Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:19:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1559009 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #8560 on: February 17, 2021, 02:25:38 PM »

That was the plan tour and then release music baby beer

Not that there was an announced release date or anything. But I think that was a possible plan for 2020.

New music, new tour. But then this pandemic happened....

/jarmo

And everything went straight to hell...

So can we blame GNR for this pandemic?   hihi  There seems to be this little black cloud that follows GNR around and fucks with all their plans.  Big plans means big fuck over.  GNR has brought this down upon us.  rofl

Er, I think I've been a frequent flier around the GNR boards.  It's starting to get to me.  Shocked

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #8561 on: February 20, 2021, 07:19:44 AM »

Looks like another year without new music, hopefully next year brings new music. beer

year is just beginning

Don't be so pessimistic! He's already looking forward to 2022!

hihi

/jarmo

If I get the opportunity to go back in time, I'm going straight to my high school job in 1995, and without a word punching myself in the teeth. When 1995 me gets off the floor, I will say "Now that I have your attention... you are still waiting for an album with Axl, Slash, and Duff in 2021 I suggest you find a hobby or a new band"... but hang in there with the New England Patriots, that will pay off.. oh and here's a sports almanac.

Every time I see that movie I wish I had the sports almanac. 
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #8562 on: February 20, 2021, 05:38:39 PM »

So, Hard School is probably a song dating back to 1996, where Slash and Duff participating in working out the song. Main reason it's the first new song to pop up on their setlist?

7:20 into the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XsTN2ugTKA&t=522s&ab_channel=JustDuffStuff

Let's hope for at least a single this year.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8563 on: February 21, 2021, 03:53:54 AM »

Damn, I just watched that video recently and didn't make the connection. I wonder if they're digging into any of the other material that was floating around from '94-'96...

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8564 on: February 22, 2021, 05:54:08 PM »

So, Hard School is probably a song dating back to 1996, where Slash and Duff participating in working out the song. Main reason it's the first new song to pop up on their setlist?

7:20 into the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XsTN2ugTKA&t=522s&ab_channel=JustDuffStuff

Let's hope for at least a single this year.

I've been saying this since Hard School was leaked. The song structure is classic GNR. I have my doubts that NU-GNR created it. Also Fortus did say that there were working on a song that Slash started. It really points to Hard School coming from the 94-96 session.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8565 on: February 23, 2021, 02:33:05 AM »

I don't know, it still sounds nothing like a Slash/Duff composition to me. It could just as well be the case that they continued writing for the Jackie Chan movie after Slash/Duff left and Hard School is just what the new lineup came up with for it.

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #8566 on: February 23, 2021, 02:56:01 AM »

Not an old gnr song. Finck/stinson song probably
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8567 on: February 23, 2021, 10:39:16 AM »

Not an old gnr song. Finck/stinson song probably

I don't doubt that what you've heard is Robin and Tommy playing and tweaking, but they are saying that the structure and core of the song comes from that post UYI Tour/Pre Slash and Duff exit era. You can't ignore the Jackie Chan connection...
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8568 on: February 23, 2021, 06:23:17 PM »

the Jackie Chan connection...

Great title for a new album right there.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8569 on: March 03, 2021, 10:16:45 AM »

Perhaps that 'Hard School' music is from that era.

But look at those lyrics.  I mean...come on.  Don't have to be Colombo to see what they are about.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8570 on: April 26, 2021, 06:51:31 PM »

Anyone hear anything new?  Last we heard an album would come out when touring resumes.  It's been real quiet this past year.  Hopefully get a update before the Australian tour. beer

Rizzo160
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8571 on: April 27, 2021, 05:17:23 PM »

I really hope so. Would be a great start to the tour if the new record was released just prior to the Aussy dates

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8572 on: May 22, 2021, 05:55:39 PM »

Anyone hear anything new?  Last we heard an album would come out when touring resumes.  It's been real quiet this past year.  Hopefully get a update before the Australian tour. beer

Nothing new at this point. But we do have a tour comming up soon, so who knows. If there is an album, and its done and ready to go.. i would think late 2021 release could make sense. I wonder if this will be a tour wit no specific name, or it it will be a tour connected to a release.. if thats the case we should get som info about it before it starts... i belive

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #8573 on: June 10, 2021, 07:00:19 AM »

By now I´d be "happy" if the next album is a re-relase of Gnr Lies on vinyl. Spaghetti Incindent and Live Era on vinyl and re-relases of all 7" and 12"  vinyl and an afforadable box set of Illussions with demos like Just another Sunday etc. Oh My God re-relase on Spotify and as a vinyl  7"/12". Videos and vinyl 7/12" from Chinese. Different Live records/videos from different eras. Days of Thunder version of KOHD on Spotify...

Ac/Dc managed to come up with a new album...and one of their main songwriters and  guitarists is dead!...and their singer is like deaf but still...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 07:13:52 AM by Sillything » Logged

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8574 on: June 10, 2021, 09:17:44 AM »

and an afforadable box set of Illussions with demos like Just another Sunday etc.

I think what many consider Use Your Illusion outtakes are actually not even really GN'R tracks.

Axl on Crash Diet:

Q: - What's the story behind Crash Diet and why was it never put on to a GNR album?
Axl: Somethin' done with Wes and his friend and more about their guitars than Guns.

December 2008 forum chats.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #8575 on: June 10, 2021, 03:50:57 PM »

By now I´d be "happy" if the next album is a re-relase of Gnr Lies on vinyl. Spaghetti Incindent and Live Era on vinyl and re-relases of all 7" and 12"  vinyl and an afforadable box set of Illussions with demos like Just another Sunday etc. Oh My God re-relase on Spotify and as a vinyl  7"/12". Videos and vinyl 7/12" from Chinese. Different Live records/videos from different eras. Days of Thunder version of KOHD on Spotify...

Ac/Dc managed to come up with a new album...and one of their main songwriters and  guitarists is dead!...and their singer is like deaf but still...

Was it any good?  I didn't listen to it.  I like AC/DC but it all kind of sounds the same to me.  I stick with the hits.  I like new music but is it really new music?   hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8576 on: June 10, 2021, 04:18:35 PM »

Was it any good?  I didn't listen to it.  I like AC/DC but it all kind of sounds the same to me.  I stick with the hits.  I like new music but is it really new music?   hihi

AC/DC are some of the best songwriters out there. While their toolkit may be more limited than Guns, they know how to use it in a way that very few artists do.

Even at this stage in their career, they can still write a classic song. My favorites are the tribute to Malcolm called "Through the Mists of Time" (an unusually somber and reflective tune for them) and "Kick You When You're Down" which is just a real southern-blues stomper that is infectiously catchy and fun. There is nothing quite like when Phil Rudd does a tom-heavy beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY6XMfj9T8M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksqTQ33ohWM

My only complaint is that the producer pushed them to shorten songs for commercial reasons. As if AC/DC aren't already a short-and-to-the-point type of band. So because of that the songs have very short solos and not much in the way of bridges. The Youngs are at their best when they feel free to jam out.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 04:21:45 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8577 on: June 10, 2021, 07:00:49 PM »

and an afforadable box set of Illussions with demos like Just another Sunday etc.

I think what many consider Use Your Illusion outtakes are actually not even really GN'R tracks.

Axl on Crash Diet:

Q: - What's the story behind Crash Diet and why was it never put on to a GNR album?
Axl: Somethin' done with Wes and his friend and more about their guitars than Guns.

/jarmo

For the Illusions anniversary content, I wonder how much demo material exists that never leaked of things like You Could be Mine etc... that made the album but in rougher formats. Also the tour documentary that is always referenced. Seems like for that era more so than the Appetite era there is the potential of much more video and specifically candid behind the scene's stuff on the road.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8578 on: June 13, 2021, 08:52:24 PM »

With the tour about 2 months to go has anyone heard any new news on a release of new music.   I think we will get new music this year but it might not be untill the Australian tour. beer

Rizzo160
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #8579 on: June 15, 2021, 10:54:41 AM »

Axl on Crash Diet:

/jarmo

Would a similar logic be fair to tracks like It's so easy or Yesterdays?  When writing outside the band, it's not the band until you bring it in.
It would be cool of course to have Just another Sunday and so on but if they were never brought to the band like Yesterdays I can see the point and it's up to the band.

Would be cool though to get the additional tracks recorded by the band for Spagetti Incident, like Beer and a cigarette, Hanoi rocks. I have never heard that one nor the original.

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: