Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:39:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549318 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8040 on: August 10, 2020, 06:12:22 PM »

Yeah. Most fans would love to have new music, tomorrow. But a majority don't need to announce it on a daily basis and can appreciate other things, such as touring. Especially in a time like now.... We have no touring whatsoever.

I just don't buy the idea that new music is a magical Swiss Army knife that will fix everything. These same people will always find something that's not to their liking.... Anyone who thinks their happiness is dependent on the amount of music GN'R releases is just being very opitimisitc.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8041 on: August 10, 2020, 09:28:22 PM »

It would be nice to have new music especially since it has been almost 30 years since the core members have put out an album. beer

Rizzo160
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8042 on: August 10, 2020, 10:48:35 PM »

These same people will always find something that's not to their liking.... Anyone who thinks their happiness is dependent on the amount of music GN'R releases is just being very opitimisitc.

/jarmo

IMO new music is going to be massively polarizing. You are going to have several very strong thoughts on what gets released. People will probably be mad with at least one of the following: Too many CD era songs, not enough CD era songs, CD era songs with CD Era musicians, CD Era songs with CD era musicians removed and parts redone by Slash and Duff, etc... Then once they start touring again, it will be why did they remove song x from the setlist to play song y, but cover z is still there...

kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #8043 on: August 11, 2020, 12:48:40 AM »

These same people will always find something that's not to their liking.... Anyone who thinks their happiness is dependent on the amount of music GN'R releases is just being very opitimisitc.

/jarmo

IMO new music is going to be massively polarizing. You are going to have several very strong thoughts on what gets released. People will probably be mad with at least one of the following: Too many CD era songs, not enough CD era songs, CD era songs with CD Era musicians, CD Era songs with CD era musicians removed and parts redone by Slash and Duff, etc... Then once they start touring again, it will be why did they remove song x from the setlist to play song y, but cover z is still there...

Cover Z definitely has to go.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8044 on: August 11, 2020, 01:28:28 AM »

Cover Z definitely has to go.

But Axl nails Cover Z.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8045 on: August 11, 2020, 02:05:13 AM »

It’s not about new music being the magic unicorn that will fix all evils and create universal happiness amongst fans, though. All we’re talking about is tens of thousands of fans the world over who love the band and are crying out to buy some new music from that band. I’ve noticed a real change in attitude in many of the fan comments on Guns posts on social media of late, with the Greatest Hits announcement being the latest and most pertinent example. There is a real consensus that the fans (who will no doubt buy the re-releases being put out in any event) are getting a little fed up with the back catalogue being repackaged and released and are commenting (becoming increasingly more negative in many cases) about a lack of new music. These people aren’t online trolls, there just frustrated and exasperated.

For me personally, I am excited for a new record from my fave band.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8046 on: August 11, 2020, 06:06:22 AM »

The difference is that those fans are the vocal ones.

Then there's other fans. For example, fans who buy Greatest Hits. Which just broke 500 weeks on the Billboard chart.

And those fans are possible ticket and/or t-shirt buyers just as much as the ones complaining about no new music....

Maybe the "issue" is that some fans think everything the band releases is meant for them just because they are fans. When in reality that's not really the case.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8047 on: August 11, 2020, 08:04:27 AM »

You could have a point, but that doesn’t hide the fact that there are thousands of fans hungry for new music and the band hasn’t released anything ‘new’ for 12 years.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8048 on: August 11, 2020, 10:27:58 AM »

I don't doubt nor ignore the fact that there are fans who want new music.  Cheesy

After all these years of people needing/wanting things I've come to realize there's a group of people who will always want something else. No matter that they have.

Whether it's a reunion, new music, a tour or something else.

Nor do I deny the fact that, these comments about the need for new music, have so far resulted in zero new music been released any faster.... Wink

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 10:29:39 AM by jarmo » Logged

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8049 on: August 11, 2020, 08:02:09 PM »

Ultimately it's up to Axl and co to release new music. We can argue about wanting new music but it is rather pointless. Hopefully next year we do get a new album, in the meantime I hope they go back to streaming. beer

Rizzo160
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8050 on: August 11, 2020, 08:14:42 PM »

I don't doubt nor ignore the fact that there are fans who want new music.  Cheesy

After all these years of people needing/wanting things I've come to realize there's a group of people who will always want something else. No matter that they have.

Nor do I deny the fact that, these comments about the need for new music, have so far resulted in zero new music been released any faster.... Wink

/jarmo

People seemed really happy though with the reunion, but I suppose now they want the next stage of things.

That's a pretty normal response isn't it? Obviously there will always be those who complain about anything, but I'd say, speaking for myself, I'm very eager now for the next chapter of the band.

That's not to say I haven't been happy with the shows I've seen of course. Just that I'm now ready for a bit of a shake up!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8051 on: August 12, 2020, 02:05:12 AM »

I don't doubt nor ignore the fact that there are fans who want new music.  Cheesy

/jarmo

Well I’m certainly not part of that group, I’m pleased and proud to be able to say. I would also add that the group you refer to is a small yet vocal minority. Trouble is, in the age of the internet and social media that we live in, the small and contentious voices get heard more than they should. It would be wrong for the band and anyone else to assume that fans wanting new music (and expressing that wish on Internet forums) is part of group of trolls who do nothing but spread bad feeling and animosity. Fans wanting to hear new music from their favourite band are not the enemy!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 02:06:52 AM by Stardust » Logged

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8052 on: August 12, 2020, 05:14:16 AM »

I don't doubt nor ignore the fact that there are fans who want new music.  Cheesy

/jarmo

Well I’m certainly not part of that group, I’m pleased and proud to be able to say. I would also add that the group you refer to is a small yet vocal minority. Trouble is, in the age of the internet and social media that we live in, the small and contentious voices get heard more than they should. It would be wrong for the band and anyone else to assume that fans wanting new music (and expressing that wish on Internet forums) is part of group of trolls who do nothing but spread bad feeling and animosity. Fans wanting to hear new music from their favourite band are not the enemy!

I'd agree with that 100%. The main issue with the internet, and social media in general, is that it amplifies the vocal, aggressive minority and makes it seem that they're the majority. It's why I won't use social media really. Most big fans I've encountered, in real life and online, genuinely just want the best for their favourite band, and care passionately. And sometimes when people care passionately they may criticize things, but I really do think it comes from caring, in most cases. They also praise highly too.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8053 on: August 12, 2020, 06:04:46 AM »

Oh yes. There's always been these vocal minorities who yell the loudest.

Exactly. A majority of fans will love to have new music. They just don't have to post about it on a daily/weekly basis.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8054 on: August 12, 2020, 11:22:25 AM »

This is a legacy band.  They tour behind the material that made them famous and make a lot of money doing it.  This is not a bad thing.  The shows are as professional as any time at any point of the careers.  They seem to be having a legit good time on stage in each other's company, I'd argue, for the first time ever.

The band is respected again.  That's due to doing all this with the correct people most rational people recognize as "Guns N' Roses".  We no longer have to pretend that that the DJ Ashbas and Ron Thals of the world are at all worthy to be part of the operation.

We went through some dark god damn times staying with this band, gang.  We aren't in that space any longer.  To which I say...good.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8055 on: August 13, 2020, 02:20:38 AM »

/jarmo

I'd agree with that 100%. The main issue with the internet, and social media in general, is that it amplifies the vocal, aggressive minority and makes it seem that they're the majority. It's why I won't use social media really. Most big fans I've encountered, in real life and online, genuinely just want the best for their favourite band, and care passionately. And sometimes when people care passionately they may criticize things, but I really do think it comes from caring, in most cases. They also praise highly too.

Absolutely. The vast majority of Guns fans (including those who visit online forums) love GNR and are respectful towards the band. They are genuinely excited about and hopeful for a new release. Look how well the Greatest Hits vinyl is selling for instance. The gold splatter version is sold out in most online shops. Guns fans get so excited about anything new from the band. Maybe too much attention is paid to a small group of online trolls (of around maybe 30 people?) and their spew. 

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8056 on: August 13, 2020, 07:35:45 AM »

/jarmo

Absolutely. The vast majority of Guns fans (including those who visit online forums) love GNR and are respectful towards the band. They are genuinely excited about and hopeful for a new release. Look how well the Greatest Hits vinyl is selling for instance. The gold splatter version is sold out in most online shops. Guns fans get so excited about anything new from the band. Maybe too much attention is paid to a small group of online trolls (of around maybe 30 people?) and their spew. 

It's actually back in stock everywhere now, as I think they probably did that thing of being ultra-cautious until they knew how many copies they would be receiving. Anyway, if people want it, it's everywhere again now. But your point still stands of course. Most fans just love the band, and it's only a tiny vocal minority who criticize anything and everything.....and they probably do it just for the purpose of trolling.

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8057 on: August 13, 2020, 08:14:46 PM »

I wonder if we will get an update on the status of the album.  Must be close to finishing it up. beer

Rizzo160
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8058 on: August 14, 2020, 01:34:08 AM »

I usually take online rumours with a pinch of salt, but it has been suggested that the record is done. TIFWIW

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8059 on: August 14, 2020, 06:12:02 AM »

I usually take online rumours with a pinch of salt, but it has been suggested that the record is done. TIFWIW

What's the source?

Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: