Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:48:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1548950 times)
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8020 on: August 06, 2020, 04:50:05 PM »

If GNR release a new album, I don't think money will be the big motivating factor. They might do it to legitimize the reunion, or because they have an artistic or even political vision. But I'm not sure album sales are gonna provide a big cash infusion at this point... at least not compared to what they raked in during NITL. Unless they've been managing their finances poorly, the big 3 should be set for life.

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #8021 on: August 07, 2020, 02:19:45 AM »

If GNR release a new album, I don't think money will be the big motivating factor. They might do it to legitimize the reunion, or because they have an artistic or even political vision. But I'm not sure album sales are gonna provide a big cash infusion at this point... at least not compared to what they raked in during NITL. Unless they've been managing their finances poorly, the big 3 should be set for life.

it’s all about the money nowadays. Even if they are ok, people around them want a Piece of the pie..now more than ever, if you think about the economy post covid
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8022 on: August 07, 2020, 10:41:47 AM »

GNR has made plenty of money the last couple of years, now its time to give the fans an album.  I think we will get one in the spring of next year, right before the tour starts beer

Rizzo160
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8023 on: August 07, 2020, 07:48:01 PM »

Jarmo, we know all the tour dates for next year. When do you think the new album will come out? beer

Rizzo160
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8024 on: August 08, 2020, 12:17:56 AM »

it’s all about the money nowadays. Even if they are ok, people around them want a Piece of the pie..now more than ever, if you think about the economy post covid

There's simply no winning with the "it's all about money" people. They got countless offers for millions of dollars to reunite throughout the years and refused every one of them. They didn't reunite until they genuinely mended their relationships ON THEIR TERMS. That the resulting tour would make money is an unavoidable fact of life. There is no scenario where the reunion didn't make lots of money. So it's a self-fulfilling conspiracy with these people.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8025 on: August 08, 2020, 01:30:26 AM »

There's simply no winning with the "it's all about money" people. They got countless offers for millions of dollars to reunite throughout the years and refused every one of them. They didn't reunite until they genuinely mended their relationships ON THEIR TERMS. That the resulting tour would make money is an unavoidable fact of life. There is no scenario where the reunion didn't make lots of money. So it's a self-fulfilling conspiracy with these people.

Money talks eventually. Slash’s divorce and his payments to ol Perla would have pushed him to needing more $$, Axls Guns playing to smaller and smaller crowds over the later years to eventually Vegas gigs would have pushed towards a reunion. Ashba/Bumble leaving of course it all made sense to reunite. $$

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8026 on: August 08, 2020, 06:26:16 AM »

Jarmo, we know all the tour dates for next year. When do you think the new album will come out? beer

Not sure. There's a quite long gap between the 2020 dates and the 2021 dates.

Yeah. The same people who now demand an album.

Yet when the band releases merch, re-issues and such, it's all about the money. How come a new album wouldn't be? Oh right, it's because it manifests the band's creative vision?

The logic seems to be as follows:
Band reunites and tours = it's all for the money
Band releases new music and tours = they're creative and productive musicians

Here's a hint: Both scenarios involve making a profit. Does anyone think Universal Music or Live Nation are in the business of not making a profit?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8027 on: August 08, 2020, 10:28:14 AM »

Not sure. There's a quite long gap between the 2020 dates and the 2021 dates.

Yeah. The same people who now demand an album.

Yet when the band releases merch, re-issues and such, it's all about the money. How come a new album wouldn't be? Oh right, it's because it manifests the band's creative vision?

The logic seems to be as follows:
Band reunites and tours = it's all for the money
Band releases new music and tours = they're creative and productive musicians

Here's a hint: Both scenarios involve making a profit. Does anyone think Universal Music or Live Nation are in the business of not making a profit?

/jarmo

I went to the university for 6 years because of interest and devotion for archaeology. Now i go to work everyday, because i need to earn money. Still i love archaeology and im happy to have that as my jobb, but the mony i earn is an important part of it. Its an important part of making a living. This is also the case with GnR.  Why shouldnt they be interestied in making money?

People who bring up this "all about the money" really just want to see it as a profit event. that there actually is no devotion or interest in touring other then the money. Sad people

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8028 on: August 08, 2020, 06:12:15 PM »

For me it wouldn't be about the money but to put out an album will further enhance GNR;s legacy. beer

Rizzo160
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8029 on: August 08, 2020, 11:47:52 PM »

Money talks eventually. Slash’s divorce and his payments to ol Perla would have pushed him to needing more $$, Axls Guns playing to smaller and smaller crowds over the later years to eventually Vegas gigs would have pushed towards a reunion. Ashba/Bumble leaving of course it all made sense to reunite. $$

Nonsense. Even if Perla got half of his assets, he would still be a multi-millionaire. There is no scenario where Slash needs money, period. His net worth is reportedly $90 Million. His guitar collection alone is nearly $2 million. SMKC successfully toured worldwide and he will always be getting royalties from Guns regardless of a reunion. Not to mention VR royalties, stuff like GuitarHero features and too many signature guitar contracts to count at this point.

As far as Axl, it's a possibility, but pure speculation in the end. And it's pretty clear at this point that Asbha, if not Bumble too, left to make room for the reunion.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8030 on: August 09, 2020, 06:32:22 AM »

For me it wouldn't be about the money but to put out an album will further enhance GNR;s legacy. beer

Of course most fans want new music. That's normal.

The point was that some of the complaints made about the band is that everything is about money, yet they want an album. Which isn't about making money even when there's a record company involved? Makes very little sense.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8031 on: August 09, 2020, 09:15:31 AM »

From 2016-2018 GNR has probably made at least 50 million dollars each, core 3.  Even if they break even on a new album they are ahead of the game. beer

Rizzo160
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8032 on: August 09, 2020, 03:46:15 PM »

I think there’s a general consensus that touring brings home much more money than a record release and maybe that is what is prompting fans to think that’s all that the band cares about, especially seeing as though not a second thought is given to re-releasing old albums. You have to admit this does suggest that new music isn’t exactly high on the band’s list of priorities
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 04:11:59 PM by Stardust » Logged

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8033 on: August 09, 2020, 04:18:24 PM »

I think there’s a general consensus that touring brings home much more money than a record release and maybe that is what is prompting fans to think that’s all that the band cares about, especially seeing as though not a second thought is given to re-releasing old albums. You have to admit this does suggest that new music isn’t exactly high on the band’s list of priorities

And once they put out new music and tour in support of it? Cheesy

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8034 on: August 09, 2020, 04:31:11 PM »

And once they put out new music and tour in support of it?

/jarmo

Then I guess everyone will be happy  peace

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8035 on: August 09, 2020, 05:20:42 PM »

Amen! beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8036 on: August 10, 2020, 06:18:38 AM »

Then I guess everyone will be happy  peace

With all that cash grabbing?  Wink

beer

/jarmo

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8037 on: August 10, 2020, 11:01:55 AM »

And once they put out new music and tour in support of it? Cheesy

/jarmo

The interesting part of the current industry dynamics is that you now release an album to support a tour vs. touring to support an album.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8038 on: August 10, 2020, 11:30:52 AM »

The interesting part of the current industry dynamics is that you now release an album to support a tour vs. touring to support an album.

Exactly.

That's the irony of the people demanding new music because touring is a "cash grab". They demand an album which in turn is a reason to tour which is how you make money.....

No matter how many new songs are added to the set list, chances are the tour will generate income for someone. ok

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8039 on: August 10, 2020, 04:27:43 PM »

I think ultimately a lot of fans are miffed because GNR aren’t exactly the most prolific when it comes to new music. When Guns have been touring without too many lengthy gaps between 2008 and 2020 without a single new song being released, I guess a lot of fans will jump to the conclusion that GNR is now just a touring band with no interest in releasing new albums. Factor in the fact that we know there were many tracks recorded during the Chinese sessions than were released in 2008 and no outwardly displayed desire to release said tracks and only a repeated intention to tour, then inevitably many Guns fans began to feel a little frustrated. It’s not wrong to want new music from your favourite band! Though I concede the shitposting and trolling seen online in this regard is counter-productive.

Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: