Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:34:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549085 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9200 on: August 16, 2022, 06:23:04 PM »

The best crowd on bootlegs are in SA.

Believe me, it's even better in person.  ok

Some things you can't get the same experience listening or watching it on a screen. Talk about passionate...

/jarmo

And they stream the whole show!   Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9201 on: August 17, 2022, 01:44:52 AM »

I get it the the SA fans haven’t heard Absurd or HardSkool live yet, but boy would the SA tour be an amazing opportunity to let off a new single or two. Can you imagine the crowd’s reaction? It would explosive!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9202 on: August 17, 2022, 04:52:42 AM »

I get it the the SA fans haven’t heard Absurd or HardSkool live yet, but boy would the SA tour be an amazing opportunity to let off a new single or two. Can you imagine the crowd’s reaction? It would explosive!

I'm sure it would.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #9203 on: August 17, 2022, 12:09:29 PM »

Prove that bolded part. That is just a strawman you created to criticize people who want new music.

LOL.

It's called having experience from the Internet GN'R fans for over 25 years. Wink

I do find some humor in the fact that people claim to want something and when they get it they are like "Well, this isn't what I wanted".

Making general statements like wanting new music is just something people throw out to have something to say, Nothing more. I'd love to hear new GN'R music, whenever and whatever the band releases.  Smiley

It's fine if someone wants another Appetite. That's down to personal taste. But if that's what they want, why not say it? Instead of "I want new music" and then going on and on about how they don't like Hard Skool because it's not what they envisioned new music to be. That's on them....  beer

/jarmo

This is some next level bias. You find it funny that people want their favorite band to release new music, and then have opinions about the quality of the new music released? WTF? This is literally what happens with every band, every director, every artist that ever lived. I really want new G n' R music. But I found Absurd to be a completely horrible song It sucked in my opinion. That doesn't in any way negate my desire for new music.

"Making general statements like wanting new music is just something people throw out to have something to say, Nothing more."

Again, what kind of broad-brushing bullshit is this? Stop trying to gatekeep. You are not the arbiter of how people feel about this band. I personally want new music.  That is not something I am throwing out there just to say something. How fucking condescending and pretentious.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9204 on: August 17, 2022, 02:47:12 PM »

Never claimed I wasn't biased. Cheesy

FFS. It's not funny that fans want new music. We all do.
The funny part is how that manifests itself. When wanting something (positive thing) becomes something negative. Get it?

I can't believe I have to explain these things year after year. Is it really 2022? Cheesy

I really want new G n' R music. But I found Absurd to be a completely horrible song It sucked in my opinion. That doesn't in any way negate my desire for new music.

And if they put out an album with 12 Absurds, how would you feel?  hihi

Again, what kind of broad-brushing bullshit is this? Stop trying to gatekeep. You are not the arbiter of how people feel about this band. I personally want new music.  That is not something I am throwing out there just to say something. How fucking condescending and pretentious.

How fucking ignorant is to take something I say as something else than what it is? My personal fucking opinion. Do I get insulted because you disagree? No fucking way. Why is this always a problem with people whose opinion I don't fucking agree with? Condescending my ass. If I said my opinion is better than yours, you might have a point. I don't fucking recall saying that. Only pointed out the fact that I've been reading comments from GN'R fans on the Internet for over 25 years. Some from people who take themselves way too seriously. Is that condescending? Well, it's a fact... Sorry if that hurt your feelings!

Yes, people just saying they want new music only to whine about the type of music released is a broad fucking statement. What's so difficult to be honest about what kind of music you want? You obviously don't like Absurd, so be fucking honest sand say you want new music, but not that kind of songs. Then we would know in advance! One less chance of fucking confusion! hihi

This is like, bear with me, an analogy coming up, saying "I want warmer weather" when it's freezing outside, only to whine about the heat in the summer... But what do I know, maybe some find that entertaining. I find it "funny"... D

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9205 on: August 18, 2022, 08:50:01 AM »

some people will never be happy who cares if the 2 songs is left over from Chinese Democracy it still new music and Absurd is a good song
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9206 on: August 18, 2022, 11:55:31 AM »

some people will never be happy who cares if the 2 songs is left over from Chinese Democracy it still new music and Absurd is a good song

Yeah. All that matters is, did you enjoy the song? If you did, does it matter when the song originated? It can be interesting to know the story of it, the details, the inspiration etc. But in the end, does it make a song better or worse?

Disclaimer: This is 100% fantasy for the sake of conversation: Imagine if there was a riff that they had worked on in 1988 that was never used for a song and they reworked it into a song that sounded like Absurd now. Would people dislike it because it sounded like Absurd, a song they didn't enjoy? And would their opinion change if they know the origins of it were in 1988? Or if it was announced that they just wrote the whole song the day when they were recording it. Huh

/jarmo

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9207 on: August 18, 2022, 12:19:35 PM »

Grin Absurd is almost as bad as My world.  Grin
I do love Hard Skool.  peace

For those who worry about ruining anything with the latest batch of leaks, don't worry, there's almost nothing there. Except for Perhaps the rest is just jams that hardly make up a song .

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #9208 on: August 18, 2022, 12:52:59 PM »

And if they put out an album with 12 Absurds, how would you feel?  hihi

Absurd - Remixes album confirmed!!!!!!
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9209 on: August 18, 2022, 01:22:11 PM »

Grin Absurd is almost as bad as My world.  Grin
I do love Hard Skool.  peace

For those who worry about ruining anything with the latest batch of leaks, don't worry, there's almost nothing there. Except for Perhaps the rest is just jams that hardly make up a song .

Have to disagree - there are some absolute gems in there. Go listen to the last 2 mins of D Tune, just by way of example  drool

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #9210 on: August 18, 2022, 06:59:31 PM »

An album id love to see come out based on what Axl has done in the last few years is come out with a GNR Duets album.  When you have had the likes of Carrie Underwood, Pink, Dave Grohl sing on stage with Axl & GNR. A studio version of said artists especially hearing Axl sing with other women on GNR material would be really cool.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #9211 on: August 18, 2022, 07:26:13 PM »

The General opening Track.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9212 on: August 19, 2022, 08:38:59 AM »

I really like what Smashing Pumpkins did in terms of production on their last album.
It's not guitar driven but I wonder what it could do with GNR music, giving more space to Melissa and her synths, mixed with Slash's guitar in a sort of a modern take of their eighties sound, damn it must a blast to arrange and produce such record

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9213 on: August 19, 2022, 12:02:24 PM »

I really like what Smashing Pumpkins did in terms of production on their last album.
It's not guitar driven but I wonder what it could do with GNR music, giving more space to Melissa and her synths, mixed with Slash's guitar in a sort of a modern take of their eighties sound, damn it must a blast to arrange and produce such record

Isn't that kinda what Chinese was? Minus Slash guitars. It's quite a guitar heavy album and yet it seems like it never got credit for that because there are other instruments on the album as well.

/jarmo

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #9214 on: August 19, 2022, 03:30:16 PM »

The Mother Goode was loose on Chinese! Synths and keys all over the record!

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9215 on: August 19, 2022, 05:45:07 PM »

yes, CD was very guitar driven, and maybe too much, maybe that's why I'd like something less dense, with more synths, or at least less layers, and probably a different  approach of the production, less cinematographic if it makes sense.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9216 on: August 21, 2022, 07:21:16 PM »

Yeah. All that matters is, did you enjoy the song? If you did, does it matter when the song originated? It can be interesting to know the story of it, the details, the inspiration etc. But in the end, does it make a song better or worse?

Disclaimer: This is 100% fantasy for the sake of conversation: Imagine if there was a riff that they had worked on in 1988 that was never used for a song and they reworked it into a song that sounded like Absurd now. Would people dislike it because it sounded like Absurd, a song they didn't enjoy? And would their opinion change if they know the origins of it were in 1988? Or if it was announced that they just wrote the whole song the day when they were recording it. Huh

/jarmo

does not matter were the song came from i like both version the leak demo version and the studio version but like i said some people will never be happy hell if the song was made in 2022 they still will not be happy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9217 on: August 22, 2022, 04:55:20 AM »

does not matter were the song came from i like both version the leak demo version and the studio version but like i said some people will never be happy hell if the song was made in 2022 they still will not be happy

I'm in that boat. A good song is a good song. Period.

It's one of those wonderful things about the Internet. We have information available we couldn't find before. When people bought GN'R Lies in 1988 or whenever, did they realize some of those songs weren't actually GN'R songs? Reckless Life for example existed before GN'R did. Maybe if you read the song writing credits, you'd suspect that, but in the end it didn't matter.... Same with Anything Goes...

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #9218 on: August 22, 2022, 02:00:56 PM »

I went the other way on that.  It certainly sounds crisper than when it was 'Silkworms', but I still find a rough listen.

'Hard Skool', on the other hand, also sounds crisper than the old leak from way back when.  But I think that one is a banger.  Axl sounds great.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9219 on: August 22, 2022, 05:39:32 PM »

I'm in that boat. A good song is a good song. Period.

It's one of those wonderful things about the Internet. We have information available we couldn't find before. When people bought GN'R Lies in 1988 or whenever, did they realize some of those songs weren't actually GN'R songs? Reckless Life for example existed before GN'R did. Maybe if you read the song writing credits, you'd suspect that, but in the end it didn't matter.... Same with Anything Goes...

The problem for me is that Reckless Life just isn't that good of a song. It's clearly not on the same level as AFD material. Lies was just kind of a holdover record anyway.

I don't know how well reworked Chinese-era material would fit alongside new material by the current lineup. But then, it looks like they are clearing out the cupboards before they work on a new album anyway. So Lies might actually be the perfect analogy for what we're getting in the meantime. Or Spaghetti Incident. Just something to tide us over.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: