Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:10:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1548856 times)
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #8000 on: July 27, 2020, 07:47:56 AM »

"When you look at the history of coronaviruses, the common coronaviruses that cause the common cold, the reports in the literature are that the durability of immunity that is protective ranges from three to six months to almost always less than a year," Dr. Fauci said in an interview with JAMA Editor Howard Bauchner.

"That's not a lot of durability and protection," Fauci said.

And although it's too soon to say how long a COVID-19 vaccine might protect you, an executive at AstraZeneca, one of the companies working to develop an effective vaccine, told a radio station that he thinks his vaccine might only offer protection for one year.

This means that if we get a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine, it might not offer lifelong protection. Vaccine experts told ABC News it's still too early to know for sure.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/covid-19-vaccine-dont-expect-cure-scientists/story?id=71333281
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8001 on: July 27, 2020, 09:00:29 AM »

"When you look at the history of coronaviruses, the common coronaviruses that cause the common cold, the reports in the literature are that the durability of immunity that is protective ranges from three to six months to almost always less than a year," Dr. Fauci said in an interview with JAMA Editor Howard Bauchner.

"That's not a lot of durability and protection," Fauci said.

And although it's too soon to say how long a COVID-19 vaccine might protect you, an executive at AstraZeneca, one of the companies working to develop an effective vaccine, told a radio station that he thinks his vaccine might only offer protection for one year.

This means that if we get a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine, it might not offer lifelong protection. Vaccine experts told ABC News it's still too early to know for sure.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/covid-19-vaccine-dont-expect-cure-scientists/story?id=71333281

So, I'm talking from a position where I'm actively involved in the process and analyzing the data from the trials as part of this process. And a LOT of information has come out about the vaccine candidates in the last month (including effectiveness and longevity thoughts). My part started about 6 weeks ago, and, for the record, I'm not a clinician. Having said that...I'm conveying what we know (and has been shared with the public already...some of it has been in the news, some of it published, clinically).

The current thought is that 2 doses...an initial one and one after 6 months, will protect you for a lot longer than a year.  Maybe not forever, but for a significant period. That is the current thought process.

It could absolutely change, and we'll know a lot more when we hit the next milestones in the trial. But so far COVID has not proved to be a significant mutator.  The flu vaccine, for example, requires an annual dose because it is assembled to protect against what scientists predict (and not always successfully) will be the most virulent and acute strains, because influenza is a fast and prolific mutator.  It does not yet look like COVID mutates that way....while there are some ancillary parts of the virus that have changed, it's existing predictive/central structure has stayed the same, which means the new mRNA methodology is actually more effective. By the by, some of the more recent mutations make COVID more infectious, but less acute (severe). Almost no mutations that we've seen (so far) have made it MORE acute.

Previous vaccines relied on T-cells and inherent antibody production (and involved the injection of small amounts of live but inactive virus) to protect you. You got the virus, and your body built up T-cells and antibodies to protect you from those strains.....for about 6 to 9 months.  After that, antibody levels dissipated.

The Covid-19 vaccines...most of the ones in trial, I should say...handle it differently.  They use mRNA methodology, which essentially encodes the basic genetic information of the virus into you, and tells your body how to respond to it. It doesn't need to be constantly "refreshed" because that programming stays with you for...well, the thought is quite awhile. The hope is for a decade or so.  It's basically the difference between giving someone food, and teaching someone to grow food.  Thats all a little oversimplified, but this is probably not the place to get into an in depth technical explanation.

Here's more information:
https://www.pfizer.com/news/hot-topics/get_the_facts_on_our_covid_19_vaccine_candidates
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 09:14:48 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #8002 on: July 27, 2020, 09:07:59 AM »

Yes, we all agree that big concerts, as we knew them before Covid-19, are unlikely to return any time soon.

Maybe by next summer?  A lot will depend on:
a) if the current vaccine clinical trials actually produce a vaccine candidate
b) if they are able to then produce enough doses to vaccinate a majority of the population
c) if they are then able to distribute those doses to the far corners of the earth
d) if they can then manage getting those doses administered to the population
e) if the population decides to adopt vaccination on a fast tracked vaccine

I would say safe bet is next fall, just so the logistics can play themselves out. 

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8003 on: July 27, 2020, 11:09:14 AM »

So I'm sure you saw, Taylor Swift whipped up a whole album during lockdown/quarantine.

How was she possibly able to do this?  Doesn't she understand the current climate in the industry?  What a miracle worker she must be. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8004 on: July 27, 2020, 01:40:24 PM »

So I'm sure you saw, Taylor Swift whipped up a whole album during lockdown/quarantine.

How was she possibly able to do this?  Doesn't she understand the current climate in the industry?  What a miracle worker she must be. 

And she announced today (or maybe yesterday) that she is doing a Live Stream Concert.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8005 on: July 27, 2020, 02:34:09 PM »

"We're definitely taking some looks at different things.  It's a process.  Lot of ideas floating around."

- Slash, commenting on how things are going in the studio, circa October 2022 (probably)

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8006 on: July 27, 2020, 03:00:03 PM »

Glad you guys have found some new music to focus on.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #8007 on: July 27, 2020, 04:59:54 PM »

"We're definitely taking some looks at different things.  It's a process.  Lot of ideas floating around."

- Slash, commenting on how things are going in the studio, circa October 2022 (probably)

hihi hihi hihi
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8008 on: July 27, 2020, 05:24:24 PM »

Gnr have released all of theyr albums in second half of the year. September and November.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8009 on: July 27, 2020, 07:32:00 PM »

If we are lucky we will get an album next year beer

Rizzo160
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8010 on: July 28, 2020, 12:34:41 AM »

Insert ** But she's not Guns N' Roses, this is the first album Axl, Slash, and Duff have done since the 90's. They need to do it right, but no one knows how to do it right' Roll Eyes

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8011 on: July 28, 2020, 02:03:24 PM »

Glad you guys have found some new music to focus on.  ok

/jarmo

hihi

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8012 on: July 28, 2020, 04:09:59 PM »

Taylor Swift sucks but at least she puts out new music beer

Rizzo160
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8013 on: July 30, 2020, 07:29:06 PM »

So the tour continues in November, so who thinks it will go off as planned. Secondly if the tour does go off, will we get a new album?  A lot of unknowns, especially with covid 19 out of control in the USA.  Have a feeling the Latin America dates will get canceled which brings us to July of next year. Hopefully by then we have a vaccine beer

Rizzo160
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #8014 on: July 31, 2020, 06:29:05 AM »

So the tour continues in November, so who thinks it will go off as planned. Secondly if the tour does go off, will we get a new album?  A lot of unknowns, especially with covid 19 out of control in the USA.  Have a feeling the Latin America dates will get canceled which brings us to July of next year. Hopefully by then we have a vaccine beer

Yeah, I think the November dates are just "not yet cancelled" rather than a solid start date for the tour.

I think you get, essentially, a "redo" of the plans for THIS year....next year.

IF, somehow, the tour picks up this year, I think new music accompanies it.  IDK about an album, but SOMETHING. And then a stream of "somethings" until we get a new album.

Together again,
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8015 on: July 31, 2020, 06:29:22 AM »

I'd be very surprised if the November ones happen. And the way things are looking.... personally I'd be surprised if the summer ones happen even. Things can change though of course.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8016 on: July 31, 2020, 08:12:20 PM »

I'd be very surprised if the November ones happen. And the way things are looking.... personally I'd be surprised if the summer ones happen even. Things can change though of course.

I honestly dont think the date of November will happen in Mexico, Mérida is a municipality in red according to the scale of the Government, although there are still 3 months to go, the "new normal" measures are not working without the correct cooperation of the population.
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #8017 on: August 01, 2020, 10:19:42 AM »

So the tour continues in November, so who thinks it will go off as planned. Secondly if the tour does go off, will we get a new album?  A lot of unknowns, especially with covid 19 out of control in the USA.  Have a feeling the Latin America dates will get canceled which brings us to July of next year. Hopefully by then we have a vaccine beer

Netherlands are pretty safe but still the bigger events are pushed into 2021.
South America Tour also will be cancelled/rescheduled.

source: just me

EDIT: getting off topic (sorry)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 11:41:45 AM by GNRVahland » Logged
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8018 on: August 05, 2020, 06:58:59 PM »

Hopefully a release date will be put into plan by GNR now that all the tour dates have been rescheduled.  Looks like a spring release could happen, GNR should make this happen. Time will tell beer

Rizzo160
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8019 on: August 06, 2020, 01:49:44 PM »

Also, maybe now that concerts are not a foreseeable source of income in the near future, maybe they'll actually put their priorities into writing songs and releasing them as it is the logical answer for the question... how do I make money now ?  Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: