Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:39:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1548929 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8200 on: November 13, 2020, 01:13:31 PM »

Daring to desire new music?

I bet no one here doesn't want new music. But just like with anything else in the world, hearing someone go on about how they "want new music" day in and day out, it kinda gets boring.

Say something original, constructive etc, and that's got the possibility of being interesting. Keep repeating "But AC/DC released an album...", and that's been done a few times already.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #8201 on: November 13, 2020, 03:37:49 PM »

I bet no one here doesn't want new music. But just like with anything else in the world, hearing someone go on about how they "want new music" day in and day out, it kinda gets boring.

Say something original, constructive etc, and that's got the possibility of being interesting. Keep repeating "But AC/DC released an album...", and that's been done a few times already.

/jarmo

Sorry - was this the "How to bake a Thanksgiving Turkey" thread?
 Grin

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8202 on: November 13, 2020, 07:14:13 PM »

Well I guess there is no new news...how original beer

Rizzo160
cineater
Legend

« Reply #8203 on: November 13, 2020, 08:17:47 PM »

Check out what the kids are up to.  Not bad stuff coming from Slash's son's group.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/sons-of-stone-temple-pilots-guns-n-roses-and-metallica-members-form-new-band-called-suspect208-2816516

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #8204 on: November 13, 2020, 09:51:58 PM »

Its actually quite good.

I like this Weiland's voice too Cheesy

Would be funny if they did a song called ''Do It For The Dad's''

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
cineater
Legend

« Reply #8205 on: November 14, 2020, 12:35:24 PM »

Its actually quite good.

I like this Weiland's voice too Cheesy

Would be funny if they did a song called ''Do It For The Dad's''

I was thinking more like "Forget My Dad".  hihi  Tried to find out a little bit more about the band and all they want to talk about in the stories is GNR.  GNR is working on a new album.  Er, here's a new album and the single is sounding good, lets hear more about what's here today.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #8206 on: November 15, 2020, 10:56:26 AM »

I have been a fan of this band all my life, and it is truly sad to consider what they could have been, and how much creative opportunity they squandered. Absolutely no one who is being objective can look at the creative output of Guns N' Roses and say they lived up to their potential.

From 87 to 91 they were a creative force. Since then: a covers album, a live album, and an Axl solo project put out under the band's name. Such a phenomenal waste. And all the excuses (you can't compare them to other bands, they're different!) hold no water. The Rolling Stones are far bigger and way more dysfunctional and they have put out dozens of albums. I could list dozens of examples of bands that did the same, both large and small, under extremely difficult circumstances. And they did it because the creative output is more important than anything, it's why they chose to be a band. But I suppose Guns N Roses is just a touring corporation now. Ah well ....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8207 on: November 15, 2020, 11:20:13 AM »

You can think what you want.

But unless the things happened the way they have, chances are we wouldn't be where we are today.

You can always play the "what if..." game. And it can be entertaining. But at the end of the day, it doesn't change anything...

One thing is for certain, the quality of the material GN'R has put out, has stood the test of time.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #8208 on: November 15, 2020, 11:21:37 AM »

I have been a fan of this band all my life, and it is truly sad to consider what they could have been, and how much creative opportunity they squandered. Absolutely no one who is being objective can look at the creative output of Guns N' Roses and say they lived up to their potential.

From 87 to 91 they were a creative force. Since then: a covers album, a live album, and an Axl solo project put out under the band's name. Such a phenomenal waste. And all the excuses (you can't compare them to other bands, they're different!) hold no water. The Rolling Stones are far bigger and way more dysfunctional and they have put out dozens of albums. I could list dozens of examples of bands that did the same, both large and small, under extremely difficult circumstances. And they did it because the creative output is more important than anything, it's why they chose to be a band. But I suppose Guns N Roses is just a touring corporation now. Ah well ....

Hello Mr.Adler
 Grin
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #8209 on: November 15, 2020, 11:23:02 AM »

You can think what you want.

But unless the things happened the way they have, chances are we wouldn't be where we are today.

You can always play the "what if..." game. And it can be entertaining. But at the end of the day, it doesn't change anything...

One thing is for certain, the quality of the material GN'R has put out, has stood the test of time.

/jarmo

1000%
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8210 on: November 15, 2020, 07:58:14 PM »

Wasted time is a resource you never get back. Let's hope next year brings new music. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8211 on: November 16, 2020, 03:20:48 PM »

Wasted time is a resource you never get back.

But the definition of wasted time is personal... 

/jarmo

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8212 on: November 16, 2020, 06:11:16 PM »

But time doesn't exist  Wink

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8213 on: November 16, 2020, 07:18:48 PM »

I mean, it's definitely fair to say that Axl's '90s voice was wasted by not just pumping out a quick album with the Snakepit material in '94. There's no getting that voice back.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8214 on: November 17, 2020, 03:31:57 PM »

Whilst punctuality is the thief of time, time and tide wait for no man.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8215 on: November 19, 2020, 02:25:40 AM »

/jarmo

I agree.  Just like when you hear someone go on about how they think it’s boring when people bring up the concept of new music.  That’s boring as well.  Maybe that’s one reason why this board has dropped off so dramatically.  No new music, and people going back and forth about that lack of new music.  But I get it honestly.  I mean how many times can you talk about Axls voice?  About your favorite GNR song, show, or band member?  There just isn’t a lot to talk about when a band has put out 1 album of new material in the last 27 or so years.  We’ve pretty much covered everything a hundred times.  But start it up Jarmo, say something original.  Let’s see where it goes and how long it lasts?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8216 on: November 19, 2020, 06:04:06 AM »

The reality is that we've already done this... Remember the 2000s?  hihi

We've done both, "I want new music" and "I want so and so in the band".

It's easy to say "I want new music" and leave it at that.

The more constructive posts will be like "______ is releasing an album, why can't GN'R?".

And around we go.

---

Here's some speculation. I'm almost leaning towards hoping they release songs over a period of time instead of an album at once.

And then an album after some months with additional tracks that weren't already released. Like, release six singles, and then an album with those six plus maybe six more, or however many will fit.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 06:11:42 AM by jarmo » Logged

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8217 on: November 19, 2020, 06:25:49 PM »

The reality is that we've already done this... Remember the 2000s?  hihi

We've done both, "I want new music" and "I want so and so in the band".

It's easy to say "I want new music" and leave it at that.

The more constructive posts will be like "______ is releasing an album, why can't GN'R?".

And around we go.

---

Here's some speculation. I'm almost leaning towards hoping they release songs over a period of time instead of an album at once.

And then an album after some months with additional tracks that weren't already released. Like, release six singles, and then an album with those six plus maybe six more, or however many will fit.

/jarmo

hmm The Rolling Stones have been releasing singles for a while now... with no new album... I don't like it.... Haven't loved the songs either... here's my theory: an album gives the songs purpose.
With that in mind, write an album, not just songs. The reason why an album has purpose is because it has a name, and that name permeates the songs and with it: purpose.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #8218 on: November 19, 2020, 09:36:51 PM »

The Hold Steady did that, each 'single' had B-sides and then the album came out with some tracks nobody had heard too.

Worked great.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8219 on: November 20, 2020, 06:14:22 AM »

hmm The Rolling Stones have been releasing singles for a while now... with no new album... I don't like it.... Haven't loved the songs either... here's my theory: an album gives the songs purpose.
With that in mind, write an album, not just songs. The reason why an album has purpose is because it has a name, and that name permeates the songs and with it: purpose.

If you record songs, just to have something out. Then maybe you get that. A single that's, just a single.

If you record let's say enough songs for an album, then each of those songs are individually good enough to be on an album.

But instead of putting it all out at once, and have people lose interest in a few weeks (probably), you're extending the buzz by releasing singles for months before you release a full album with even more songs.

Looking at how albums have been released recently, it's usually like this:
1. Teaser released.
2. Single released and album announced
3. Some kind of video for the single is released (optional)
4. Second single
5. Second video (optional)
6. Third single (optional)
7. Third video (optional)
6. Album release

All this happens in about a one to two month span. Once the album is out, it kinda gets "quiet" again. I mean, it doesn't really create a lot of buzz to announce "Band releases single that you probably already heard because you own the album"....

I know 2020 has been different because of no touring. But this formula kinda happened to a bunch of artists this year. Let's see how AC/DC keeps interest in their new album up.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: