Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:22:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549072 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7900 on: June 30, 2020, 06:42:57 AM »

Now, the new music...... I could be wrong, but some seem to assume that once there's new music out, the set list will suddenly be filled with new song titles. Is that a reasonable assumption?

Hard to say, but when they first toured after the CD release, there was a considerable amount of new songs.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7901 on: June 30, 2020, 07:18:31 AM »

I mean I'd like to hope it doesn't represent what the rest of the tour was supposed to be like for sure.

But on the other hand, I did book my tickets for the tour fully expecting it to be the same setlist as NITL, and that any difference would be a happy bonus. I understand though that people had other expectations.....perhaps as a result they may be disappointed? What happens if the setlist remains the same  and new material isn't featured?

That's my point here. It seems to be becoming taken for granted that both those things (new setlist and new music) are happening, and might it not be better to think they're not.....then possibly be pleasantly surprised?

If you wanna use the Mexico City show as some kind of guideline on what a show in July 2020 would have looked like, compared to July 2016, you would've noticed some differences already. Slither, You're Crazy, Dead Horse and So Fine were not played on the 2016 or 2017 tours.

Four different songs.

Now, the new music...... I could be wrong, but some seem to assume that once there's new music out, the set list will suddenly be filled with new song titles. Is that a reasonable assumption?

/jarmo

Who knows? If a new album was released I'd imagine at least 3 or 4 of those songs to feature in the setlist. That would probably be my assumption.

Do you see what I'm getting at though? People now seem to totally expect any dates to feature a completely revamped setlist and/or brand new material. I'm not sure that's going to happen.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7902 on: June 30, 2020, 07:56:29 AM »

Hard to say, but when they first toured after the CD release, there was a considerable amount of new songs.

Yes there was.

And it was one of those things were the hardcore fans loved it and others were like "they played too many songs I didn't know"....

Who knows? If a new album was released I'd imagine at least 3 or 4 of those songs to feature in the setlist. That would probably be my assumption.

Do you see what I'm getting at though? People now seem to totally expect any dates to feature a completely revamped setlist and/or brand new material. I'm not sure that's going to happen.

That seems to be almost like a standard. If you go see a concert, they band will probably play around that number of songs from the latest album.

Also, not many bands I've seen play as many songs as GN'R.

All I know is that if the tour had gone along this summer, it wouldn't have been the same setlist as you might have seen in 2016, 2017 etc....There would have been surprises.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7903 on: June 30, 2020, 10:01:19 AM »

/jarmo

IF a new album came out, I would expect somewhere between 1 and 3 new songs were added to the setlist....which, of course, means 1 to 3 songs come OFF the setlist. 

I would not want to be the one making the decision as to what gets swapped out.  For ME, the core NITL setlist is pretty much perfect. Other people's mileage may vary.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7904 on: June 30, 2020, 10:11:56 AM »

Yes there was.

And it was one of those things were the hardcore fans loved it and others were like "they played too many songs I didn't know"....

That seems to be almost like a standard. If you go see a concert, they band will probably play around that number of songs from the latest album.

Also, not many bands I've seen play as many songs as GN'R.

All I know is that if the tour had gone along this summer, it wouldn't have been the same setlist as you might have seen in 2016, 2017 etc....There would have been surprises.

/jarmo

I think so too. Personally I'm one of those people who would ALWAYS rather see a band or musician play their latest stuff, even if I don't like their latest stuff as much as some of the 'classics'. Lots of people would rather a band played no new stuff though (just as lots of people I'm sure would rather there was no CD stuff) but, whatever. I like it when musicians stand by their new stuff. can't go back in time.

Well, that's cool then! Looking forward to seeing what happens when/if things resume. With every day that goes past I feel a little more sad about the way certain countries (including my own) are making recovery harder and pushing it further away, so who knows how long it might be.....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7905 on: June 30, 2020, 10:22:32 AM »

Hardcore fans: More new songs, more deep cuts, longer shows
Average concert goer: The hits, shorter shows

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7906 on: June 30, 2020, 10:32:46 AM »

/jarmo

Yep, that's it. Always a balancing act.

I have to say, I think the NITL setlist did actually manage it pretty well. A solid selection, covering all bases. It did amaze me though quite how few songs most of the 'average' fans knew.

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #7907 on: June 30, 2020, 11:48:46 AM »

When a new album comes out I think they can play more than 3 new songs, I would expect (like) atleast 5 new songs they can ditch a couple of CD songs, slither and the covers to make room!  smoking beer
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #7908 on: June 30, 2020, 01:57:20 PM »

When a new album comes out I think they can play more than 3 new songs, I would expect (like) atleast 5 new songs they can ditch a couple of CD songs, slither and the covers to make room!  smoking beer

I wouldn't hold my breath on the covers... These guys are music fans first, they play what they enjoy playing. They have been playing covers since the mid 80's and haven't stopped ever.

My assumption is that we will possibly also get something from a 30 year UYI release similar to Shadow being released as a single and played live.
Walapino
VIP

« Reply #7909 on: June 30, 2020, 02:47:21 PM »

I wouldn't hold my breath on the covers... These guys are music fans first, they play what they enjoy playing. They have been playing covers since the mid 80's and haven't stopped ever.

My assumption is that we will possibly also get something from a 30 year UYI release similar to Shadow being released as a single and played live.

Yes I know, its wishfull thinking
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #7910 on: June 30, 2020, 04:28:28 PM »

I wish they would take a look at the polls recently conducted. I recall it showed songs like Live and Let Die and KOHD as not fan favourites any more. I enjoy some of the covers. Do we need 8 or 9 per show.? I'm not so sure. Another debate I know... Sorry! On the whole tho pretty happy with the setlists of late.
Walapino
VIP

« Reply #7911 on: June 30, 2020, 05:46:18 PM »

I wish they would take a look at the polls recently conducted. I recall it showed songs like Live and Let Die and KOHD as not fan favourites any more. I enjoy some of the covers. Do we need 8 or 9 per show.? I'm not so sure. Another debate I know... Sorry! On the whole tho pretty happy with the setlists of late.

Yes thats true, however I dont consider KOHD and LALD as "covers" per se as they are in GNR albums... I was more talking about BHS, Seeker, Wichita, etc they could drop some of those covers and make room for new tracks on the next tour... they dont need to play 4 or 5 CD songs they can do ok with a couple.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7912 on: June 30, 2020, 06:06:21 PM »

If that's the case, we could potentially see a revamped Crash Diet, Just Another Sunday or Ain't Going Down. All three songs were part of the UYI session.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7913 on: June 30, 2020, 06:34:58 PM »

I was more talking about BHS, Seeker, Wichita, etc they could drop some of those covers and make room for new tracks on the next tour...

None of them were played in Mexico City in March, only The Seeker was played in Miami in January.

/jarmo

Tmac2020
Opening Act

« Reply #7914 on: June 30, 2020, 08:40:04 PM »

Just my thoughts but I think we are gonna get a double album
Slash said he was working with Axl
Also Duff - no mention of Frank or Richard

Imo I think we get new songs on 1 album
And the second 1 will be Slash putting his touches on some old cd Songs Axl has leftover

It’s great to dream
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7915 on: June 30, 2020, 09:01:41 PM »

Just my thoughts but I think we are gonna get a double album
Slash said he was working with Axl
Also Duff - no mention of Frank or Richard

Imo I think we get new songs on 1 album
And the second 1 will be Slash putting his touches on some old cd Songs Axl has leftover

It’s great to dream

That would  be amazing and there really is no excuse for GNR not to have 2 albums in the can ready to go by the time touring is available again.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7916 on: June 30, 2020, 09:19:21 PM »

I hope they have new music in that they have had plenty of time to create new music. Time will tell, hope for the best. beer

Rizzo160
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7917 on: June 30, 2020, 09:53:56 PM »

Not inaccurate, right here.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7918 on: July 01, 2020, 10:11:06 AM »

That would  be amazing and there really is no excuse for GNR not to have 2 albums in the can ready to go by the time touring is available again.

Why only two? Aim higher. Come on, all this time you've been asking for one album, now it's two just so you can feel let down if only one is released.

LOL.

Feels like deja vu.....

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #7919 on: July 01, 2020, 11:14:30 AM »

Why only two? Aim higher. Come on, all this time you've been asking for one album, now it's two just so you can feel let down if only one is released.

LOL.

Feels like deja vu.....

/jarmo

Two is very possible.  Twins run in the family.  Yes, it does feels like deja vu.  Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: