that.

But, if they released (like they did before) a $50 to $100 version?  Yeah, I'd jump on that.  With one (or a couple) new song?  Sign me up.  I think you'd get pretty high demand for it, too.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7470 on: February 24, 2020, 12:39:19 PM »

You'd have to downplay the CD angle and talk up the return of Slash and Duff on what you'd be selling as new material.

CD, to most people, is a symbol of failure.  I don't think it makes marketing sense to talk that up.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7471 on: February 24, 2020, 12:48:49 PM »

The average rock fan wouldn't buy the box set to get one song. Hardcore fans, sure.

I think these are two different things though. The next new release will be the first with Axl, Duff and Slash together since the 1990s. Makes little sense to tie that in with Chinese Democracy.

Now a Chinese Democracy box set would be amazing. But that album was released when Duff and Slash weren't in the band...

/jarmo

tange
Opening Act

« Reply #7472 on: February 24, 2020, 12:54:25 PM »

agree with Jarmo. Releasing part 2 of chinese with the new (old) guys back in the band would be confusing. I'd love a total release of all the chinese stuff to clear to decks and then an album by the current lineup. Hopefully, with Izzy writing some stuff too.

"There was one song on that record that I didn't even know was on it until it came out, 'My World'," Stradlin continues. "I gave it a listen and thought, 'What the fuck is this?' "

-IZZY STRADLIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7473 on: February 24, 2020, 01:24:06 PM »

I didn't mean Duff and Slash can't work with Axl on songs that were written before the NITL tour happened.

I meant that they probably won't put those songs in a box set related to Chinese Democracy.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7474 on: February 24, 2020, 02:22:35 PM »

Jarmo is correct.  Those are 2 separate products.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7475 on: February 24, 2020, 02:36:01 PM »

I would be all over that, instantly, whatever it contained......but the price-point has to be something I can afford obviously (i.e. not $1000!)....but a $50-$100 multiple disc box? That would be ideal to me. An instant buy.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7476 on: February 24, 2020, 03:41:38 PM »

The average rock fan wouldn't buy the box set to get one song. Hardcore fans, sure.

I think these are two different things though. The next new release will be the first with Axl, Duff and Slash together since the 1990s. Makes little sense to tie that in with Chinese Democracy.

Now a Chinese Democracy box set would be amazing. But that album was released when Duff and Slash weren't in the band...

/jarmo

I think a lot of people would love to hear all the Chinese era stuff, and that includes the average fan.  They might just not know it yet. It’s all about timing.  I think the band profits more on Chinese era material only if it’s released after these guys put out their first album since the 90’s.  Once you kinda re-establish the GNR name and get people interested once again....releasing Chinese music will be welcomed.  Even if it’s released at a much later date.  Maybe even when everything is said and done

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7477 on: February 24, 2020, 03:58:19 PM »

As a fan, I'd love deluxe box sets of every album.

hihi

/jarmo

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7478 on: February 24, 2020, 04:45:37 PM »

3 CD box set release

1) Older Appetite/Illusion stuff they never finished

2) CD songs still unrecorded and out there

3) New album with this current band

This would be an orgy of stuff to make all happy

And I'd pay a pretty penny for it too

(2nd time suggesting this - can't imagine why Axl doesn't take my advice  rofl)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #7479 on: February 24, 2020, 05:59:36 PM »

to me CD contains good music but lacks of unity or a strong concept to tie the whole
thing together. that's not a problem of musicianship, I didn't miss Duff or Slash on it,
even I would have prefer to see them in the casting. now that they are back I just
hope they won't do a nostalgic album (the tours are there for nostalgia) and move
on from CD to whatever is next and I just pray (well, not really, I'm an atheist)
that the production will be, paradoxally less modern than the music.

I don't even know if they talked about a producer yet

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: