Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:59:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549240 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9420 on: December 01, 2022, 10:40:49 AM »

^^ yeah, if that’s what floats your boat (no offence intended)

I have no problem with GnR being a touring band. Shit, I’ll continue going to see them.

I just wish they’d ‘fess up and say that out loud.

What pisses me off is the persistent carrot dangling re new music.

It’s been going on since the reunion and before, for over 10 years in fact.

There’s not a single person on this forum (or ‘elsewhere’) who can realistically refute that fact.

yeah.... 3 albums worth of music in 2001... that was a big fucking carrot.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #9421 on: December 01, 2022, 02:17:54 PM »

Look, bottom line, it was embarrassing to be a GNR fan from 2001 to 2015.  Simply because it was not Guns N' Roses.

Oh sure, we twisted ourselves into pretzels trying to shine up that turd.  Using arguments we would never accept for any other band.  Not without outright laughter in the face of whatever fanbase tried to sell us that same level of shit we ran up the flagpole telling each other about GNR.  How this was not only normal, but somehow awesome.

Since 2016, this is one of the most successful touring operations on Earth.  We can say "that is Guns N' Roses on that stage" and people accept that as reality.  

Quite the change from when we had to try and convince our friends that one of the most iconic bands of our youth was still the same with the Robin Finck and Bumblefoots of the world at the wheel.

Do I wish they made albums?  Sure.  But I can roll with this.  My favorite band of alltime is no longer a punchline, as it was for far, FAR too long.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9422 on: December 01, 2022, 07:11:30 PM »

For the record: Never been embarrassed about being a GN'R fan. No matter what narrative some try to push.   peace

My first visit to here, Australia, happened during that era. Wasn't embarrassed at all.

It wasn't a thing in 1992 when Steven and Izzy were out, nor was it an issue in 2006 etc.... Or 2016! Or today.

Some don't think the current band is GN'R because certain people aren't there. That's fine.

It's life. Some will never be happy. Always "need" something. Whether it's a tour, a new album or someone else to be in the band...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #9423 on: December 02, 2022, 12:22:07 PM »

For the record: Never been embarrassed about being a GN'R fan. No matter what narrative some try to push.   peace

My first visit to here, Australia, happened during that era. Wasn't embarrassed at all.

It wasn't a thing in 1992 when Steven and Izzy were out, nor was it an issue in 2006 etc.... Or 2016! Or today.

Some don't think the current band is GN'R because certain people aren't there. That's fine.

It's life. Some will never be happy. Always "need" something. Whether it's a tour, a new album or someone else to be in the band...

/jarmo

It's not a wild thought to think that having more original members in the band increases their legitimacy. Right or wrong, that's how it is. And it's not just this band. Skid Row would instantly gain more relevancy if Sebastian Bach were to rejoin. Adding Slash and Duff increased GnR's relevancy 1000%...just look at the ticket sales and venues they've played since 2016.

On the new album front, I see Metallica just announced a new album. That's nice.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9424 on: December 02, 2022, 05:58:54 PM »

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to have this amazing line up.

Just saying I enjoyed all eras of the band. Wasn't embarrassed because someone didn't like that particular line up.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9425 on: December 02, 2022, 07:39:46 PM »

Jarmo, nobody here ‘needs’ a new album. We’re fans of the band. We would love for the band we love most to put out something new. The new music ‘carrot’ has been dangled in front of our faces for well over a decade. You might wish to quote Axl’s comments from the China Exchange interview, but that doesn’t negate the plethora of comments made by band members, past and current, both before and after that interview, regarding the prospect of new music. Per my last post, if GnR wishes to become merely a touring band - that’s cool, just come out and say that. I’m sure you’ll have seen the promotion for the next Metallica album and tour. Very exciting and the news has fans very excited. Meanwhile, GnR announces another London show leaving those fans who have Glasgow tickets high and dry.

These are honest comments which a casual observer would have difficulty disagreeing with.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #9426 on: December 05, 2022, 10:21:08 AM »

Jarmo, nobody here ‘needs’ a new album. We’re fans of the band. We would love for the band we love most to put out something new. The new music ‘carrot’ has been dangled in front of our faces for well over a decade. You might wish to quote Axl’s comments from the China Exchange interview, but that doesn’t negate the plethora of comments made by band members, past and current, both before and after that interview, regarding the prospect of new music. Per my last post, if GnR wishes to become merely a touring band - that’s cool, just come out and say that. I’m sure you’ll have seen the promotion for the next Metallica album and tour. Very exciting and the news has fans very excited. Meanwhile, GnR announces another London show leaving those fans who have Glasgow tickets high and dry.

These are honest comments which a casual observer would have difficulty disagreeing with.

This is the only place where fans are attacked and insulted for wanting a new album from their favorite band. It's wild. Cue the strained metaphors and excuse-making in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9427 on: December 05, 2022, 03:00:44 PM »

And cue the "poor me for wanting a new album" posts.....

Tongue hihi

Just kidding. You guys are great.

Wanting something you have zero control over so bad that it (almost) affects your daily lives.

And then when they release new songs, you find something like an earlier version of the song being played live years before as an excuse that it's not new music.

That's pretty amazing!

Meanwhile, some of us just enjoy the ride and whenever the new music arrives, we'll enjoy it. Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9428 on: December 05, 2022, 03:53:00 PM »

For the record: Never been embarrassed about being a GN'R fan. No matter what narrative some try to push.   peace

On of these days, god willing, you will realize that a guy that flies on the plane and sits on the side of stage has a somewhat different take than the rest of the class.

No one expects you to bite the hand the feeds.  But try and keep some perspective here, guy.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9429 on: December 05, 2022, 04:00:19 PM »

It's not a wild thought to think that having more original members in the band increases their legitimacy. Right or wrong, that's how it is. And it's not just this band. Skid Row would instantly gain more relevancy if Sebastian Bach were to rejoin. Adding Slash and Duff increased GnR's relevancy 1000%...just look at the ticket sales and venues they've played since 2016.

Being a GNR fan from 2001 to 1015 was like being a diehard fan of a once great franchise that made a number of bad coaching hires and poor front office moves.

Think of it like the Dallas Cowboys or Notre Dame football.  Their fans talk about a growing more distant yesteryear like it just happened yesterday.  Because the current state of affairs ain't great.

That was us.

Look, I never tried to shine up that turd of an era.  It was the Island Of Misfit Toys.  It was "Guns N' Roses" simple because one guy and one guy only had the legal authority to say so.

People asked me all throughout and I responded honestly :

Q : How is the new music?
A : Good, not great.  A few real standouts though. 

Q : Does it sound like Guns N' Roses?
A : Not the Guns N' Roses you know.

Q : Do you hear a hit on there?
A : I do not.  There is one tune called 'Better' which is Axl's strongest vocal of the bunch and pretty catchy.  But it's not going to supplant 'Paradise City' for anyone.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9430 on: December 05, 2022, 06:35:40 PM »

On of these days, god willing, you will realize that a guy that flies on the plane and sits on the side of stage has a somewhat different take than the rest of the class.

No one expects you to bite the hand the feeds.  But try and keep some perspective here, guy.

Just because you're surrounded by people who agree with you, doesn't mean the whole world outside your bubble is the same. Smiley

/jarmo

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #9431 on: December 05, 2022, 07:05:25 PM »

I also don’t ride on the plane or sit on the side of the stage(unfortunately haha)  but I largely agree with Jarmo over the years when it comes to this subject.

The era that you are embarrassed by had some of the best shows I’ve ever seen by the band. Albany 02, MSG 02(20 years ago today I believe) the Hammerstein shows in 2006 , Ritz 2012, were all great moments in the bands history.  Big fan of Chinese Democracy as well.

I’ve been a fan for 30 years, the Illusions and that line up will always be my favorite era of the band.  When Slash and Duff came back I flew out to Vegas for it ( something I’ve never come close to doing for any other band ) so I understand your passion for a particular era, but there are a lot of great moments over the years that I wouldn’t dismiss so easily.  
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 07:08:39 PM by Bodhi » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9432 on: December 05, 2022, 07:07:28 PM »

Just because you're surrounded by people who agree with you, doesn't mean the whole world outside your bubble is the same. Smiley

/jarmo

Hey look, Jarmo...there goes the point.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9433 on: December 05, 2022, 07:08:56 PM »

The era that you are embarrassed by had some of the best shows I’ve ever seen by the band. Albany 02, MSG 02(20 years ago today I believe) the Hammerstein shows in 2006 were all great moments in the bands history.  Big fan of Chinese Democracy as well.

Know what are good shows?  I just gave one of them a play, just last week.

Those 4 far east shows in December 2009.  Really, really solid.

McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #9434 on: December 05, 2022, 08:28:10 PM »

25 year fan.
Guns n Roses changed my life.
Not hyperbole.

They are why I sing.
They’re why I’m in radio.
Why I love music.

For 25 years,
They’ve been my favorite band.
Never a question.

Appetite? Obsessed.
Years waiting for “Illusion”?
Interminable.

And worth it. No doubt.
Now, here is the blasphemy.
Ears open? Ready?

Favorite album?
It’s “Chinese Democracy”.
No hesitation.

I‘m a hardcore fan
If ever one existed.
Never been cheated,

Misled, or lied to.
I’ve gotten what I’ve paid for…
Far more, honestly.

The band is the band.
And they don’t owe us a thing.
Not one goddamn thing.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #9435 on: December 06, 2022, 03:36:15 PM »

Tongue hihi

Wanting something you have zero control over so bad that it (almost) affects your daily lives.

And then when they release new songs, you find something like an earlier version of the song being played live years before as an excuse that it's not new music.

That's pretty amazing!

Meanwhile, some of us just enjoy the ride and whenever the new music arrives, we'll enjoy it. Smiley

/jarmo

1--It doesn't come close to impacting my daily life. Not even .0001%. That is another outlandish, hyperbolic thing you throw out there to discredit people who would like a new album. You should really stop it.

2--I want new songs. Absurd was fucking awful. Hard Skool was Think About You level. Ok. Not great. The fact that after 6 years the reformed G n' R can't write brand new music is something that is worthy of criticism. It's pathetic honestly. Their peers from that era are still producing new music, not refurbished retreads. All valid criticism.

Your inability to step outside of your own privileged shoes and accept that people can have valid criticisms of the band without being the enemy is unfortunate. People can be fans and also recognize the massive creative shortcomings of this once great band.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9436 on: December 06, 2022, 05:57:22 PM »

^^ nice post 👍

Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #9437 on: December 06, 2022, 06:39:04 PM »

Tongue hihi

That's pretty amazing!

/jarmo

1--It doesn't come close to impacting my daily life. Not even .0001%. That is another outlandish, hyperbolic thing you throw out there to discredit people who would like a new album. You should really stop it.

2--I want new songs. Absurd was fucking awful. Hard Skool was Think About You level. Ok. Not great. The fact that after 6 years the reformed G n' R can't write brand new music is something that is worthy of criticism. It's pathetic honestly. Their peers from that era are still producing new music, not refurbished retreads. All valid criticism.

Your inability to step outside of your own privileged shoes and accept that people can have valid criticisms of the band without being the enemy is unfortunate. People can be fans and also recognize the massive creative shortcomings of this once great band.

Totally agree. What's the point of us being here anyway? It's not like our lives depend on a new GNR album, but this is a place we like to hang out and discuss about the band, and the lack of new releases should bother any fan, regardless of whether you like the 2000-2015 era or not.

If you think about it, in 3 years this band will be 40 years old, and, if nothing changes, by then they will have released:

- 5 studio albums. One of them being Lies, which has 4 songs that had already been released and the other one is a cover album.

- 2 new songs, one of them being Absurd, which really fucking sucks. Really, anyone listens to that anymore?

One album every 8 years. The creative production of this band is pathetic, to say the least, it's not a matter of opinion anymore.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9438 on: December 06, 2022, 07:10:26 PM »

1. Great!

2. Awesome! Basically you want new songs even though what you really want isn't that generic. You want new songs that were written within a certain time span by certain individuals.

Others here really don't put that much focus on when, and by who, a song was written. If it's released and we didn't have it before, it's "new".... Other than that, listen and enjoy it. Or don't.

In this case, if the option was to release something that was already written and almost ready, rather than start from scratch and maybe have nothing fully finished by the time the tour started, the first option seems logical.

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9439 on: December 07, 2022, 08:30:46 AM »

I’d comfortably put myself in the ‘happy with whatever Guns puts out’ camp. I really enjoyed Absurd and HardSkool. My only grip is that it’s already been 14 months since the latter of those two releases. My understanding of the general idea of the band was to drip feed singles and then follow those up with a composite album. There’s still no sign that new singles are incoming (save for the mysterious Spotify ‘X-files’ that I noticed 2 months ago). At this rate, the eventual album might be a decade away (or more!). I’ve had a few personal tragedies over the past 18-24 months and, if anything, those events have impressed upon me the realisation that we have to take each day as a gift. Life is short. The more time we’re waiting for new singles/an album, the less time we have to enjoy them. It’s as simple as that. My life isn’t dependent upon new music from GnR, but new music from the band surely makes my life that much more enjoyable.

Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: