Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:34:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  20/05/12 - Liverpool, UK @ Liverpool Echo Arena
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 20/05/12 - Liverpool, UK @ Liverpool Echo Arena  (Read 36875 times)
its_so_easy
Rocker

axl rose is back!!!

« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2012, 07:40:24 AM »

Wish we could have an update on that fall. I was there, It really wasnt nice to watch. It didnt look like he moved after he fell for a long time. Im not wanting to scare people but it wasnt nice. It didnt just look like a slip. An update would be cool to be honest. There was a lot of worried faces around me walking down the stairs. Couldnt stop to make sure as was being pushed down the stairs by people wanting to get out!!! Hope hes ok....Great show by the way. Wasnt full but people I talked to they were all highly positive of the show.

Im pretty sure he tripped over and he didnt move..dont know if he was hurt or just embarrassed but he didnt move while the lights were still on..

Good fuckin night
deadtotheworld
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2012, 07:44:18 AM »

I loved every minute, i always do when i see them, i feel like everytime i see them they all feel more and more comfortable and it shows in their performances.
Although i havent read the above review, it doesnt surprise me that there are negative reviews and even this morning telling people that i saw GnR last night, they are all 'yeah but its not the original guys is it'. Id like to see a one off the original line up, but full time I wouldnt swap the current line up for anything... Ive never seen such a great band not get the credit they deserve.
This show was in my home city, so naturally friends of friends were working at the Echo Arena and have told people who never saw the show that Axl was backstage shouting at the staff, being a dickhead to everyone, totally drunk, was so drunk that he fell onstage and is such a primaddona that he waited for his entourage to carry him off the stage, was being a dickhead so much that they had to work extra hours cos they went on so late etc etc.  i can try and defend Axl and the band till im blue in the face but it just doesnt seem to make any difference - where does this bullshit come from, because ive heard a few things and all have been completely different. Nobody has come up to me and said 'I heard GnR were on fire last night for an almost 3 hour show' why is it always bullshit rumours that circulate!
daveh
Opening Act

Love for GN'R since 1987, whatever the line-up

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2012, 08:48:53 AM »

Totally agree, I didn't see them in Liverpool but saw them the night before in Nottingham and they were superb, I honestly believe that they are the best live band in the world at the moment. Too many people pull the band down for not being the original line up ect but if people actually took time to appreciate the amount of work that goes in on stage then they would love the show.

Leeds 2002, Sheffield 2006, Leeds 2010, Manchester 2010, Nottingham 2012, Birmingham 2012, Manchester 2012
lassie4ever
Headliner

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2012, 09:23:25 AM »

I loved every minute, i always do when i see them, i feel like everytime i see them they all feel more and more comfortable and it shows in their performances.
Although i havent read the above review, it doesnt surprise me that there are negative reviews and even this morning telling people that i saw GnR last night, they are all 'yeah but its not the original guys is it'. Id like to see a one off the original line up, but full time I wouldnt swap the current line up for anything... Ive never seen such a great band not get the credit they deserve.
This show was in my home city, so naturally friends of friends were working at the Echo Arena and have told people who never saw the show that Axl was backstage shouting at the staff, being a dickhead to everyone, totally drunk, was so drunk that he fell onstage and is such a primaddona that he waited for his entourage to carry him off the stage, was being a dickhead so much that they had to work extra hours cos they went on so late etc etc.  i can try and defend Axl and the band till im blue in the face but it just doesnt seem to make any difference - where does this bullshit come from, because ive heard a few things and all have been completely different. Nobody has come up to me and said 'I heard GnR were on fire last night for an almost 3 hour show' why is it always bullshit rumours that circulate!

so if i read this correct your "friends" of friends  all have different stories ... looks obvious to me it's again easier to trash talk then to be positive about Guns n Roses .... shame it's always the same shit.

luckily we all know better here !
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2012, 09:34:16 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150977472964948.486541.545104947&type=1

There's my photos guys, loved the show, better set list tonight for me, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2012, 10:13:58 AM »

Nice pics Nightrained, thanx for sharing!

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2012, 11:18:52 AM »

Awesome show!!!!

Felt bad for Ashba after he climbed the fence on the left hand side of the stage an gave a salut to some guy who was stood on one of the balconys by the bottom of the steps, only to receive a "wanker" hand gesture back off him? DJ replied with a subtle "FUCK YOU" but I just can't understand why the dick head bought a ticket in the first place???
Ashba seemed to stay over the right hand side for the rest of the show thanks to that prat!!!!
What I don't get is the guy was dancing an loving the show from beginning to end? Fucking TOOL!!!!

Anyway, show was awesome!!!! Axl's vocals were a bit drowned out by the guitars where we were sitting but still sounded
Epic!!!!

Saw Katrina and fell in love haha

What was with all the girls stood infront of the stage? They came in just before the show started? All dolled up then showered in cups of booze?

Oh.....and the Axl Fall Incident?.....I laughed.....a lot!!!..... But I hope he was ok?
All I saw was Axl walking backwards then he dissapeared and 2 cowboy boots appeared in thin air?? I hope he laughed about it coz it was pure comedy

THANKS GN'R for yet again, another great show!!!

And to the tool flipping off Ashba, I hope your stuck in your shitty job today while DJ's up on stage in front of thousands, solo'ing an gettin paid tons to do it!!! Who's the wanker now eh!!!! Wink

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2012, 11:42:58 AM »

amazing gig last night, one of the best of the 9 times i've seen them.
problem was i was so drunk i can't remember a lot of it, 1st half is just a blur. i don't even remember him stopping Jungle, will have to watch the clip.
i do remember the fall, he was walking backwards off the stage acknowledging the crowd and just tripped over backwards on something, i didnt see him get up so hope he is ok.
got some good pics on my phone but don't know how to put them on here (?)

"Nothing to bitch at today!"
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2012, 11:58:05 AM »

Does anyone have a link to Bumbles solo? Thx

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2012, 01:00:21 PM »

video of axl falling over
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZY2_mgkX0A#ws
looks painful :| and straight onto his thigh :/

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2012, 02:38:02 PM »

Anyway, show was awesome!!!! Axl's vocals were a bit drowned out by the guitars where we were sitting but still sounded

It seems like this happens quite often nowadays, i keep wondering why?

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2012, 02:40:38 PM »

AXL ROSE Falls On Stage In Liverpool; Video Available - May 21, 2012

GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose fell last night (Sunday, May 20) while leaving the stage after performing the final song of the band's set in Liverpool, England. Axl was apparently walking backwards and waving the crowd goodbye after the group finished playing "Paradise City" at the Echo Arena and tripped on what appeared to be either a piece of equipment or a set of steps that led from the main floor to the drum-riser floor.

Two separate fan-filmed video clips capturing the incident from different angles can be seen below.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=174288

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
diego
VIP

« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2012, 03:29:03 PM »

I?m sorry for you, not sorry for me...
badapplex
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2012, 04:34:17 PM »

Would anyone be able to post any pictures of merch they got from these shows?? I saw one and it looked like they had some awesome new Axl/GNR posters.Oh,and also that tour program! PLEASE. That thing looks stellar. Must find one.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2012, 05:09:06 PM »

Would anyone be able to post any pictures of merch they got from these shows?? I saw one and it looked like they had some awesome new Axl/GNR posters.Oh,and also that tour program! PLEASE. That thing looks stellar. Must find one.
I have pics of the posters, a couple of tshirts, the programe and wristband but dunno how to post pics?
I can email em to you if u wanna post the pics for me Wink
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:11:27 PM by MR W,AXL ROSE » Logged

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2012, 05:55:46 PM »

Awesome!

I liked the Liverpool show better than Nottingham.

Almost three hours of rock n' roll. Great crowd too.

I hope the rest of the UK are ready....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
badapplex
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2012, 06:42:50 PM »

I have pics of the posters, a couple of tshirts, the programe and wristband but dunno how to post pics?
I can email em to you if u wanna post the pics for me Wink

Oh,awesome! Would you PLEASE e-mail the pics ya have at Raygiordanox@hotmail.com?  Thanks so much!
diego
VIP

« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2012, 09:06:42 PM »

diego
VIP

« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2012, 09:08:05 PM »

diego
VIP

« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2012, 09:10:14 PM »