Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:28:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549073 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9260 on: September 10, 2022, 10:59:37 PM »

What's going on with the UYI anniversary boxset?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9261 on: September 12, 2022, 09:49:57 AM »

I wonder who decides which track will be out as a single these days? Axl? management? record company?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9262 on: September 12, 2022, 11:24:55 AM »

I just hope Axl laid down vocals for more than a few tracks, because if his voice is gone, then that's the end. nervous

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #9263 on: September 12, 2022, 01:38:36 PM »

No worries. His voice is still great. Album comes out when it's done and the time is right.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9264 on: September 12, 2022, 05:41:31 PM »

I just hope Axl laid down vocals for more than a few tracks, because if his voice is gone, then that's the end. nervous

The difference between how he sounded on Looney Tunes vs. in concert that same year is night and day. I think he's deliberately saving his voice for recording.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9265 on: September 13, 2022, 07:08:39 AM »

There's also a big difference between using your voice in a studio, in a controlled environment, with breaks and adequate lubrication (and care) vs a 3 hour show where you're running around like a madman, not sipping hot tea (or whatever), and not able to take breaks.

He sounds like he's having some of the same issues he had on the back end of the EU tour.  He needs to drop to the lower register sometimes.

But there are flashes of the old voice in there, too, especially earlier in the shows (from what I've seen).

That, to me, shows it very well may be continued vocal strain and/or "under the weather" issues.  He appears winded quicker, during these shows, too (which you would expect if he wasn't fully recovered from illness).

I don't think we have to worry about his voice in the studio, on recorded material.  Not now, not down the line.  Not yet.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 07:10:35 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #9266 on: September 13, 2022, 10:58:28 PM »

There's also a big difference between using your voice in a studio, in a controlled environment, with breaks and adequate lubrication (and care) vs a 3 hour show where you're running around like a madman, not sipping hot tea (or whatever), and not able to take breaks.

He sounds like he's having some of the same issues he had on the back end of the EU tour.  He needs to drop to the lower register sometimes.

But there are flashes of the old voice in there, too, especially earlier in the shows (from what I've seen).

That, to me, shows it very well may be continued vocal strain and/or "under the weather" issues.  He appears winded quicker, during these shows, too (which you would expect if he wasn't fully recovered from illness).

I don't think we have to worry about his voice in the studio, on recorded material.  Not now, not down the line.  Not yet.
There's no real difference between how he sounds now, and how he has for the last several years.

He's not getting any more winded, really. He has a bunch of songs, like Reckless Life and YCBM, that have really, really long phrases. You combine that with needing more breath support in the higher part of your range, and the live setting, and that is what you observe.

Ali
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9267 on: September 14, 2022, 12:39:53 PM »

There's no real difference between how he sounds now, and how he has for the last several years.

He's not getting any more winded, really. He has a bunch of songs, like Reckless Life and YCBM, that have really, really long phrases. You combine that with needing more breath support in the higher part of your range, and the live setting, and that is what you observe.

Ali

Yeah, I disagree.  I hear some struggles with his breathing and wind in these SA shows, while he's running around, that showed up late in the EU tour that I haven't heard/noticed before.  He shortens some phrases, picks them up late, and the mic has a hard time picking him up sometimes. He'll drop into his lower register, sometimes, too (which is totally about breath control....and something he started doing during the EU shows while sick). And it happens as the show progresses.  He sounded fine early in the Rio show (first 4 songs or so) and then seemed to get a little winded. There's improvement, for sure, from late EU, but I think it's still there.

Again, my supposition isn't there's something wrong with his voice...it's that he's still not 100% recovered from whatever virus or illness he had in EU.  That's pretty typical of upper respiratory disease...it can take 6 to 8 weeks (and sometimes longer) to fully recover.

And my point remains: Your voice is never going to sound, live, for an entire 3 hour show, like it does in a studio.  Totally different environments.  There is zero reason to suppose his voice won't sound great on an album.  Or to compare the "Scooby" recordings with his voice, right now, on stage, midway through a 3 hour marathon. Apples to Space Shuttles.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 12:42:47 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #9268 on: September 15, 2022, 02:56:26 AM »

Ali

Yeah, I disagree.  I hear some struggles with his breathing and wind in these SA shows, while he's running around, that showed up late in the EU tour that I haven't heard/noticed before.  He shortens some phrases, picks them up late, and the mic has a hard time picking him up sometimes. He'll drop into his lower register, sometimes, too (which is totally about breath control....and something he started doing during the EU shows while sick). And it happens as the show progresses.  He sounded fine early in the Rio show (first 4 songs or so) and then seemed to get a little winded. There's improvement, for sure, from late EU, but I think it's still there.

Again, my supposition isn't there's something wrong with his voice...it's that he's still not 100% recovered from whatever virus or illness he had in EU.  That's pretty typical of upper respiratory disease...it can take 6 to 8 weeks (and sometimes longer) to fully recover.

And my point remains: Your voice is never going to sound, live, for an entire 3 hour show, like it does in a studio.  Totally different environments.  There is zero reason to suppose his voice won't sound great on an album.  Or to compare the "Scooby" recordings with his voice, right now, on stage, midway through a 3 hour marathon. Apples to Space Shuttles.

His voice is shot since late 2017. I've been saying this for 5 years. It's not gettin' any better. Now He's 60. There's no coming back from there (talking about live performances), the Axl we used to know had his swan song with ac/dc. Maybe he could have a decent night here and there with lot of luck and efforts. But you know he had no improvement even when he had a lot of rest (covid time). Probably Axl thinks he can go out, perform and that's it, cause basically it worked until 2012 (10 years ago btw) and basically because people go to see him in any case. In 2016 he was back in decent shape with little training but blow out his voice with ac dc and that's it. He probably worked 1 week with the vocal coach to get rid of his recent problems, and for him it was enough. But obviosuly it's not. But the thing is that he doesn't really need a vocal coach now because his voice is really deteriorated. if i was in Axl i would put out the last album as fast as possible. And this voice thing has nothing to do with fulfill stadiums or arenas, casue it will always happen even if he couldn't breath anymore. But chances of having a coming back like in 2006 or even 2016 are close to 0.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 03:09:13 AM by ITARocker » Logged
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9269 on: September 16, 2022, 04:34:57 PM »

if i was in Axl

not sure he would be happy about that  hihi

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #9270 on: September 20, 2022, 09:31:47 PM »

Just a small update, might not mean a thing.

"Going Down" is now listed on ASCAP, as well as a new song called "10%er". Both written by Tommy, with GN'R listed as the performer.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #9271 on: September 21, 2022, 09:11:09 AM »

Nice…Going Down is a great song.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #9272 on: September 21, 2022, 09:48:24 PM »

Maybe Tommy is going to release them on his own??? Just a guess

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9273 on: September 22, 2022, 06:42:47 AM »

Just a small update, might not mean a thing.

"Going Down" is now listed on ASCAP, as well as a new song called "10%er". Both written by Tommy, with GN'R listed as the performer.

that's two, maybe the singles Slash referred to some months ago...

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9274 on: September 22, 2022, 08:03:49 AM »

There’s 4 songs bringing up GnR when searched on Spotify, bit like how HardSkool did prior to release. The songs are Atlas Shrugged, The General, Soul Monster and State of Grace. The jury’s still out whether it actually means anything, but there’s lots of people excited about this (me included!  Grin)

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #9275 on: September 22, 2022, 03:04:12 PM »

There’s 4 songs bringing up GnR when searched on Spotify, bit like how HardSkool did prior to release. The songs are Atlas Shrugged, The General, Soul Monster and State of Grace. The jury’s still out whether it actually means anything, but there’s lots of people excited about this (me included!  Grin)

Combine that, talk of an EP/double EP including rarities, Going Down/10%er turning up on ASCAP, and the lack of the demos on the UYI box set (potentially to be released separately), and it really does feel like something is in the works.
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9276 on: September 23, 2022, 09:51:08 AM »

I’d love to believe this. Just wondering about timing with the new huge box sets being released in November. Would think it would delay new releases until later?
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #9277 on: September 23, 2022, 11:41:15 AM »

Perhaps is now bringing up Guns N' Roses when searched on Spotify, along with Atlas Shrugged, The General, State of Grace, and Soul Monster. For context, searching demos from other bands does not bring up those bands. Similar results came out prior to Hardskool being released (it may be that the band has uploaded new tracks to Spotify in advance of release, and they are slowly propagating across Spotify's servers, hence why some countries were getting results before others). That's not a given, but it's possible something is coming.
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9278 on: September 23, 2022, 02:15:56 PM »

that's a lot of tracks...if it's something, it's possibly an album release...would be a great surprise

Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9279 on: September 23, 2022, 03:00:36 PM »

I have no idea how Spotify works, but could it be that a lot of GNR fans searched for example "Guns N' Roses Atlas Shrugged", etc. and the system associated these titles with GNR even if there's nothing? I hope it's real, but with the release of the UYI box set, I wouldn't expect any single before at least next spring.
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: