Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:10:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1548887 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7960 on: July 04, 2020, 06:12:20 AM »

Ha. I Know what I would do... But that is irrelevant

Both have their own pros and cons...

Before: The fans have more time to get familiar with the new music
Just before/during tour: GN'R would have something new and fresh out when on tour.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7961 on: July 04, 2020, 04:40:59 PM »

Wouldn’t Guns have something new and fresh to play on any upcoming tour even if they release an album this year, assuming of course shows are not going ahead until next year?

ETA - we know that anywhere between 30and 50% of the concert folk are there to hear the ‘hits’. Assuming Guns have some belters up their sleeve for the new record (which I’m sure of), wouldn’t it make sense to get the record out sooner rather than later to accustomise the fans to the new tracks?

« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 04:52:24 PM by Stardust » Logged

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7962 on: July 11, 2020, 06:09:52 PM »

I don't think we will hear new music this year in that all of the tour will get cancelled.  I feel that next year will be a better bet in that touring will resume.  See what happens... beer

Rizzo160
Tmac2020
Opening Act

« Reply #7963 on: July 11, 2020, 08:24:08 PM »

1- Does anyone think the reason for no album is Axl wanting old songs with his voice from 20 years ago recorded
With Slash and Duff putting their touches on them ?
2- Is it a Geffen or interscope issue ?
3- Behind the scenes has Axl became the control freak again - Looks that way
4- Is Frank good enough to record the material - Maybe Slash and Duff are wanting another Drummer — Fitzy- Adler - Sorum - Cluetos - Shane Gaalass
5- No way should Richard record a solo for a song - it’s Slash’s baby - that may be a reason - Slash on all guitars

Or the age old question - can Axl write anymore ?
We know Slash can - ball is in Axl Court
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #7964 on: July 12, 2020, 09:04:38 AM »

1- Does anyone think the reason for no album is Axl wanting old songs with his voice from 20 years ago recorded
4- Is Frank good enough to record the material - Maybe Slash and Duff are wanting another Drummer — Fitzy- Adler - Sorum - Cluetos - Shane Gaalass
5- No way should Richard record a solo for a song - it’s Slash’s baby - that may be a reason - Slash on all guitars

wait for Jarmo to see your post and prepare to be banned from this forum
 hihi rofl

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7965 on: July 12, 2020, 12:02:15 PM »

1 - What? The reason for no new album is because Axl wants to use songs that weren't' released already and add Duff and Slash to those songs? How is that the reason?
2 - No one knows
3 - Says who and what evidence is there of this behind the scenes stuff?
4 - Frank was on Chinese Democracy. Poor Ringo. You didn't mention him.
5 - Why not? It's a GN'R record.
6 - Yes he can.

7 - Keep waiting.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Tmac2020
Opening Act

« Reply #7966 on: July 14, 2020, 08:58:43 PM »

Thank you for the answers
Jarmo

I’m eagerly awaiting like everyone else

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7967 on: July 15, 2020, 06:28:30 AM »

As everyone knows, this pandemic changed everything.

We know there was gonna be (at least) three legs of a tour this year. So let's say the band wanted to release music they had worked on, before the tour, during this tour.

Well, the tours didn't happen as planned. But instead, it offered them time to stay at home and possibly work more on new music (which is what Slash hinted at in his latest interview).

Who knows what it could be. Maybe it's songs that weren't considered for release, maybe it's something completely new.... Whatever it is, it'll be interesting to hear. Smiley

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7968 on: July 15, 2020, 08:51:29 PM »

Jarmo do you think there will be new music later this year or next year  beer?

Rizzo160
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #7969 on: July 16, 2020, 09:48:49 AM »

1,2 and 3 could have some merit behind them ,Ok the band have been touring on and off for the last few years however Slash and Duff found time to tour and release new solo albums so I don't know why GnR can't do the same,now is definitely the time to do it if they got it out by November/December when sales are at their peak that would be ideal , the way things are going there may not be big tours next year a lot of bands have rescheduled their tours in the hope they can get back on the road but it's definitely by no means a given.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7970 on: July 16, 2020, 10:13:59 AM »

Jarmo do you think there will be new music later this year or next year  beer?

Yes.

I don't believe that they are working on material with the intent of not releasing anything.

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7971 on: July 16, 2020, 03:18:15 PM »

I hope, if nothing else, they are taking this time to refine the songs to be better than they would have been. But also, not particularly hopeful, seeing as Slash doesn't spend time on his material and in all the years between CD leaks and the album release, very little structurally changed in the songs over those years.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7972 on: July 16, 2020, 05:23:17 PM »

I hope, if nothing else, they are taking this time to refine the songs to be better than they would have been. But also, not particularly hopeful, seeing as Slash doesn't spend time on his material and in all the years between CD leaks and the album release, very little structurally changed in the songs over those years.

In that vein, they could write and record brand new songs - I hope for not only the one new album in the next few years. I hope they intend to compensate for the prolonged period of sparse productivity.

If they have a set of songs already recorded, I think in many cases, tinkering might make them less good than originally. There's this theory that if one spends a long time working on something, any tweak down the line might sound good to the artist, but in reality it's because it's different, rather than better.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7973 on: July 16, 2020, 07:08:45 PM »

It's been almost12 years since we heard new music, hopefully they get their acts together and put something out in the forseable future. beer

Rizzo160
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7974 on: July 16, 2020, 09:45:00 PM »

In that vein, they could write and record brand new songs - I hope for not only the one new album in the next few years. I hope they intend to compensate for the prolonged period of sparse productivity.

If they have a set of songs already recorded, I think in many cases, tinkering might make them less good than originally. There's this theory that if one spends a long time working on something, any tweak down the line might sound good to the artist, but in reality it's because it's different, rather than better.

I prefer quality over quantity. Whether more time is better or worse, it depends, I suppose. Artists that are really inspired can write a great song in one sitting. But even with how fast AFD came together, you hear some noticeable improvements from the early demos to the final versions. Rocket queen is a great example. The whole outro changed and improved it immeasurably. They were clearly tinkering the hell out of those songs in the few years leading up. I think Slash could get away with not spending much time writing for much of his career because he was just such a genius at writing riffs and it all came to him naturally. However, IMO, around Apocalyptic Love, he started losing inspiration and there have been many songs I felt could have been better if he spent more time on them. Funny enough, one of my favorites from that album was No More Heroes, which Slash has said the producer pushed him to keep working on and rearranging. His newest album Living the Dream honestly has very little I find interesting. All the riffs just sound like he was noodling around and went "yeah, sure, good enough". So I do hope Axl will force him to put more time into writing.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7975 on: July 16, 2020, 11:29:56 PM »

I prefer quality over quantity. Whether more time is better or worse, it depends, I suppose. Artists that are really inspired can write a great song in one sitting. But even with how fast AFD came together, you hear some noticeable improvements from the early demos to the final versions. Rocket queen is a great example. The whole outro changed and improved it immeasurably. They were clearly tinkering the hell out of those songs in the few years leading up. I think Slash could get away with not spending much time writing for much of his career because he was just such a genius at writing riffs and it all came to him naturally. However, IMO, around Apocalyptic Love, he started losing inspiration and there have been many songs I felt could have been better if he spent more time on them. Funny enough, one of my favorites from that album was No More Heroes, which Slash has said the producer pushed him to keep working on and rearranging. His newest album Living the Dream honestly has very little I find interesting. All the riffs just sound like he was noodling around and went "yeah, sure, good enough". So I do hope Axl will force him to put more time into writing.

Neither do I prefer quantity over quality, I’m just saying that enough time has passed (imo) that it’s reasonable to believe that there is quality material for more than just the one album. Of course, factors like creativity and inspiration will play a part in that being the reality, but I have good faith in the musical relationship of the band, and Axl and Slash especially.

I don’t necessarily think there’s a case of Axl needing to ‘force’ Slash into writing interesting stuff. Currently, I think (hope) Slash is sitting on basic song ideas and demos from Axl that sparks his inspiration for better riffs and solos in a more organic way. The other way around as well, Axl has proved to be a master in taking riffs and chord progressions from different sources — rearranging them together into one, better song. Being the ‘riff machine’ that Slash is, Axl should have plenty of quality source material to work with.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7976 on: July 17, 2020, 03:01:56 AM »

I’d be happy with a single album, a double or, dare I say it, even a triple album. Just want to hear some new official music so badly from Guns  drool

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #7977 on: July 17, 2020, 12:34:27 PM »

I’d be happy with a single album, a double or, dare I say it, even a triple album. Just want to hear some new official music so badly from Guns  drool

I still think the idea of an "album" is becoming outdated. I get that genres are different, but pop artists these days are tending to release songs every few months, then an LP length special release containing all of them will follow. It tends to just be constant single releases, which is huge for streaming and keeps them front an center longer because there isn't a single lump release to "flame out"

The 30th anniversary boxes can be packaging masterpieces... but for new music, just release it.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7978 on: July 17, 2020, 04:40:17 PM »

I still think the idea of an "album" is becoming outdated. I get that genres are different, but pop artists these days are tending to release songs every few months, then an LP length special release containing all of them will follow. It tends to just be constant single releases, which is huge for streaming and keeps them front an center longer because there isn't a single lump release to "flame out"

I love this idea and I suspect it will appeal to the band. What they waiting for???  hihi

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7979 on: July 18, 2020, 11:51:24 AM »

Wonder when we will get a proper update about the album, if it is coming out this year or next year beer?

Rizzo160
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: