Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:38:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227757 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1557908 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7760 on: May 25, 2020, 12:21:52 PM »

Just was watching on reelz the breakup of bands, maybe the reason GNR has not put an album out yet, is they don't want to ruin the band again.  Kiss broke up and then got back together, to only squabble over  Psycho Circus.  Maybe Guns just wants to tour and not fight over the creative differences in making a new album. It might be for the best, at least we have them touring happily together. Thoughts? beer

... so they've just been lying through their teeth repeatedly? Nah, I don't think so.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7761 on: May 25, 2020, 07:47:53 PM »

I don't think they are lying I just think creative differences is making them to not put out an album. beer

Rizzo160
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7762 on: May 26, 2020, 04:35:26 AM »

I don't think they are lying I just think creative differences is making them to not put out an album. beer

But they have said repeatedly that they are working on an album...

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7763 on: May 26, 2020, 07:24:35 PM »

I guess time will tell, hopefully we get a new album next year. beer

Rizzo160
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7764 on: May 27, 2020, 09:23:17 AM »

Next year???  hahha
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #7765 on: May 27, 2020, 11:43:38 AM »

Next year???  hahha

I'm sure a certain fax machine will fire up soon letting us know what Tuesday to keep our eyes open for. I sometimes miss the early 2000's GnR dark ages.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7766 on: May 27, 2020, 01:27:52 PM »

We didn't even pass the halfway point of 2020 yet...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7767 on: May 27, 2020, 09:23:07 PM »

Tough crowd beer

Rizzo160
shadowofthewave
Opening Act

« Reply #7768 on: May 28, 2020, 08:06:18 PM »

We didn't even pass the halfway point of 2020 yet...

/jarmo

Fernando said on Reddit they want a tour to coincide with the album and it's very unlikely they'll be able to tour this year.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7769 on: May 29, 2020, 06:15:32 AM »

Fernando said on Reddit they want a tour to coincide with the album and it's very unlikely they'll be able to tour this year.

Makes sense.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7770 on: May 29, 2020, 08:30:38 AM »

If the band are about creativity, self expression and legacy why not release an album now then spend the next 6 plus months working on additional music and releasing a 2nd album when touring is allowed again? Axl apparently has 3 plus albums in the vault and with the work ethic Slash and Duff have there is no logical reason they could not do this.

Unless it's all about marketing, fame and money. But then this is a band that noted 'Freedom through musical integrity' but now sell dinky toy trucks and children's books so it certainly feels like the fire to create and release music is at the very least diminished.

Everything isn't as black or white as you describe. It's not always "either you do what I want or you do something horribly wrong".

Maybe they're using this downtime to work on new material but still don't wanna release what they have, until they have an idea of when they can play the music live, while still putting out new merchandise?

If they put out new music yesterday some would be saying GN'R are just using the pandemic for their own benefit and not thinking about their fans. Making them buy new music in times when people don't have money... I'm only half joking about the fact that some people like to post their honest objective opinion about everything.

Edited to add: You forgot to mention the t-shrts they sold where profits went to charity. I also doubt the band wrote the children's picture book. That's probably more of a licensing thing where the book is licensed to use the song's lyrics. Just like when a movie uses a song.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 06:55:23 PM by jarmo » Logged

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7771 on: May 29, 2020, 04:42:29 PM »

So then there will be no album untill touring begins.  Hopefully get a release in the fall when GNR tours Latin America. Kinda makes sense beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7772 on: May 29, 2020, 05:34:26 PM »

So then there will be no album untill touring begins.  Hopefully get a release in the fall when GNR tours Latin America. Kinda makes sense beer

Let's see.

If you put out an album, then you would put out a single or two before the album.

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7773 on: May 29, 2020, 06:09:58 PM »

What do you think, the singles will be leaks that we have heard or brand new songs? beer

Rizzo160
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7774 on: May 30, 2020, 03:59:26 AM »

If the band are about creativity, self expression and legacy why not release an album now then spend the next 6 plus months working on additional music and releasing a 2nd album when touring is allowed again? Axl apparently has 3 plus albums in the vault and with the work ethic Slash and Duff have there is no logical reason they could not do this.

Unless it's all about marketing, fame and money. But then this is a band that noted 'Freedom through musical integrity' but now sell dinky toy trucks and children's books so it certainly feels like the fire to create and release music is at the very least diminished.

Everything isn't as black or white as you describe. It's not always "either you do what I want or you do something horribly wrong".

Maybe they're using this downtime to work on new material but still don't wanna release what they have, until they have an idea of when they can play the music live, while still putting out new merchandise?

If they put out new music yesterday some would be saying GN'R are just using the pandemic for their own benefit and not thinking about their fans. Making them buy new music in times when people don't have money... I'm only half joking about the fact that some people like to post their honest objective opinion about everything.

Edited to add: You forgot to mention the t-shrts they sold where profits went to charity. I also doubt the band wrote the children's picture book. That's probably more of a licensing thing where the book is licensed to use the song's lyrics. Just like when a movie uses a song.

/jarmo

Same old song and dance Jarmo. All these 'what if's' apply only to this band. Everyone else just finds a way don't they??? The perpetual excuse making induces eye rolls and not to be taken as a credible alternate view anymore. How many former and current band members have expressed frustration in Axl's inability to release music over the years?? Were Slash, Duff, Bumble, Buckethead , multiple producers etc all lying that the problem was Axl?

Credibility is created by results, something this band has utterly failed at since the early 90's (As a credible creative entity and group of artists, no matter how many incarnations and millions of dollars were thrown at it). There really is no counter point to that.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 04:15:20 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7775 on: May 30, 2020, 06:07:37 AM »

There you go.

You post about "why not do this, and then do that". I explain a possible why not. Now you realize GN'R isn't in the business of doing things your way. So what it comes down to is your frustration that they don't do the things you want when you want them done...

If your idea of credibility is the volume of releases released in a certain time frame, good for you. I could say something about how there's credibility in not doing things everyone else is, and only releasing music when you want to. And that's a certain kind of artistic credibility. But that goes against what you said, so you won't like that...  Lips Sealed

/jarmo

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #7776 on: May 30, 2020, 06:30:27 AM »

There you go.

You post about "why not do this, and then do that". I explain a possible why not. Now you realize GN'R isn't in the business of doing things your way. So what it comes down to is your frustration that they don't do the things you want when you want them done...

If your idea of credibility is the volume of releases released in a certain time frame, good for you. I could say something about how there's credibility in not doing things everyone else is, and only releasing music when you want to. And that's a certain kind of artistic credibility. But that goes against what you said, so you won't like that...  Lips Sealed

/jarmo

i can agree with you on a certain degree. But 1 album in 17 years is not ‘not doing things every one else is’ ...it’s just doing nothing. Plus you never know what’s going on... mainly because nothing is going on, even when u have some hints from the right people. Personally i don’t need many news, 30 songs every year ... but ... cmon, a little bit of professionalism ...Look at the last videos thing...they picked randomly and it’s seems over already
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7777 on: May 30, 2020, 07:15:11 AM »

There you go.

Not MY idea of credibility Jarmo…..everyone but yours

Ask the general public if they view Axl and GNR as a credible creative musical entity

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7778 on: May 30, 2020, 07:44:49 AM »

Ask the general public if they view Axl and GNR as a credible creative musical entity

I clearly pointed out that there are different ways of seeing it.

You posted the "Freedom through musical integrity" phrase that was on a t-shirt back in the day.

Is musical integrity to do what others expect, or to do what you want to? Is musical integrity to do what you want, or to do what they want?

I just think it's as simple as musical integrity and credibility equal the volume of releases....

But 1 album in 17 years is not ‘not doing things every one else is’ ...it’s just doing nothing. Plus you never know what’s going on... mainly because nothing is going on, even when u have some hints from the right people. Personally i don’t need many news, 30 songs every year ... but ... cmon, a little bit of professionalism ...Look at the last videos thing...they picked randomly and it’s seems over already

GN'R is GN'R. Some are posting the "GN'R isn't this or isn't that" because GN'R doesn't fit the mold of what they are supposed to do according to whatever the standard is. No, GN'R isn't like Metallica, or Pearl Jam or some other band you like. Thank God for that.

Good thing you're not a fan of Sisters Of Mercy....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 10:26:48 AM by jarmo » Logged

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #7779 on: May 30, 2020, 02:06:05 PM »

I clearly pointed out that there are different ways of seeing it.

You posted the "Freedom through musical integrity" phrase that was on a t-shirt back in the day.

Is musical integrity to do what others expect, or to do what you want to? Is musical integrity to do what you want, or to do what they want?

I just think it's as simple as musical integrity and credibility equal the volume of releases....

But 1 album in 17 years is not ‘not doing things every one else is’ ...it’s just doing nothing. Plus you never know what’s going on... mainly because nothing is going on, even when u have some hints from the right people. Personally i don’t need many news, 30 songs every year ... but ... cmon, a little bit of professionalism ...Look at the last videos thing...they picked randomly and it’s seems over already

GN'R is GN'R. Some are posting the "GN'R isn't this or isn't that" because GN'R doesn't fit the mold of what they are supposed to do according to whatever the standard is. No, GN'R isn't like Metallica, or Pearl Jam or some other band you like. Thank God for that.

Good thing you're not a fan of Sisters Of Mercy....

/jarmo

Come off it GnR are not a band in the conventional sense they are primarily controlled by Axl  they have put out one album of original material in 29 years.,I'm sure Slash and Duff are pulling their hair out as they probably expected to be putting out new music after the initial run of the reunion tour instead of doing this ongoing nostalgia tour that shows no signs of ending. Hopefully with this down time Axl gets to rethink what way the band should move forward as it's just getting tiresome .
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: