Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:08:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227782 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1558449 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8160 on: October 06, 2020, 04:27:37 PM »

What are people's views on if/when they resume touring, there is still no material?

Seems the common opinion among the optimists is that there will be new music as soon as touring starts again. I can see there being a lot of anger if that doesn't happen now....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8161 on: October 06, 2020, 04:40:21 PM »

What are people's views on if/when they resume touring, there is still no material?

It is what it is.

Especially now that we have absolutely nothing going on, a tour over this current reality sounds amazing!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8162 on: October 06, 2020, 05:10:59 PM »

It is what it is.

Especially now that we have absolutely nothing going on, a tour over this current reality sounds amazing!

/jarmo

At this point live music....ANY LIVE MUSIC....would make me so giddy I would likely forget anything other than the fact that I was in an arena and there was a band on stage.

The bar is pretty low right now for me.  And I 100% acknowledge that.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8163 on: October 06, 2020, 06:13:02 PM »

Seems the common opinion among the optimists is that there will be new music as soon as touring starts again. I can see there being a lot of anger if that doesn't happen now....

I still have my  ticket for August 2021 at MetLife Stadium. If Covid is done by that time then I'm still going to see my favorite all time band for the 7th time. For me, it doesn't matter if new material comes out at that time. I'll still see them. The only thing that may stop me is if a family emergency comes up, which I'm legally responsible for now.  Other than that, I'll be in Row  227 with my childhood friend, drinking a beer, and enjoying GNR!!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8164 on: October 07, 2020, 05:20:56 PM »

In a Slash interview posted today (which is pretty recent since it's about the pinball machine and first he talks about the passing of Eddie Van Halen), he mentions working on GN'R music during this pandemic period.

https://youtu.be/UIzwG8mDihg?t=481

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 07:22:05 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8165 on: October 07, 2020, 06:15:21 PM »

In a Slash interview posted today (which is pretty recent since it's about the pinball machine), he mentions working on GN'R music during this pandemic period.

/jarmo

Great interview!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8166 on: October 08, 2020, 05:39:18 AM »

In a Slash interview posted today (which is pretty recent since it's about the pinball machine), he mentions working on GN'R music during this pandemic period.

/jarmo

If anyone stil doubts there is new GnR music being made.

Great interview

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8167 on: October 10, 2020, 02:23:08 PM »

I take comfort from the fact that he wasn’t guarded when he said that. Man I’d love to know what the gameplan is for a new release

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8168 on: October 11, 2020, 08:15:44 PM »

I'm hoping that next year brings new music in that a new tour starts next June. Time will tell beer

Rizzo160
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #8169 on: October 13, 2020, 05:49:31 AM »

No one doubts new music is being made I think the doubt from some comes on whether it will ever be released. Personally I think we are in for a great year next year. I understand that some bands have chosen to release music at this time but others have decided to wait. After the way Axl was treated in 2008 I can understand his desire to get this next release right.

Lets hope 2021 is a positive year.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8170 on: October 13, 2020, 09:06:48 AM »

No one doubts new music is being made I think the doubt from some comes on whether it will ever be released.

Sure.

But that mentality makes me wonder what these people think the music is being made for? To be kept in the vault?

I know artists often record a bunch more than what they release. And there's usually outtakes, alternative versions etc that might only get released once there's a reissue deluxe boxset. But other than that, why do people think GN'R would be recording material...  Huh

Like you said, I'm guessing the issue isn't about not wanting to release it. I think it's more about doing it your way, rather than whatever others tell you you need to do.

/jarmo

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8171 on: October 13, 2020, 02:52:11 PM »

No one doubts new music is being made I think the doubt from some comes on whether it will ever be released.

Sure.

But that mentality makes me wonder what these people think the music is being made for? To be kept in the vault?

I know artists often record a bunch more than what they release. And there's usually outtakes, alternative versions etc that might only get released once there's a reissue deluxe boxset. But other than that, why do people think GN'R would be recording material...  Huh

Like you said, I'm guessing the issue isn't about not wanting to release it. I think it's more about doing it your way, rather than whatever others tell you you need to do.

/jarmo

I think the overall worry is that it will take as long as last time. Meaning from Spaghetti incident to chidden. Late 1993 to 2008 is roughly 15 years.  We're already in year 12 since 2008, however they reunited in 2016 with slash and duff right, its not unreasonable to think that it can take 15 more years.  So what will an album in 2031 sound like with Axl being 69 years old?

I mean this as a joke, but I think we're just worried it will take a long ass time...basically Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8172 on: October 13, 2020, 03:54:25 PM »

Hopefully time travel will be a thing by then and time won't matter!  ok

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8173 on: October 14, 2020, 12:57:34 PM »

You guys are funny, anyway next year should be the year beer

Rizzo160
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8174 on: October 14, 2020, 05:34:45 PM »

I wouldn’t hold your breath the way things are going with COVID. The way I see it the band is either using the pandemic as an excuse not to release a new album OR they genuinely are looking to release a new record around the same time as a new tour which, by the looks of things, won’t be for a good while yet. The way things are going, I think we can write 2021 off.

Add to the above the fact that Guns will presumably seek to capitalise on the 30 year anniversary of UYI next year then I think the very earliest we can expect anything new is 2022  Undecided

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8175 on: October 14, 2020, 07:07:29 PM »

Hopefully have a vaccine by the summer, so then the tour will go off. If there is no vaccine 2022 might be the year GNR releases new music beer

Rizzo160
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #8176 on: October 15, 2020, 11:53:53 AM »

I like how we're already justifying no release until 2022...I guess I'll just go buy the AC/DC album in three weeks.   hihi
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8177 on: October 15, 2020, 01:10:43 PM »

I like how we're already justifying no release until 2022...I guess I'll just go buy the AC/DC album in three weeks.   hihi

Im gonna buy that vinyl anyway Cool But i look forward til i can buy a new GnR vinyl.

How do you guys prefer a first listen to new GnR music? I mean an album? I hope they will release it on vinyl and that i get it before the official releasedate. Singles i guess i will listen to via streamingservices

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8178 on: October 15, 2020, 03:51:01 PM »

Yep me too. It’s that bad waiting for guns I’ve even given thought to the new Bon Jovi record  hihi

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8179 on: October 15, 2020, 06:14:04 PM »

I was looking forward to the Smashing pumpkins new album, but it does not sound good to me.  Hopefully GNRs new album will be good. beer

Rizzo160
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: