Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:23:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1548908 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9280 on: September 23, 2022, 03:29:44 PM »

I have no idea how Spotify works, but could it be that a lot of GNR fans searched for example "Guns N' Roses Atlas Shrugged", etc. and the system associated these titles with GNR even if there's nothing? I hope it's real, but with the release of the UYI box set, I wouldn't expect any single before at least next spring.

I believe (not 100%) that the metatags for bands/song links are expressly stated, not AI driven.

I've done a little work with Spotify, and that's what I remember.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9281 on: September 24, 2022, 03:02:21 AM »

I have no idea how Spotify works, but could it be that a lot of GNR fans searched for example "Guns N' Roses Atlas Shrugged", etc. and the system associated these titles with GNR even if there's nothing? I hope it's real, but with the release of the UYI box set, I wouldn't expect any single before at least next spring.

I believe (not 100%) that the metatags for bands/song links are expressly stated, not AI driven.

Explain this to me like I’m a 2 year old. Does the above mean the recent Spotify search results suggest that we are more, or less likely to see the new tracks being released in the near future?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9282 on: September 24, 2022, 05:09:21 AM »

depends of what you call "near"  hihi

it's good to finally see something about these CD leftovers tracks,
but even if it means "cleaning the vaults" it doesn't mean we'll see
a real collaboration with the guys currently in the band after that.

Slash is not really a songwriter, for what I know Duff never wrote a hit,
and Izzy is out of the picture.

who, in this band, can collaborate with Axl to write songs?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #9283 on: September 24, 2022, 08:06:58 AM »

Explain this to me like I’m a 2 year old. Does the above mean the recent Spotify search results suggest that we are more, or less likely to see the new tracks being released in the near future?

More likely than we were earlier this year. My understanding is Pilfrek is correct so the only way these results turn up on Spotify is if tracks with the corresponding Metadata (song name artist year genre etc) were uploaded there. If the results were just due to GNR fans searching for unreleased songs then the same phenomenon would be seen with other bands. That doesn't appear to be the case.
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #9284 on: September 24, 2022, 01:05:29 PM »

The plot thickens: Zodiac and Wichita Lineman now return GNR as artist in some regions.

Other recent covers don't seem to bring up Guns.

Where I'm at State of Grace is the only one that actually returns GNR currently but it seems to differ by locale.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9285 on: September 24, 2022, 01:10:59 PM »

Songs now bringing up GnR when searched on Spotify:

* The General
* Soul Monster
* State of Grace
* Atlas Shrugged
* Perhaps
* Zodiac
* Thyme

I’m gonna shit a brick in a minute  hihi

gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9286 on: September 24, 2022, 01:48:07 PM »

* The General
* Soul Monster
* State of Grace
* Atlas Shrugged
* Perhaps
* Zodiac
* Thyme

Someone is having fun with us. 😂
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #9287 on: September 24, 2022, 03:45:43 PM »

* The General
* Soul Monster
* State of Grace
* Atlas Shrugged
* Perhaps
* Zodiac
* Thyme

Nothing would be better than a release coming up. But, I am skeptical. I have observed that reports of this have been coming in slowly... If there was an album, and tracks were being prepared on streaming services, why wouldn't all these start to come up in spotify searches at the same time? Instead, one started popping up a few days back, the next one a little later, the last few today. It doesn't make sense to me that they would pop up at different times. If an album was ready, all tracks would be sent over to streaming services at the same time.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9288 on: September 24, 2022, 04:01:37 PM »

unless it's intentional to create some hype, or a technical/legal situation we're not aware of

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #9289 on: September 24, 2022, 04:06:21 PM »

unless it's intentional to create some hype

That would be a very intricate way of doing things. With a big chance of no pay-off.. I would venture to say not worth it. For now, this is known by how many people? In the 100s I would guess.

Sweetness is a virtue
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9290 on: September 24, 2022, 04:16:36 PM »

well, everything spread quickly from hardcore fans to the general public these days with internet & social medias...
everything is scrutated. but yes, I don't see GNR staff using this kind of promotional tactic, it's more a Radiohead thing.

that said, Mustache doesn't appear on Spotify, i'm a bit disappointed hihi

kyrie
Legend

« Reply #9291 on: September 24, 2022, 04:18:55 PM »

* The General
* Soul Monster
* State of Grace
* Atlas Shrugged
* Perhaps
* Zodiac
* Thyme

I’m gonna shit a brick in a minute  hihi

Nothing would be better than a release coming up. But, I am skeptical. I have observed that reports of this have been coming in slowly... If there was an album, and tracks were being prepared on streaming services, why wouldn't all these start to come up in spotify searches at the same time? Instead, one started popping up a few days back, the next one a little later, the last few today. It doesn't make sense to me that they would pop up at different times. If an album was ready, all tracks would be sent over to streaming services at the same time.

Not necessarily, at least not in terms of how Spotify actually works. I've never worked with them but I have worked with Netflix. Netflix uses OCA (OpenConnect Appliances) situated with ISPs around the world to deliver content to customers. Essentially, when a title is released on Netflix, it is mirrored on the local OCAs which is what feeds the content to end users. All Netflix users around the globe aren't just connecting to a central Netflix server, but rather hitting their local cache on the CDN (content distribution network). That's what feeds them the bulk of the titles they're watching. Otherwise you'd have a single point of failure, and a very overloaded server.

I imagine Spotify has similar architecture, or at least some sort of CDN, even though it's just audio. Because its userbase is massive. Now, imagine uploading a new title for release next week. It's going to have to propagate to all those mirrors, which may take some time, and may explain why titles are showing up in some countries before others. It's not as simple, when you talk about a service with global reach, as just uploading the tracks and they magically appear. In the end that's more or less what happens, but the backend stuff is a bit more complex.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #9292 on: September 24, 2022, 04:25:21 PM »

* The General
* Soul Monster
* State of Grace
* Atlas Shrugged
* Perhaps
* Zodiac
* Thyme

Not necessarily, at least not in terms of how Spotify actually works. I've never worked with them but I have worked with Netflix. Netflix uses OCA (OpenConnect Appliances) situated with ISPs around the world to deliver content to customers. Essentially, when a title is released on Netflix, it is mirrored on the local OCAs which is what feeds the content to end users. All Netflix users around the globe aren't just connecting to a central Netflix server, but rather hitting their local cache on the CDN (content distribution network). That's what feeds them the bulk of the titles they're watching. Otherwise you'd have a single point of failure, and a very overloaded server.

I imagine Spotify has similar architecture, or at least some sort of CDN, even though it's just audio. Because its userbase is massive. Now, imagine uploading a new title for release next week. It's going to have to propagate to all those mirrors, which may take some time, and may explain why titles are showing up in some countries before others. It's not as simple, when you talk about a service with global reach, as just uploading the tracks and they magically appear. In the end that's more or less what happens, but the backend stuff is a bit more complex.

You clearly know more about this than me. It was just my simple logic (based on nothing really).

I would love to be totally wrong, and we'll see something new soon.

Sweetness is a virtue
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #9293 on: September 24, 2022, 04:58:43 PM »

It means someone/something not automatic linked those specific songs with the specific artist (GnR).

Beyond that, we don't really KNOW anything.  

Historically speaking, that has happened when songs are about to be released.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #9294 on: September 24, 2022, 05:08:12 PM »

* The General
* Soul Monster
* State of Grace
* Atlas Shrugged
* Perhaps
* Zodiac
* Thyme

I have to be SUPER careful because...you know...NDAs.

But, generally, yes, your assumption about architecture is pretty much correct.

And content is regionalized (like Netflix)....and so is propagation.

Also, Spotify will do this, VERY OFTEN, with coming releases.  You can see little pieces of things, if you know what to look for, that are found without actually seeing the media, itself.  It's not just the metadata, either.  You see this with big releases that have been announced, are obviously preloaded, but can't be accessed until their release date.

I'm not saying that's what's happening here.  It might not be. But the architecture does tend to work that way.

Again, I don't think I'm disclosing anything that isn't generally known and has been generally observed.

And yes, it still could be someone screwing with us (intentionally or not).

Together again,
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9295 on: September 24, 2022, 05:27:59 PM »

I love being a GnR fan  Grin

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #9296 on: September 24, 2022, 07:00:55 PM »

I wish Dexter would log on to clear this up.

Sweetness is a virtue
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #9297 on: September 24, 2022, 11:36:23 PM »

I noticed what others did when I used my wife's Spotify account. But, when I created and used my own...nothing. 🤔

Ali
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #9298 on: September 25, 2022, 08:30:40 PM »

Lets see what happens in that GNR has not released a new single since last year.  It looks promising but I wouldn’t hold your breath. beer

Rizzo160
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #9299 on: September 28, 2022, 08:56:49 AM »

New song at soundcheck? This has been posted on some other boards.

http://sndup.net/dnt6

http://sndup.net/h9cx
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: