Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:47:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549202 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #9080 on: June 09, 2022, 12:44:10 PM »

In any case they should have recorded something between 2016-2017 when axl was on top form for ac dc. His voice is completely shot now (and for "now" i mean "for the last 4 years"). But as i've said many times he's just lazy as fuck, and u don't get better when you are older. Don't hold your breath  rofl rofl
No. When will people learn that he sings this way live by choice to preserve his voice over the course of a show and tour. That's it.

Ali

Lmfao  hihi:
You can laugh all you want. If you are ignorant enough to believe a guy that has been singing professionally for decades and worked with some of the best vocal coaches in the business doesn't know how to induce certain vocal tones...I would would be amusing myself too.

Ali
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #9081 on: June 09, 2022, 01:12:11 PM »

In any case they should have recorded something between 2016-2017 when axl was on top form for ac dc. His voice is completely shot now (and for "now" i mean "for the last 4 years"). But as i've said many times he's just lazy as fuck, and u don't get better when you are older. Don't hold your breath  rofl rofl
No. When will people learn that he sings this way live by choice to preserve his voice over the course of a show and tour. That's it.

Ali

Lmfao  hihi:
You can laugh all you want. If you are ignorant enough to believe a guy that has been singing professionally for decades and worked with some of the best vocal coaches in the business doesn't know how to induce certain vocal tones...I would would be amusing myself too.

Ali
it doesn’t matter, if body gives up there’s no coach who can help your voice. And i don’t go in any case to a concert in which the singer is ‘saving his voice’ cause he’s not letting people saving their money at all..and saving for what ffs? He’s at the very end of his career in any case, he should have saved it 30 years ago man, not now . And again, he’s not saving anything. People has started to compare him to vince neil, and it’s not fun. But think whatever u want.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #9082 on: June 09, 2022, 03:54:29 PM »

Ali

Lmfao  hihi:

Ali
it doesn’t matter, if body gives up there’s no coach who can help your voice. And i don’t go in any case to a concert in which the singer is ‘saving his voice’ cause he’s not letting people saving their money at all..and saving for what ffs? He’s at the very end of his career in any case, he should have saved it 30 years ago man, not now . And again, he’s not saving anything. People has started to compare him to vince neil, and it’s not fun. But think whatever u want.
The only thing you got right is that he's towards the end of his career. That's it.

As far as what or why he's saving his voice, the answer is simple. He did a lot of damage to his voice using vocal fry during the early 90's. He developed nodules on his vocal cords, and it affected GN'R's touring. He doesn't want a repeat of that.

It's that simple.

Ali
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #9083 on: June 09, 2022, 05:48:27 PM »

Ali

Lmfao  hihi:

Ali
The only thing you got right is that he's towards the end of his career. That's it.

As far as what or why he's saving his voice, the answer is simple. He did a lot of damage to his voice using vocal fry during the early 90's. He developed nodules on his vocal cords, and it affected GN'R's touring. He doesn't want a repeat of that.

It's that simple.

Ali

If u can't distinguish a "clean voice style" (in order to save it) from a shot one it's not my problem. Example: from 2001 to 2003 he sang different: that was a clean, safe but still thick voice. A full nasal falsetto with no breath support with voice cracks when he tries to push to me it's not "saving the voice"...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 05:53:09 PM by ITARocker » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #9084 on: June 09, 2022, 11:56:25 PM »

In any case they should have recorded something between 2016-2017 when axl was on top form for ac dc. His voice is completely shot now (and for "now" i mean "for the last 4 years"). But as i've said many times he's just lazy as fuck, and u don't get better when you are older. Don't hold your breath  rofl rofl

I still think studio magic can make him sound as we are accustomed to.  It's just a mixed bag at live shows.

Sort of a silly example, but I bring it up only to highlight the timeline : Rock The Rock

That sounded like the Axl that made us all fans.  Those of us that attended live shows around that time know he did not sound like that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9085 on: June 09, 2022, 11:59:59 PM »

Frankly, I think Axl is doing his absolute best with what he's got to work with.  And GNR shows since 2016 have been rock solid.

If GNR fans have a gripe, it's the AXL/DC shows.  There, he sounded like prime Axl.

So I think it more than fair to ask why he can summon up that voice to crank out 'Back In Black' or 'Thunderstruck' for AC/DC fans...but can't seem to get that same quality of voice together for his own fans on 'Sweet Child O' Mine', which tends to be a consistently weaker effort at live shows the past 5 years.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #9086 on: June 10, 2022, 01:45:30 AM »

I still think studio magic can make him sound as we are accustomed to.  It's just a mixed bag at live shows.

Sort of a silly example, but I bring it up only to highlight the timeline : Rock The Rock

That sounded like the Axl that made us all fans.  Those of us that attended live shows around that time know he did not sound like that.
Sure, but when your voice is ok obviously the recording process is faster and better… think about 2006 and Angel Down album … axl recorded those songs in 1 night only: no studio magic  there
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9087 on: June 10, 2022, 01:49:34 AM »

Axl sounds GREAT on 'Angel Down'.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9088 on: June 10, 2022, 03:02:37 AM »

He's saving it for recording and the rest of his career. DUH.  Roll Eyes

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Ali
Legend

« Reply #9089 on: June 10, 2022, 11:01:32 AM »

Ali

Lmfao  hihi:

Ali

It's that simple.

Ali

If u can't distinguish a "clean voice style" (in order to save it) from a shot one it's not my problem. Example: from 2001 to 2003 he sang different: that was a clean, safe but still thick voice. A full nasal falsetto with no breath support with voice cracks when he tries to push to me it's not "saving the voice"...
I started singing as a kid myself and I can make the distinction. It was not an accident that he created a different vocal tone when he was fronting AC/DC. It was purposeful.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #9090 on: June 10, 2022, 11:09:23 AM »

He's saving it for recording and the rest of his career. DUH.  Roll Eyes

When you are touring the world for a good half the year, you may be more conscious of the bigger picture and ensuring that you can do all those shows. Refer back to late July of 1992 for why he may want to be more cautious.

Ali
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #9091 on: June 11, 2022, 11:10:29 AM »

It is absolutely ridiculous how good he sounds here doing Back in Black with AC/DC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFSxi96o43Q

When in the last decade has he sounded like this during a GnR show? I saw them at Voodoo Fest a few years back. Everyone here says, "Oh, don't judge him by youtube vidoes. Live he sounds incredible." No. No he doesn't. He sounded godwaful. It was embarrassing. But that's just how aging goes. Or whatever.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #9092 on: June 11, 2022, 04:50:44 PM »

It is absolutely ridiculous how good he sounds here doing Back in Black with AC/DC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFSxi96o43Q

When in the last decade has he sounded like this during a GnR show? I saw them at Voodoo Fest a few years back. Everyone here says, "Oh, don't judge him by youtube vidoes. Live he sounds incredible." No. No he doesn't. He sounded godwaful. It was embarrassing. But that's just how aging goes. Or whatever.

Many, many, many, many times he's sounded great during a GN'R show. ok

Ali
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9093 on: June 12, 2022, 01:00:20 AM »

I think with the AC/DC shows, he knowingly chose to go full rasp and likely damage his voice just because it was such an honor for him and he wanted to impress Angus. Also, he sounded better with Guns in 2016 than he does now because he's been touring ever since. You can't expect him to sound the same doing BIB now.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9094 on: June 12, 2022, 09:56:35 PM »

I think with the AC/DC shows, he knowingly chose to go full rasp and likely damage his voice just because it was such an honor for him and he wanted to impress Angus. Also, he sounded better with Guns in 2016 than he does now because he's been touring ever since. You can't expect him to sound the same doing BIB now.

This.  ok

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #9095 on: June 13, 2022, 08:55:34 AM »

He may have had some issues. But, in 1992, the consequences of were very severe. Severe enough to postpone shows and require surgery.

Ali
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #9096 on: June 27, 2022, 01:47:57 AM »

The most recent BIB I heard sounded fantastic. I was very impressed. He got better in the second half of YCBM also. Started out shaky but had some rasp back.

I think basically after all these years and surgeries, he's just doing his best to conserve his voice. Because the next time he blows out his vocal chords could be the last
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #9097 on: June 27, 2022, 02:03:55 AM »

On the "next album" front... after catching a couple of the locker leaks I had missed the first time around (Devious Bastard, D-Tune, Nothing with scratch vocals), I honestly do believe there's a really solid album already out there, probably more complete than we realize.

Quick Song (sure to be renamed)
Devious Bastard (these two go great together)
The General
Atlas Shrugged
State of Grace
Oklahoma
Ides of March (which I don't think has ever leaked, but was reportedly recorded during CD sessions)
Hard Skool (assuming it's on the album)
Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul (I honestly love the full title)
Perhaps
D Tune (sure to be renamed)
One cover (Back in Black is my current pick)

Eye On You (if it's not scrapped since bits appeared in Hard Skool), Absurd and Going Down (Tommy) as B-Sides.
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #9098 on: June 27, 2022, 11:15:55 AM »

On ..., I honestly do believe there's a really solid album already out there, probably more complete than we realize.

Quick Song (sure to be renamed)
One cover (Back in Black is my current pick)
Eye On You (if it's not scrapped since bits appeared in Hard Skool), Absurd and Going Down (Tommy) as B-Sides.

+1 ....I can totally live with such an album....just let me know where I can buy it
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9099 on: June 27, 2022, 04:40:09 PM »

The most recent BIB I heard sounded fantastic. I was very impressed. He got better in the second half of YCBM also. Started out shaky but had some rasp back.

I think basically after all these years and surgeries, he's just doing his best to conserve his voice. Because the next time he blows out his vocal chords could be the last

I agree. He sounded great on that Looney Tunes song despite sounding rough in concerts that same year. He knows that saving his voice for recording is important.

Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: