Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:21:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Private Show Tonight - Saint-Tropez, France
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Private Show Tonight - Saint-Tropez, France  (Read 38949 times)
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2012, 02:06:51 PM »

People reacted differently, yes. So what? Some have the balls to post and complain about it.

I know how Ron, a band member found out about the show. He mentioned that. He needs to rest more because he's hurt, and his injury is serious. You know that, I know you do. Being in constant pain sucks and finding out that you must do a gig without proper sleep, gear and preparation sucks even more. And when you have a spinal injury...that sucks eeeeven more. And whe  you find out about a surprise show when you are resting to d the next show...that sucks so fkn much. I'm just saying how I would feel, I certainly aint speaking for him - that is my own opinion, cool?

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2012, 02:10:44 PM »

Bruno, why do you care more about this situation than Ron? Guess what, Jarmo WAS apart of the crew Ron was talking about, and if things are all cool with him, fernando who were actually there and actually know Ron then I don't see the point in arguing?

You are basing your opinions on a situation that you weren't in against someone who was in that situation. Ron has tweeted since and it all seems like water under the bridge, and they played 2 shows since, so where's the problem?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2012, 02:27:36 PM »

People reacted differently, yes. So what? Some have the balls to post and complain about it.

Seriously? It's not about balls.

Tweeting takes balls?

I know how Ron, a band member found out about the show. He mentioned that.

So you read his tweet and that's how you know.

Everybody found out the same way.

Not a big deal to most, a big deal for one.

He needs to rest more because he's hurt, and his injury is serious. You know that, I know you do.

Yes. But I'm saying, other people were injured as well.

So without a medical background, your post is just based on your personal sympathies, nothing more.

Being in constant pain sucks and finding out that you must do a gig without proper sleep, gear and preparation sucks even more.

Yes it sucks to be in pain.

Without proper sleep?

We checked out of the hotel in the afternoon. If he couldn't get sleep between the Benicassim gig and checking out, that had nothing to do with the Saint-Tropez show. Sorry, but that's a fact.

Without gear? He was playing his own gear. We just didn't bring all the cases with us, for obvious reasons.

And when you have a spinal injury...that sucks eeeeven more. And whe  you find out about a surprise show when you are resting to d the next show...that sucks so fkn much. I'm just saying how I would feel, I certainly aint speaking for him - that is my own opinion, cool?

An injury is an injury. No matter what it is. It sucks. Everybody should be healthy in a perfect world.

Regardless, people were injured on the tour and only one guy made his feelings on doing this show public by using Twitter.

I totally get Bumblefoot fans defending him. But that's only his point of view. I don't even know if he felt the same way after the show. He tweeted that he had fun.... So....

Besides, the "outrage" by some is pretty silly if you ask me. Come on. Like nobody's ever been asked to come in to work on a Saturday when they were leaving work on Friday? Or asked to work late one evening. That never happens does it? Oh no. That kind of things never happen in the real world....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 02:43:23 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2012, 02:31:27 PM »

Ron was pissed and vented over a social media network.  Ron's situation sucks because he's in a lot of pain, but so is the rest of the band.  None of them are in their 20's anymore and they have toured their ass off.  He shouldn't of tweeted what he did. It does show a lack of proffesionalism, sure he can tweet what he wants but I believe he didnt have to go as far as he did and even management seems a little bummed in his actions. I do believe GnR treats their road crew very well or as standard as the next big rock band out there. Those crew guys are most likely union guys and the union dont fuck much around.  It's like any job and they love what they do, but they are burnt out and are ready for a break.

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2012, 02:51:51 PM »

Also, I don't remember Ron specifically talking about his pain in his tweets, just his frustration on doing another show??
Bumblefoot
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2012, 03:08:11 PM »

<< Without gear? He was playing his own gear. We just didn't bring all the cases with us, for obvious reasons. >>

C'mon man, don't make me out to be a liar.  Sad  I had no fretless guitars, didn't have my amps, pedals & FX, I played on 1 guitar & a rental amp with no knowledge of what any of it would actually be.  The show went fine of course (I can modify what I do on the fly to fit whatever gear limits there are) but the only thing of my gear I had that I use at GNR shows was my guitar.
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2012, 03:09:08 PM »

Bumblefoot
Oh geez... seems some people are blaming Axl for the difficult logistics the crew had at the end of the tour with the extra gig thrown in. Allllways blamin' the singer.... my fault, I went on a twitter rant Tongue (www.twitter.com/bumblefoot/status/226815415882493952) He doesn't plot out the travel itineraries between shows, not how it works. The planners did the best they could to make everything happen, was just no way to make it easy on the crew. On a positive, once upon a time tours had canceled shows, now they have added shows... so there. Smiley Thank you all again for being such great audiences everywhere we went Smiley Made a lot of new friends that I hope I'll be seeing soon....... Smiley

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Bumblefoot
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2012, 03:11:35 PM »

(I'm mad at Jarmo because he was my 'man date' for half the tour and then I got dumped for Del....)   hihi
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2012, 03:13:54 PM »

(I'm mad at Jarmo because he was my 'man date' for half the tour and then I got dumped for Del....)   hihi

ahaha right on ok  keep rocking dude!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »

Hey Bumble!!

How's it going?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bumblefoot
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2012, 03:15:45 PM »

"Uh, Ron, Weren't you with your wife for half the tour?"  

NO!  I mean, YES but...   eh, forget it.    Smiley

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2012, 03:18:59 PM »

<< Without gear? He was playing his own gear. We just didn't bring all the cases with us, for obvious reasons. >>

C'mon man, don't make me out to be a liar.  Sad  I had no fretless guitars, didn't have my amps, pedals & FX, I played on 1 guitar & a rental amp with no knowledge of what any of it would actually be.  The show went fine of course (I can modify what I do on the fly to fit whatever gear limits there are) but the only thing of my gear I had that I use at GNR shows was my guitar.

And guitar picks? Wink

Thanks for the clarification, sorry for the confusion. I remember seeing a bunch of guitars, I thought you had more than one.

I thought the show was amazing, considering all the limitations. Made it really special!

I can't compete with Jen!

Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2012, 03:22:32 PM »

How come no mention of the couple that got married? Is it anyone we've heard of? 

LuanVictor
Headliner

« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2012, 03:23:13 PM »

Hey Bumble, thanks so fuckin' much again for this tour! Cheesy
Bumblefoot
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2012, 03:23:32 PM »

<< I can't compete with Jen! >>

Well,  love Jen  love doesn't like Indian food....   and she can't whistle her S's like Herbert the Pervert (Family Guy)   
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2012, 03:25:16 PM »

Ron, could you shed some light on the plans ahead? Richard mentioned some studio time now after the tour..

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2012, 03:26:14 PM »

How come no mention of the couple that got married? Is it anyone we've heard of? 

It was their wedding, I'm sure if they wanted to talk about it, they would.

<< I can't compete with Jen! >>

Well,  love Jen  love doesn't like Indian food....   and she can't whistle her S's like Herbert the Pervert (Family Guy)   

Sssspicccy Ssspanisssh sssaussagess on Sssaturdayssss...  Wink

/jarmo

Bumblefoot
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2012, 03:26:33 PM »

And guitar picks? Wink

No, I had to borrow this sushi tray and use that as a giant pick....

Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2012, 03:28:34 PM »

I totally get Bumblefoot fans defending him. But that's only his point of view. I don't even know if he felt the same way after the show. He tweeted that he had fun.... So....
No, not really. I was speaking my mind, being a Ron fan or not. He had a great time, no doubt, and I'm not going any further with this, but things got pretty fucked up at that point.

And to the guy claiming to be Bumblefoot... who the fuck needs fretless guitars? They suck anyway. I mean, they don't even have frets, how are you even supposed to play in tune with that shit? confused

EDIT:  rofl at the guitar pick
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 03:30:27 PM by Bruno Poeys » Logged

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Bumblefoot
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2012, 03:32:27 PM »

<< could you shed some light on the plans ahead? Richard mentioned some studio time now after the tour.. >>

More doctors, more treatments, more side-effects, more depression, more lawyers.....  and peachy sunny tweets.   Grin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: