Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:56:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Private Show Tonight - Saint-Tropez, France
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Private Show Tonight - Saint-Tropez, France  (Read 38909 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2012, 03:02:47 PM »

Love? You mean money?:d
I don't give a fuck about GNR playing on weddings, but it's such a shame how they treat Ron and rest of the band...
How is that exactly? I'm unsure what you are referring to. Can you please explain how the band is treated?

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2012, 03:32:53 PM »

IZZY STRADLIN Performs With GUNS N' ROSES In Saint-Tropez - July 22, 2012

Ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Izzy Stradlin joined his former band on stage last night (Saturday, July 21) to perform almost a dozen songs during a last-minute concert at a private wedding in Saint-Tropez, France. Izzy and the current lineup of GN'R reportedly played the following tracks: "You're Crazy", "Welcome To The Jungle", "It's So Easy", "Mr. Brownstone", "Used To Love Her", "14 Years", "Dead Flowers", "Nightrain", "Patience", "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" and "Paradise City". Also performed last night ? without Stradlin ? were the songs "This I Love", "Rocket Queen", "Estranged", "Live And Let Die", "Street Of Dreams", "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Don't Cry",

After the show, GUNS N' ROSES guitarist DJ Ashba tweeted, "Just finished playing a private concert in St. Tropez, France. It was great having Izzy back on stage with us."

Fellow GN'R axeman Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal appeared less enthused about the prospect of playing a surprise concert, tweeting before the show, "Wow. Diverted without info (or gear or clothes or sleep) to play a wedding in France. Yep. Guess it's not *one show left*." He added, "Crew working dangerously nonstop due to added show. Not ok with that..."

Afterwards, Thal tweeted, "That was actually fun as fuck & everybody was so sweet Smiley"

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=177096

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Annie
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2012, 03:39:25 PM »

I think this is awesome and I'm glad Ron ended up having a great time! How cool for the bride and groom to have GNR at their wedding singine THIS I LOVE!!!! love
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2012, 04:04:50 PM »

Strange that Izzy was there?

No, not at all.

It was a little fun relaxed surprise show in somebody's garden.

A contrast to the arena and stadium shows.

It was amazing to see the band play in that kind of setting.

Wired and stripped down in a small place.

What a day! But everybody pulled it off!  ok

/jarmo

Well I admit it would have been stranger if Elvis had turned up...but you know what I mean! Who's wedding was it? No need for names but a friend of Axl's?
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2012, 04:19:22 PM »

I don't give a fuck about GNR playing on weddings, but it's such a shame how they treat Ron and rest of the band...
How is that exactly? I'm unsure what you are referring to. Can you please explain how the band is treated?

Ali

Bumblefoot tweeted before the concert he was not happy about doing it, and tha tthe crew were overworked and tired, or something like that-afterward he said it was fun, but he is obviously in extreme pain-I think if he had a choice he would not have done it.

libertad
Ali
Legend

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2012, 04:26:42 PM »

Ali
i

Bumblefoot tweeted before the concert he was not happy about doing it, and tha tthe crew were overworked and tired, or something like that-afterward he said it was fun, but he is obviously in extreme pain-I think if he had a choice he would not have done it.
I am aware of that tweet. But, Ron was referring to the crew, not the band. El_loko referred to how they "treat Ron and the rest of band". So, I'm not clear what he was referring to and I was asking for clarification.

Ali
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2012, 04:38:09 PM »

Ron was taking a shot at the management of the band, it souds like-said they were diverted without info, sleep, clothes, or gear.

libertad
el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2012, 04:40:34 PM »

"Drained of passion & desire, way too many nails in the coffin on this tour. Need to get home & recharge my batteries. Love you all Smiley"
"Wow. Diverted without info (or gear or clothes or sleep) to play a wedding in France. Yep. Guess it's not *one show left*... "
"?@Lucas_McKagan: what's the next step with Guns N' Roses?" Playing Bar Mitzvahs I guess... "
"?@Robjames09: Want me to take your place? Thought not.? Any time kid. You can have the busted neck and needles in your fucking spine. "
"Success without a feeling of integrity, or happiness, is not success. To me. We all have to re-evaluate our compromises once in a while... "

It's not only about crew, GNR start touring so Ron couldn't do all recovery. Now whehe he's tired as hell, and in big pain, nobody give a fuck about him and rest of band, booking show in the last moment. I understand, bands play for money and this his job. But IMO this situation wasn't fair. And this is only my opinion from what I saw in Rybnik and what I hear now.

Xpensivewinozzz
Opening Act

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2012, 06:29:18 PM »

WHO told you life was fair ...... THEY LIED  Tongue

If I could afford it I would definately book them, especially if I could choose the setlist  Grin
Ali
Legend

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2012, 06:33:11 PM »

Ron was taking a shot at the management of the band, it souds like-said they were diverted without info, sleep, clothes, or gear.
If they didn't have gear, then how the hell did they play the show?

Regardless, I don't see any specific reference to the treatment of "the band" by Ron. The crew, yes, the band? Not that I can see.

Ali
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2012, 06:52:05 PM »

I think BBF should keep tweets like that too himself. If something is bothering him he should keep it in house or within the bands circle. No job is a stress free job, and thinking you only have one more show left then get told you have to do one more must be mentally taxing. But I'm not a fan of openly complaining, some things should stay in house.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 06:54:08 PM by GnR-NOW » Logged

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2012, 08:14:24 PM »

Did izzy replace Ron onstage? Some odd selections for a wedding.
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2012, 08:39:06 PM »

I think BBF should keep tweets like that too himself. If something is bothering him he should keep it in house or within the bands circle. No job is a stress free job, and thinking you only have one more show left then get told you have to do one more must be mentally taxing. But I'm not a fan of openly complaining, some things should stay in house.

Complaining about not being a fan of complaining...

CD will be out when it's out. ....
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2012, 08:48:55 PM »

Regardless, I don't see any specific reference to the treatment of "the band" by Ron. The crew, yes, the band? Not that I can see.

Ali

Ron never said anything about the band-he mentioned the crew and himself-as far as gear, I would imagine they found guitars, drums, ect. in France.

libertad
Ali
Legend

« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2012, 09:06:53 PM »

Ali

Ron never said anything about the band-he mentioned the crew and himself-as far as gear, I would imagine they found guitars, drums, ect. in France.

The bolded/italicized portion is exactly my point.

Ali
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2012, 09:28:45 PM »

Ali

The bolded/italicized portion is exactly my point.

Ali

Neither did I-thanks for clearing that up.

libertad
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2012, 11:11:40 PM »

Complaining about not being a fan of complaining...

I'm sure all of the guys are dead tired ... They've been a touring machine, plus doing 3 hour shows is amazing. I just think there's a way to vent if you're frustrated. I'm just one of those guys that when there's a problem or something you're not happy about you keep those things in house.

The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »

Was this show a kind of a 'friends favor' thing or were they asked (paid) by some (rich) dude as a surprise gift to the wedding couple? Does anybody know?
In fact, does anyone knows who got married? (as one previously mentioned, I am laso not so interested in the name, but rather in the 'type' of persons)
Doesn't seem to be your average wedding party when fucking Guns N' Roses is performing!   hihi

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2012, 10:25:45 AM »

Did izzy replace Ron onstage? Some odd selections for a wedding.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2012, 06:28:12 PM »

I really like Ron but I do think tweeting that stuff shows a lack of professionalism
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: