Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:01:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1548937 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8220 on: November 20, 2020, 01:43:37 PM »

hmm The Rolling Stones have been releasing singles for a while now... with no new album... I don't like it.... Haven't loved the songs either... here's my theory: an album gives the songs purpose.
With that in mind, write an album, not just songs. The reason why an album has purpose is because it has a name, and that name permeates the songs and with it: purpose.

If you record songs, just to have something out. Then maybe you get that. A single that's, just a single.

If you record let's say enough songs for an album, then each of those songs are individually good enough to be on an album.

But instead of putting it all out at once, and have people lose interest in a few weeks (probably), you're extending the buzz by releasing singles for months before you release a full album with even more songs.

Looking at how albums have been released recently, it's usually like this:
1. Teaser released.
2. Single released and album announced
3. Some kind of video for the single is released (optional)
4. Second single
5. Second video (optional)
6. Third single (optional)
7. Third video (optional)
6. Album release

All this happens in about a one to two month span. Once the album is out, it kinda gets "quiet" again. I mean, it doesn't really create a lot of buzz to announce "Band releases single that you probably already heard because you own the album"....

I know 2020 has been different because of no touring. But this formula kinda happened to a bunch of artists this year. Let's see how AC/DC keeps interest in their new album up.

/jarmo

Maybe... as long as it doesn't take TOO long ... Game of Thrones last seasons suffered from it, by the time one episode hit you already forgot about what happened to the previous one and were not as invested in the whole thing... which kind of made you forget about the entire season  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8221 on: November 20, 2020, 03:38:54 PM »

The reality is that we've already done this... Remember the 2000s?  hihi

We've done both, "I want new music" and "I want so and so in the band".

It's easy to say "I want new music" and leave it at that.

The more constructive posts will be like "______ is releasing an album, why can't GN'R?".

And around we go.

---

Here's some speculation. I'm almost leaning towards hoping they release songs over a period of time instead of an album at once.

And then an album after some months with additional tracks that weren't already released. Like, release six singles, and then an album with those six plus maybe six more, or however many will fit.

/jarmo

That sounds perfect to me. Constant buzz of interest climaxung with an album  beer

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8222 on: November 21, 2020, 06:33:58 AM »

One can speculate. That's what the topic is for.

I don't know the record industry, and how they work. What I do know is that things seem to be short term, everywhere. It's mostly about making money now, not later. So I can see why the release single(s) and an album a month later approach still makes sense.

You make an investment and you want the money back.

Another downside of releasing multiple singles/EPs over a longer period of time is that a bunch of people wouldn't buy anything until the album is out. They just want that CD for their car.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #8223 on: November 21, 2020, 02:59:51 PM »

Another downside of releasing multiple singles/EPs over a longer period of time is that a bunch of people wouldn't buy anything until the album is out. They just want that CD for their car.

/jarmo

Cars don't even come with CD players anymore, not even on special order as far as I know...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8224 on: November 21, 2020, 04:01:55 PM »

I'm sure there are some cars out there still with CD players...  People moved on from tapes.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8225 on: November 21, 2020, 08:12:50 PM »

At this point I will take any kind of release,single, EP, or an album. PS Metallica is working on a new album, wonder who's album comes out first beer

Rizzo160
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #8226 on: November 22, 2020, 12:20:46 AM »

Cars don't even come with CD players anymore, not even on special order as far as I know...

Are you kidding?    Roll Eyes  I wouldn't even consider buying a car that didn't have a CD player! 
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8227 on: November 22, 2020, 05:05:14 AM »

I would just love something soooooooooooooon!!  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #8228 on: November 22, 2020, 10:08:37 AM »

Are you kidding?    Roll Eyes  I wouldn't even consider buying a car that didn't have a CD player! 

Not kidding.  New cars don't come with CD players.  Not even a place for them to be installed after market.  But teenagers who are getting the folk's passed down cars and used cars have CD players in them and no way to hook up their phones.  The window for that though is closing up fast.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8229 on: November 22, 2020, 06:16:49 PM »

I have a 5 year old car that has a CD player in it.  Any car from 2018 and older will have one. beer

Rizzo160
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #8230 on: November 22, 2020, 10:41:25 PM »

I have a 5 year old car that has a CD player in it.  Any car from 2018 and older will have one. beer

Like I said, I wouldn't even consider buying a car without a CD player.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8231 on: November 23, 2020, 05:17:00 AM »

I have 3 or 4 CD players in the house but no car. Every CD I get I make an MP3 copy of, for playing when I'm out and about. CD's get played at home as they're better sound quality, and I like to have a collection.

Given that CDs are pretty affordable, and it supports the artists when I buy them, it seems a no-brainer to me.

Oh and Spotify can fuck right off.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 05:20:20 AM by allwaystired » Logged

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8232 on: November 24, 2020, 06:36:24 AM »

Is it also a time machine?

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8233 on: November 24, 2020, 12:07:48 PM »

¿?HuhHuh??

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8234 on: November 24, 2020, 01:35:26 PM »

It's a joke....

If it was a car with a time machine and a cd player in it, maybe you'd get your new album sooner!  Cheesy

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8235 on: November 24, 2020, 03:13:15 PM »

Rizzo, have a word with doc brown and get the flux capacitor going. Once you get back from 2056 let us know how that new record sounds  Grin

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8236 on: November 24, 2020, 05:42:00 PM »

Hopefully next year will bring new music....maybe in June when the tour kicks off beer

Rizzo160
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #8237 on: November 24, 2020, 10:54:35 PM »

Hopefully next year will bring new music....maybe in June when the tour kicks off

Could be.  June is a great month for GNR releases!   hihi

"June.  God willing, we will release it in June!"
-- Axl Rose, spring 2001

"It should be out by June.  A few odds and ends left to do, a couple of finishing touches, a couple of vocals – and we need to mix it."
-- Dizzy Reed, November 2002

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Democracy#cite_note-June-86
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #8238 on: November 25, 2020, 07:38:38 AM »

Hopefully next year will bring new music....maybe in June when the tour kicks off

Could be.  June is a great month for GNR releases!   hihi

"June.  God willing, we will release it in June!"
-- Axl Rose, spring 2001

"It should be out by June.  A few odds and ends left to do, a couple of finishing touches, a couple of vocals – and we need to mix it."
-- Dizzy Reed, November 2002

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Democracy#cite_note-June-86

Ummm...well....yeah

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8239 on: November 25, 2020, 08:26:53 AM »

when Guns gets back out onstage in Australia next year, is it possible there might be some brand new music in the setlist?

It would be way too early to say anything like that. [Laughs] That’s a good question, but…sorry

Interview with Slash

Rizzo160
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: