Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:03:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1548813 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7880 on: June 28, 2020, 02:37:13 PM »

I tried to tell everyone the last time he mentioned recording that it didn't necessarily mean they were in the studio tracking an album...

Yeah, it does sound like we're very very far away from anything when the words 'demo' and 'jamming' are thrown around.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7881 on: June 28, 2020, 04:21:44 PM »

Yeah, it does sound like we're very very far away from anything when the words 'demo' and 'jamming' are thrown around.

Sure. If you assume they haven't done anything until now. Or that the things they have done previously have now been discarded.

On the other hand, maybe they're just taking advantage of this down time from touring.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7882 on: June 28, 2020, 04:54:57 PM »

Sure. If you assume they haven't done anything until now. Or that the things they have done previously have now been discarded.

On the other hand, maybe they're just taking advantage of this down time from touring.

/jarmo

True- I'm being cynical. But I've also learned not to get too excited about things unless they're confirmed in an official capacity.

I remain hopeful.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7883 on: June 28, 2020, 05:55:32 PM »

They're working on stuff. That's good enough.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7884 on: June 28, 2020, 07:10:01 PM »

Do you think Jarmo that GNR will release an album in November, when the tour starts. beer

Rizzo160
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7885 on: June 29, 2020, 05:43:17 AM »

Do you think Jarmo that GNR will release an album in November, when the tour starts. beer

November 23, like 3 of their 4 latest releases. Keep up the tradition!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7886 on: June 29, 2020, 09:36:24 AM »

I still believe something could be released this year.

It all depends on whether or not the new music would be released in time for a major tour, or not.

For example, if the major touring is planned for 2021, maybe it makes sense to release an album then. But that doesn't mean they couldn't release something in 2020 as well. Kinda like what they did in 1990 and 1991....

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7887 on: June 29, 2020, 10:32:59 AM »

It all depends on whether or not the new music would be released in time for a major tour, or not.

For example, if the major touring is planned for 2021, maybe it makes sense to release an album then. But that doesn't mean they couldn't release something in 2020 as well. Kinda like what they did in 1990 and 1991....

/jarmo

What about if touring resumes in 2021 and nothing comes then though? That risks seriously alienating so much of the fanbase, based on some of the comments we've been hearing about new material in relation to the coronavirus. The backlash will be massive if nothing comes now and the tour turns into an extension of NITL in all but name.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7888 on: June 29, 2020, 11:49:00 AM »

/jarmo

What about if touring resumes in 2021 and nothing comes then though? That risks seriously alienating so much of the fanbase, based on some of the comments we've been hearing about new material in relation to the coronavirus. The backlash will be massive if nothing comes now and the tour turns into an extension of NITL in all but name.

That risks seriously alienating so much of the fanbase

Translation: That risks seriously pissing us (the messageboard posters) off.

People who attend concerts go for the concert.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7889 on: June 29, 2020, 12:06:52 PM »

You're assuming all fans are the same.

I mean, in case you haven't noticed already, we're not all the same because we like the same band.

True, most of us would love some new music from our favorite band.

But many fans aren't exactly gonna act out if they don't release new music in a fashion that fits these fans' timetables. Others will get upset.
Then there's those who'll get upset about something no matter what. If it's not new music, it's the set list, or the length of a tour or whatever.

And then all the rest who just go to concerts to hear the songs they love and don't spend a lot of time thinking about new music, or what's posted on the Internet... Smiley

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7890 on: June 29, 2020, 12:42:55 PM »

I mean, in case you haven't noticed already, we're not all the same because we like the same band.

But many fans aren't exactly gonna act out if they don't release new music in a fashion that fits these fans' timetables. Others will get upset.
Then there's those who'll get upset about something no matter what. If it's not new music, it's the set list, or the length of a tour or whatever.

And then all the rest who just go to concerts to hear the songs they love and don't spend a lot of time thinking about new music, or what's posted on the Internet... Smiley

/jarmo

I'm of the view though that the latter have (for want of a better term) 'scratched the GNR itch' or 'ticked the GNR box' now. I can't see too many people paying to see the same show a third or fourth time really.

I don't know - I just feel like this is a very pivotal time for the band now. I hope they run with things!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7891 on: June 29, 2020, 02:44:41 PM »

I'm of the view though that the latter have (for want of a better term) 'scratched the GNR itch' or 'ticked the GNR box' now. I can't see too many people paying to see the same show a third or fourth time really.

"The same show"?

Either you're assuming that the show will stay the same until they release new music (and that will have a drastic effect on it), and/or you assume the band are incapable of changing the show.

/jarmo

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7892 on: June 29, 2020, 02:56:24 PM »

/jarmo

I don't know - I just feel like this is a very pivotal time for the band now. I hope they run with things!

I think they'd be fine either way. But they did say the last tour was over, and there is alot pointing to a new tour in support of another album.

I wouldn't go worrying yourself too much. If nothing else, the lockdown will bring forth more new material than ever. There are really no negatives, apart from having to wait
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 03:00:32 PM by Mysteron » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7893 on: June 29, 2020, 03:05:14 PM »

"The same show"?

Either you're assuming that the show will stay the same until they release new music (and that will have a drastic effect on it), and/or you assume the band are incapable of changing the show.

/jarmo

I am kind of assuming the show will stay the same yeah, mainly because of the one show in Mexico they DID do (which was broadly the same as NITL).

Time will tell on that one though I guess. I'm hopeful. 

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7894 on: June 29, 2020, 03:06:10 PM »

/jarmo

I think they'd be fine either way. But they did say the last tour was over, and there is alot pointing to a new tour in support of another album.

I wouldn't go worrying yourself too much. If nothing else, the lockdown will bring forth more new material than ever. There are really no negatives, apart from having to wait

That's my main point really - if nothing at all changes after this, it's not going to sit well with a lot of people.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7895 on: June 29, 2020, 05:58:00 PM »

I am kind of assuming the show will stay the same yeah, mainly because of the one show in Mexico they DID do (which was broadly the same as NITL).

So a show on one leg of the tour, that turned out to be the only show, is what you base your assumption on.

Ok....

Oddly enough, that show doesn't represent what the rest of that tour was supposed to be like..... 

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7896 on: June 29, 2020, 06:21:45 PM »

So a show on one leg of the tour, that turned out to be the only show, is what you base your assumption on.

Ok....

Oddly enough, that show doesn't represent what the rest of that tour was supposed to be like..... 

/jarmo

Yep, it really is just that.

I mean I'd like to hope it doesn't represent what the rest of the tour was supposed to be like for sure.

But on the other hand, I did book my tickets for the tour fully expecting it to be the same setlist as NITL, and that any difference would be a happy bonus. I understand though that people had other expectations.....perhaps as a result they may be disappointed? What happens if the setlist remains the same  and new material isn't featured?

That's my point here. It seems to be becoming taken for granted that both those things (new setlist and new music) are happening, and might it not be better to think they're not.....then possibly be pleasantly surprised?

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7897 on: June 29, 2020, 09:26:12 PM »

Summer of 2021, I'll be sitting at MetLife Stadium watching my favorite all time band play for the 7th time with a beer in my hand. As this year has proven anything can happen in life. No one would have thought that a pandemic would happen and stop life as we know it. Beginning of this year, I had 4 concerts to go to this summer. Rather than going to those concerts, I'll be heading for hernia surgery. It'll be my 19th surgery in my lifetime since I was born with  a disability.

Point is rather than complaining whether GNR comes out with a new album, enjoy it next year when they are on tour. You never know what can happen to them or yourself at any given time.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7898 on: June 29, 2020, 09:29:38 PM »

I hope they release a new album this year or next, in that GNR members are all getting older. Nothing last forever, especially time wasted. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7899 on: June 30, 2020, 06:28:27 AM »

I mean I'd like to hope it doesn't represent what the rest of the tour was supposed to be like for sure.

But on the other hand, I did book my tickets for the tour fully expecting it to be the same setlist as NITL, and that any difference would be a happy bonus. I understand though that people had other expectations.....perhaps as a result they may be disappointed? What happens if the setlist remains the same  and new material isn't featured?

That's my point here. It seems to be becoming taken for granted that both those things (new setlist and new music) are happening, and might it not be better to think they're not.....then possibly be pleasantly surprised?

If you wanna use the Mexico City show as some kind of guideline on what a show in July 2020 would have looked like, compared to July 2016, you would've noticed some differences already. Slither, You're Crazy, Dead Horse and So Fine were not played on the 2016 or 2017 tours.

Four different songs.

Now, the new music...... I could be wrong, but some seem to assume that once there's new music out, the set list will suddenly be filled with new song titles. Is that a reasonable assumption?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: