Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:06:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549292 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9240 on: August 25, 2022, 11:28:49 PM »

I get a big kick out of how freaked out people get about interviewing Axl.   hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #9241 on: August 26, 2022, 10:57:14 AM »

Am I the only one who loves Absurd here?  Grin

No.

It's something a little different. Reminds me of when they released It's So Easy as the first single from AFD, instead of something that sounds more like the rest of the record.

I always liked that part of GN'R. They don't just make one kind of song. You might not like all of it, but it sure is more interesting than everything following the same style.

/jarmo

I love it. Great to run to. Without the Guns there are no Roses. Thats what makes this band so special.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9242 on: August 26, 2022, 01:53:54 PM »

Without the Guns there are no Roses. Thats what makes this band so special.

That's true.

Usually there's something for everyone. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #9243 on: August 29, 2022, 10:41:18 PM »

Joe Rogan podcast? Have you followed their social media at all?

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Headliner

« Reply #9244 on: August 29, 2022, 10:42:36 PM »

No.

It's something a little different. Reminds me of when they released It's So Easy as the first single from AFD, instead of something that sounds more like the rest of the record.

I always liked that part of GN'R. They don't just make one kind of song. You might not like all of it, but it sure is more interesting than everything following the same style.

/jarmo

Totally agree on that, Jarmo. That is why I love this band as well. I've said it before that my love is coming from and to the not so popular song and hits. Garden of Eden, slow version of You're Crazy and Bad Apples for example. Same goes for Absurd.

I remember when I first heard Bad Apples on the radio before the UYI albums came out and was desperately hoping it wasn't them or it was a joke. That song sucks.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9245 on: August 30, 2022, 03:17:57 AM »

As much as I find Rogan to function as a useful idiot for right wing ideologues, it would certainly be a good move for publicity.

I remember when I first heard Bad Apples on the radio before the UYI albums came out and was desperately hoping it wasn't them or it was a joke. That song sucks.

What's with the hate for Bad Apples? I've never understood it. It's such a groovy main riff, and the one leading into the solo is so unique and creative. It's also the only UYI song that's a full collaborative effort of Slash, Duff, Izzy and Axl. It's the last collaboration of the AFD lineup. I guess the solo is a bit awkward, that's all I can really say bad about it.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9246 on: August 30, 2022, 03:53:30 AM »

No.

/jarmo

Totally agree on that, Jarmo. That is why I love this band as well. I've said it before that my love is coming from and to the not so popular song and hits. Garden of Eden, slow version of You're Crazy and Bad Apples for example. Same goes for Absurd.

Well, I guess it's a personal opinion of yours. I love it.

"...It don't really matter..."
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #9247 on: August 30, 2022, 10:30:39 AM »

I like Bad Apples as well…drags on a bit but it’s a solid rocker.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Headliner

« Reply #9248 on: August 31, 2022, 12:45:38 PM »

I like Bad Apples as well…drags on a bit but it’s a solid rocker.

I liked the rockers like Right Next Door to Hell, Back off Bitch, Don't Damn Me, and Double Talkin' Jive. Love Coma and Dead Horse. It's just this song really bugged me for some reason. Garden, Garden of Eden, Bad Apples, and You Ain't the First felt like filler to me.

Always felt that UYI II with the exception of My World was more consistent track to track.

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9249 on: August 31, 2022, 01:19:31 PM »

Garden of Eden filler? Damn.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9250 on: September 04, 2022, 06:57:53 PM »

The Garden has one of Slash's best solos of all time and Alice freaking Cooper. Not to mention one of their best riffs in the chorus.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #9251 on: September 05, 2022, 04:42:13 PM »

Absolutely the Garden is the most underrated GnR song. Best solo great riff. Killer. Should be played live...not sure why it never is/was a staple
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #9252 on: September 06, 2022, 03:30:45 AM »

Absolutely the Garden is the most underrated GnR song. Best solo great riff. Killer. Should be played live...not sure why it never is/was a staple

It's mainly a west arkeen song, maybe they don't feel it peace . Plus is not a "stadium song" (not a rocker and doesn't have a refrain to sing along), and at the time they had better picks. Good song btw.
 Nowadays too many Chinese Democracy songs to find a right place for the song. Maybe, here and there, they could play it instead of some cover.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 03:36:59 AM by ITARocker » Logged
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #9253 on: September 07, 2022, 06:31:31 PM »

I saw them play The Garden live in Chapel Hill, North Carolina in 1993 I believe….beg to differ because it flat out rocked!

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #9254 on: September 07, 2022, 07:30:53 PM »

The Garden has one of Slash's best solos of all time and Alice freaking Cooper. Not to mention one of their best riffs in the chorus.

It’s my least favorite GNR song maybe of all time , if we don’t count “My World.”  But everything you said above is true.  I have no idea why I continue to skip it for the last 30 years. 
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9255 on: September 08, 2022, 10:58:51 AM »

still no news about the "june singles" Slash talked about some time ago?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9256 on: September 08, 2022, 07:44:05 PM »

still no news about the "june singles" Slash talked about some time ago?

I think it's safe to say they're not coming out in last June....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9257 on: September 10, 2022, 08:39:55 AM »

hihi

hey maybe he talked about june 2023..meh...no...wait...albums still coming at the end of the years?

how many chances have we to got something in november?

could be clean the vaults to old CD material with new parts from Slash & Duff and move on from there to have a fresh start with this line up for 2025

oh well...probably just some more touring...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9258 on: September 10, 2022, 09:24:55 AM »

Ya I really thought that we’d have seen a single by now. A poster on another forum has said that until yesterday, Atlas was showing up on Spotify as being connected to GnR, kinda like how HardSkool was prior to release. It looks like this is no longer the case, but if you search ‘State of G’, GnR pops up so maybe State if Grace is the next single

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #9259 on: September 10, 2022, 08:22:35 PM »

Ya I really thought that we’d have seen a single by now. A poster on another forum has said that until yesterday, Atlas was showing up on Spotify as being connected to GnR, kinda like how HardSkool was prior to release. It looks like this is no longer the case, but if you search ‘State of G’, GnR pops up so maybe State if Grace is the next single

I hope that's the case, I love state of grace

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: