Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:08:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1548853 times)
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #7600 on: April 03, 2020, 08:36:51 AM »

That's assuming that if they don't need to release new music, that they don't want to.

I'm not so sure about that.

After all, they're musicians who create music. I doubt that they create it just for themselves.

I know that it can be frustrating for some fans waiting for this new music to materialize, but it still doesn't mean that the band is against releasing new material....

/jarmo

This is the argument you've used for years why there HASN'T been a release. So which is it, do bands make music for themselves or for an audience?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7601 on: April 03, 2020, 11:55:58 AM »

This is the argument you've used for years why there HASN'T been a release. So which is it, do bands make music for themselves or for an audience?

Could be both.

You could write a song that says/expresses something you wanna say. And then you release it because you wanna share it with others.

My point is that I doubt GN'R write songs, record them and so on just to have those songs professionally recorded for themselves.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7602 on: April 03, 2020, 04:30:51 PM »

Wish we would get an update from the band, either yes or no concerning new music.  I know it's a crazy time right know, but silence is not always golden.

Rizzo160
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7603 on: April 03, 2020, 05:55:07 PM »

Wish we would get an update from the band, either yes or no concerning new music.  I know it's a crazy time right know, but silence is not always golden.

As a hardcore fan of GNR, I could care less if they give an update. Don't get me wrong. I would love to hear a new song and album. However, getting through this virus situation with my family, friends, coworkers, and I  as healthy as we can be is my concern right now.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7604 on: April 03, 2020, 07:06:04 PM »

Wish we would get an update from the band, either yes or no concerning new music.  I know it's a crazy time right know, but silence is not always golden.

As a hardcore fan of GNR, I could care less if they give an update. Don't get me wrong. I would love to hear a new song and album. However, getting through this virus situation with my family, friends, coworkers, and I  as healthy as we can be is my concern right now.

I think we'e all in that situation. I do want an update about the show I have tickets for in a few weeks, and what's going on with it though......

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7605 on: April 03, 2020, 07:50:30 PM »

Terrible management and no updates on music, or touring, unbelievable.

Rizzo160
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #7606 on: April 04, 2020, 04:58:24 AM »

Give us courage to change what must be altered,
serenity to accept what cannot be helped, (hint)
and the insight to know the one from the other.

But nonetheless an update, whatever tiny it may be, would be very much appreciated.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7607 on: April 04, 2020, 07:06:53 AM »

Are you aware that there's a global pandemic going on?

No one knows what will happen in a few weeks, let alone months.

People don't have jobs, toilet paper or any idea when they can see their relatives again, I doubt new GN'R music is a high priority at the moment.

I know it would make all of us happy. But in the big picture things are going on that makes it difficult to be upset about no updates about new music.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7608 on: April 04, 2020, 07:15:37 AM »

I think the new music thing can realistically wait. But we do need to know about the tour asap, as fans have a lot of money invested in it. Money that many may want back to help with their living expenses at present and that's only fair.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7609 on: April 04, 2020, 02:39:05 PM »

Wish we would get an update from the band, either yes or no concerning new music.  I know it's a crazy time right know, but silence is not always golden.

As a hardcore fan of GNR, I could care less if they give an update. Don't get me wrong. I would love to hear a new song and album. However, getting through this virus situation with my family, friends, coworkers, and I  as healthy as we can be is my concern right now.

I think we'e all in that situation. I do want an update about the show I have tickets for in a few weeks, and what's going on with it though......

I get that, but that's not GNR's responsibility. It's the responsibility of the promoter and venue. When Godsmack/Halestorm cancelled their concert this week, I didn't hear from Godsmack nor Halestorm. I received an email first from Prudential Center stating that the concert has been rescheduled for next year. I received a second email from TicketMaster stating that it would be  postponed to next year. The NJ rock station, WDHA, was a sponsor. They posted on their website that the concert was postponed after Prudential and TicketMaster sent  emails.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7610 on: April 04, 2020, 03:13:08 PM »

I think the music industry is waiting to see what will happen and what decisions government make.

Based on those government decisions and recommendations, they will then make decisions on the tours.

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7611 on: April 04, 2020, 03:42:26 PM »

I think the music industry is waiting to see what will happen and what decisions government make.

Based on those government decisions and recommendations, they will then make decisions on the tours.

/jarmo

We know for almost a certainty that the London shows won't be happening. We're on lockdown here until 'at least'June. That's if things go really well.

FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #7612 on: April 04, 2020, 05:43:09 PM »

Not trying to diss you (honestly) but how long have you been a fan of this band? No news means there's no new music coming up right now. It's always been like that. When there's something to tell they'll tell us. Until then live your life. Axl said something like that a long time ago: don't make new music by GnR a too important part of your life. I am fine with that. I'd rather have them drop music when they want to than have them drop something cause it'll make them money (like most artists do).

I don't care what Fernando said last year...things change and we'll just roll with it. I don't hold a grudge towards him cause he said something about new music coming soon. And with this I am also not disrespecting GnR: they released their best songs (and thus their legacy) a long time ago. Everything else will just be a nice addition, but they'll never release epic stuff like back in the day. It's impossible cause time made it into legendary music.

And also: they gave pretty clear updates about touring: tours postponed until further notice and some have been rescheduled.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7613 on: April 04, 2020, 06:45:53 PM »

I guess some people will drink the Koolaid, I have been a fan for 35 years.  I just feel management should be more transparent and give us updates more than once every couple of years. I will always be a fan of the band but won't blindly support their management

Rizzo160
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7614 on: April 04, 2020, 10:19:08 PM »

Not trying to diss you (honestly) but how long have you been a fan of this band? No news means there's no new music coming up right now. It's always been like that. When there's something to tell they'll tell us. Until then live your life. Axl said something like that a long time ago: don't make new music by GnR a too important part of your life. I am fine with that. I'd rather have them drop music when they want to than have them drop something cause it'll make them money (like most artists do).

I don't care what Fernando said last year...things change and we'll just roll with it. I don't hold a grudge towards him cause he said something about new music coming soon. And with this I am also not disrespecting GnR: they released their best songs (and thus their legacy) a long time ago. Everything else will just be a nice addition, but they'll never release epic stuff like back in the day. It's impossible cause time made it into legendary music.

And also: they gave pretty clear updates about touring: tours postponed until further notice and some have been rescheduled.

Well......that's not true on the tour front. Tickets are still on sale for all the tour dates, including the ones starting in just over six weeks. There has been no mention of them being postponed anywhere.

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #7615 on: April 05, 2020, 05:51:02 AM »

/jarmo

We know for almost a certainty that the London shows won't be happening. We're on lockdown here until 'at least'June. That's if things go really well.
I agree, just hoping Lady Gaga at the end of July goes ahead, but with football season in a standstill, the same ground maybe required to complete the season, so may take president over music events anyway
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7616 on: April 05, 2020, 06:51:57 AM »

I guess some people will drink the Koolaid, I have been a fan for 35 years.  I just feel management should be more transparent and give us updates more than once every couple of years. I will always be a fan of the band but won't blindly support their management

The logic here is a little faulty in my opinion.

Who does the management you don't blindly support work for? The band. What I'm trying to say is that management won't just put out updates without reason. If the band hasn't anything to say, then management won't put out an update.

If there's no new tour, management won't put out an update saying "there's no new tour dates". I think this applies for anything really.

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7617 on: April 05, 2020, 07:31:42 AM »

/jarmo

I agree, just hoping Lady Gaga at the end of July goes ahead, but with football season in a standstill, the same ground maybe required to complete the season, so may take president over music events anyway

I'd be amazed if it happens. Even if we get out of lockdown in June (which seems less and less likely as the morons in the UK this weekend seem to be ignoring the lockdown) the ban on events will remain for months afterwards apparently. There's also the 'second wave' concerns. My 'absolutely not an expert' opinion is that we won't see live music here until winter. Maybe not even this year.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7618 on: April 05, 2020, 07:54:28 AM »

I think anyone suggesting a tour anytime soon needs a reality check - fast
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #7619 on: April 05, 2020, 08:07:26 AM »

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/coronavirus-music-business-latest-974262/

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: