Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:57:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227834 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1565174 times)
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7520 on: March 04, 2020, 04:24:20 PM »

Does anyone think the album could be pushed back or even cancelled due to Coronavirus?  

With other high profile acts pumping the brakes their planned 2020 albums left and right in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, are GNR next?  It's clear that not being able to put out new music would be a devastating blow to team GNR given the obvious enthusiasm on that front, but will they have any choice??

ONLY this band would try that.  One has nothing to do with the other.  Everyone else is going to work daily.  I get canceling the tour.  makes sense, not being able to put out new music? hahahahahaha

t\

I dunno...Recording studios and Universal Music Execs offices are known breeding ground for illness.  This could be bad!!  Maybe the "Next Chapter" will be pushed to 2021 for a Now Even More Next Chaptererer Tour.

then that would be true of every band releasing music this year?  A recording studio would have the band for the most part, a very small number of people
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7521 on: March 04, 2020, 04:30:42 PM »

Does anyone think the album could be pushed back or even cancelled due to Coronavirus?  

With other high profile acts pumping the brakes their planned 2020 albums left and right in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, are GNR next?  It's clear that not being able to put out new music would be a devastating blow to team GNR given the obvious enthusiasm on that front, but will they have any choice??

ONLY this band would try that.  One has nothing to do with the other.  Everyone else is going to work daily.  I get canceling the tour.  makes sense, not being able to put out new music? hahahahahaha

t\

I dunno...Recording studios and Universal Music Execs offices are known breeding ground for illness.  This could be bad!!  Maybe the "Next Chapter" will be pushed to 2021 for a Now Even More Next Chaptererer Tour.

then that would be true of every band releasing music this year?  A recording studio would have the band for the most part, a very small number of people

I for one think it makes perfect sense and would 100% support GNR's decision to postpone all album and touring plans to next year.  It would be downright courageous of them. Are you not a fan??
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7522 on: March 04, 2020, 05:02:10 PM »

t\

I for one think it makes perfect sense and would 100% support GNR's decision to postpone all album and touring plans to next year.  It would be downright courageous of them. Are you not a fan??

hahaha, I love the sarcasm!. 
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7523 on: March 04, 2020, 05:06:46 PM »

ONLY this band would try that.  One has nothing to do with the other.  Everyone else is going to work daily.  I get canceling the tour.  makes sense, not being able to put out new music? hahahahahaha

t\

I dunno...Recording studios and Universal Music Execs offices are known breeding ground for illness.  This could be bad!!  Maybe the "Next Chapter" will be pushed to 2021 for a Now Even More Next Chaptererer Tour.

then that would be true of every band releasing music this year?  A recording studio would have the band for the most part, a very small number of people

I for one think it makes perfect sense and would 100% support GNR's decision to postpone all album and touring plans to next year.  It would be downright courageous of them. Are you not a fan??

hahaha, I love the sarcasm!.  

No sarcasm! I trust our Team Brazil overlords implicitly and trust that their vast and forward thinking knowledge of the music industry will lead us to a bright end, fans and TB walking hand in hand, Coronavirus be damned!  GNR 2021 starts now!!
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7524 on: March 04, 2020, 05:39:04 PM »

I think only parts of the tour will be canceled in parts of the country that are most affected by the coronavirus.

Rizzo160
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7525 on: March 04, 2020, 08:46:35 PM »

Hopefully the coronavirus will be in check before the NA tour.  I wonder if GNR will have to cancel any tour events due to the virus.  Scary

I'm actually kinda concerned about this. The second person in NYC infected with the virus works close to my office.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7526 on: March 04, 2020, 10:57:51 PM »

Everyone is still going to work for now. We have no idea what spring and summer will look like.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7527 on: March 07, 2020, 07:11:42 PM »

Less than a week till the tour kicks off... hopefully new music. beer

Rizzo160
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7528 on: March 11, 2020, 05:09:35 PM »

Hearing a rumour that UMG have refused Axl’s demands for the next release to comprise of a Chinese box set with remastered cd1 and an EP with CD2 songs, but not recorded by Slash and Duff. Allegedly Guns are contracted for 1 more album only and the EP would count for that so UMG want a new contract. Axl apparently feels screwed over by UMG for the CD release back in 2008. Pissed though I am, gotta side with Axl here.

Take it for what it’s worth.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 05:11:16 PM by Stardust » Logged

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #7529 on: March 12, 2020, 04:25:43 AM »

and it’s worth horseshit  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7530 on: March 12, 2020, 08:17:00 AM »

Hearing a rumour that UMG have refused Axl’s demands for the next release to comprise of a Chinese box set with remastered cd1 and an EP with CD2 songs, but not recorded by Slash and Duff. Allegedly Guns are contracted for 1 more album only and the EP would count for that so UMG want a new contract. Axl apparently feels screwed over by UMG for the CD release back in 2008. Pissed though I am, gotta side with Axl here.

No offence meant .....but we've heard things like this so many times in the past.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7531 on: March 12, 2020, 09:02:00 AM »

We’ve heard similar, but nothing quite like this. Sounds plausible too. We know from the Axl chats that he was pissed about CD’s release so a redux with part 2 would be a natural expectation. If we are to believe the rumours, UMG aren’t on the same page as Axl, unfortunately

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7532 on: March 12, 2020, 09:05:04 AM »

We’ve heard similar, but nothing quite like this. Sounds plausible too. We know from the Axl chats that he was pissed about CD’s release so a redux with part 2 would be a natural expectation. If we are to believe the rumours, UMG aren’t on the same page as Axl, unfortunately

It does make some sense.
A company looking to maximize profits will expect the next album to be Slash / Duff related - not more songs from an album that dropped over a decade ago with mixed results.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #7533 on: March 12, 2020, 09:33:47 AM »

Same bat time...same bat channel. November 23rd 2020 is the date! hihi

Sounds like horseshit to me but I would definitely be interested in a Chinese boxset with the Chinese band members. The only way for Axl to really show his full musical vision for that time frame.

The new band should write their own songs at this point. They have been together 4 years now.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7534 on: March 12, 2020, 10:03:09 AM »

We've heard all sorts.

What's the source for this. If it's an 'insider' just write it off immediately. There have been literally hundreds of them over the years....all of them full of shit.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #7535 on: March 12, 2020, 04:29:13 PM »

If they plan to release a new album this summer/fall, would they wait untill the covid19 situation has calmed down? Now when it looks like the tour is getting postphoned it may have a big impact on album plans also?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7536 on: March 13, 2020, 09:40:02 AM »

That is just not sound business strategy.

Hey, here's a remastered version of an album that didn't make any real impact the first time.  As a bonus, we are including other songs from those sessions recorded by the replacements of the replacements of the guys most of you considered Guns N' Roses anyway.  Order now!! 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #7537 on: March 13, 2020, 09:44:36 AM »

There is a time, a place, and a dollar to be made by all for a Chinese Democracy boxset. This is not the time.  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7538 on: March 13, 2020, 10:47:04 AM »

There is a time, a place, and a dollar to be made by all for a Chinese Democracy boxset. This is not the time.  hihi

Is there though?

Guns N' Roses became a niche product in the CD era.  There was a reason.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #7539 on: March 13, 2020, 10:58:58 AM »

There is.  It's called 1999.  rofl
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: