Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:24:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549197 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8420 on: December 23, 2020, 11:32:19 AM »

Possibly the only good thing to happen in 2020.

Off topic, but...I found this beer the other day.  It's the beer we all need:

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8421 on: December 23, 2020, 11:37:01 AM »

You know what ?

When you're right you're right -

I view Jarmo more of a master of the domain and forget he's a poster like everyone else

Don't agree he should come in and label anyone with a negative comment as a whiner because I do believe it discourages free thought - but completely fair

Apologies Jarmo -

Happy Holidays

And Tiny Tim said: "God Bless us, every one."

beer peace beer ok

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #8422 on: December 23, 2020, 12:03:49 PM »

You know what ?

When you're right you're right -

I view Jarmo more of a master of the domain and forget he's a poster like everyone else

Don't agree he should come in and label anyone with a negative comment as a whiner because I do believe it discourages free thought - but completely fair

Apologies Jarmo -

Happy Holidays

And Tiny Tim said: "God Bless us, every one."

beer peace beer ok

hihi
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8423 on: December 23, 2020, 09:22:17 PM »

Hopefully we indeed get new music in June when touring resumes. Looking forward to 2021 beer

Rizzo160
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8424 on: December 23, 2020, 10:17:40 PM »

I might be naive, but I think when the band reformed they wanted to prove they could pull of a huge tour without hiccups like in the past.  I feel the same about an album.  They will get it done.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8425 on: December 25, 2020, 05:34:23 AM »

Happy Christmas all of you!

Here's to another 12 months of pissing about on forums hey?! It suddenly became a pretty valuable social tool for me this year!

Take care folks. Stay safe.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8426 on: December 26, 2020, 04:17:32 PM »

Encouraging comments from Slash.  Let's hope it pans out.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #8427 on: December 28, 2020, 08:01:52 PM »

It would be great if they did manage to put new songs out even an EP would suffice, for a band as big as GnR you'd think they would put out more material not just new music but more live CDs,Blu rays and demos and unheard songs from the illusions and Chinese Democracy era ,every other band or their record label does ,Nirvana are a good example of a band that had a similar output of original material but the amount of compilations, boxsets and live DVD, CDs they have released is staggering and is something GnR should do.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 10:24:52 AM by Executioner » Logged
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8428 on: December 29, 2020, 04:07:33 PM »

For a band with so much pro shot material floating around out there, some more official DVDs/Blurays would be nice.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #8429 on: December 31, 2020, 10:19:42 AM »

I still think a rarities/b-sides album would tide people over. Throw in some live cover tracks and a few unreleased studio cuts and B-sides. Given the shit 2020 has thrown at us it would be a nice gift. And Shadow of Your Love went over well enough.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #8430 on: December 31, 2020, 11:17:38 AM »

I always blame the label.  They can't sell GNR but will say anything to keep the back catalog and the death benefits.  Total bullshit coming from them.  Keep hope afloat while they dangle the carrot.  Just my opinion.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8431 on: January 01, 2021, 02:14:08 PM »

I still think a rarities/b-sides album would tide people over. Throw in some live cover tracks and a few unreleased studio cuts and B-sides. Given the shit 2020 has thrown at us it would be a nice gift. And Shadow of Your Love went over well enough.

B-sides? There aren't any really. SOYL and a couple of live versions.......which were all on the AFD reissue anyway.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8432 on: January 01, 2021, 04:23:46 PM »

Lets start from the beginning.. who thinks there will be new music released in 2021? Will this be the year we will hear Slash, Duff and Axl toghether on new studio recorded songs?

I do Cool Grin

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8433 on: January 01, 2021, 07:55:59 PM »

This is the year if it is gonna happen. beer

Rizzo160
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #8434 on: January 02, 2021, 07:17:57 AM »

First they will start to finish the current tour.
Vaccins will be needed first for the majority of people....so I guess not much will happen yet.
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #8435 on: January 04, 2021, 11:22:40 PM »

I completely understand how Jarmo and others get sick of people bitching about the lack of output. I am not as huge a fan as they are and it makes sense that it becomes tiresome. To love this band as much as they do, such constant criticism must become annoying. I am in no way backing off my criticism, but I get their position.

But just to put forward a different thread of discussion, I imagine how debilitating it must be for artists to attempt to put out new material when everyone will compare it to their masterpiece which happened decades ago. As a writer, I am a massive fan of Hunter S. Thompson. His brilliant works happened in the early 70s. After that, he got dizzy on fame and drugs, and he recognized that he was not the same writer he was when he was younger. And that was crippling. He knew that he could never live up to his earlier works like Fear and Loathing, Hells Angles, Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail. Everyone who knew him, based on everything I read, said that he lost his ability to write.

I think that might be playing into the lack of output for Axl Rose, specifically. He must feel that no matter what he puts out, that he can never produce anything that will appease people. And maybe that has created hesitancy, or a writer's block, or apprehension.

And to be brutally honest, Appetite was the product of young, hungry, don't give a fuck musicians. Most of the great art in this world is created by young people, simply because the world is new to them and they have not been beaten down. Sure, there are dozens of massive artists who have continued to put out albums. They seem to have overcome these obstacles. But I wonder if Axl is just thinking it is a lose-lose proposition, combined with the fact that he just doesn't have that same spark.

Let's face it, there is nothing they can put out that people will compare favorably to Appetite or even the Illusion albums. So I think their lack of output might be linked to that ... I can't imagine the fear that might be instill.

I think as a fan it is a shame they have not put out more albums, but fuck ... I am not in the shoes of Axl. He might just have lost the desire or been beaten down or is just happy in his life the way it is and doesn't feel the over-powering need to prove anything to anybody any more. He might just be content. He has one life and in this one life, he made his mark decades ago. And that might be enough for him. And who the fuck am I to question that?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8436 on: January 05, 2021, 06:38:55 AM »

That's a valid point regarding all art.

I hope in GN'R's case, it's not so much an issue as maybe a motivation.

They're the ones who made those records and know all the details of how/when/why it happened.

With very limited knowledge of their motivations etc. it still does look to me that the popularity of an album wasn't the motivation. Obviously once AFD, UYI started selling, it was a nice thing. But as artists, I think it was more about not getting stuck in one box, one style/genre. Every album they released has offered something different compared to the last.

So I think the motivation has always been more like "how can we make the best possible album that doesn't just repeat the previous one?".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8437 on: January 05, 2021, 07:24:30 PM »

I do think the writer's block theory has some merit to it. But also, it's not like Axl is the only writer in the group; Slash pumps out material nonstop. All he has to do is write lyrics and vocal melodies if he wants to, but I suppose he would still want to balance it out with some of his own piano-derived pieces and that could be the struggle. I feel for him if that's the case, I've basically had writer's block my entire playing career because I never feel like any of the little things I do come up with are good enough to even bother developing further. The blank page is intimidating.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8438 on: January 06, 2021, 09:25:43 AM »

It's actually quite interesting how that works.

Some can create music on order. They sit down, and decide they'll write a song, and they do it.

Others might sit in traffic and a melody appears.

Same with lyrics. Some might have a melody, record it, and then sit down and write some lyrics to match the melody. All done in an instant. Others might have books full of lyrics and match them to melodies later.

Axl's got a pretty amazing talent for writing songs, lyrics as well as being able to figure that this part and that part together make an excellent song.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8439 on: January 06, 2021, 06:44:28 PM »

Hopefully if everything goes well with the vaccine rollout, GNR will debut new music in June. There has to be a calculated game plan if new music is to come out. beer

Rizzo160
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: