Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:30:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Private Show Tonight - Saint-Tropez, France
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Private Show Tonight - Saint-Tropez, France  (Read 38940 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2012, 03:35:34 PM »

<< could you shed some light on the plans ahead? Richard mentioned some studio time now after the tour.. >>

More doctors, more treatments, more side-effects, more depression, more lawyers.....  and peachy sunny tweets.   Grin

Nice to see your humour hasn't faded!

I hope your treatments give good results so you may avoid the depressions.  Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bumblefoot
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2012, 03:40:50 PM »

OK folks, gonna play with my rolls of belly fat (side-effects, yaaaaay...)    Enjoy the weekend  Smiley   Ron
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2012, 03:43:30 PM »

Have a nice week-end and recover the way you deserve!!!
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2012, 03:53:10 PM »

Band members read the forums.  nervous
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2012, 04:10:15 PM »

Band members read the forums.  nervous

Why be nervous?   

eragon
Rocker

« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2012, 05:10:20 PM »

An injury is an injury. No matter what it is. It sucks. Everybody should be healthy in a perfect world.

/jarmo

Bollocks. Ron needs his back to stand straight and carry his guitar for about 2,5 hours/show. Did you ever had a serious back injury Jarmo? If so you would know what Ron has gone trough during the concerts.
Need4Meat
Opening Act

« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2012, 05:14:27 PM »

Was there no footage from the private show?
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2012, 05:35:06 PM »

Wow. It's been HOT in here. Amazing how Bumblefoot comes in and cool the place down. That should settle the court right?

If you missed your picks Bumble, I can comfort you with that I miss your pick too....My fiancee got one, but we forgot it at our room in Milano  Cry

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »

OK folks, gonna play with my rolls of belly fat (side-effects, yaaaaay...)    Enjoy the weekend  Smiley   Ron

Rons always good for some banter... Grin Grin Grin

Seriously though Ron, I hope you sort out all of the health issues that are impeding you at the moment.  Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2012, 05:48:27 PM »

An injury is an injury. No matter what it is. It sucks. Everybody should be healthy in a perfect world.

/jarmo

Bollocks. Ron needs his back to stand straight and carry his guitar for about 2,5 hours/show. Did you ever had a serious back injury Jarmo? If so you would know what Ron has gone trough during the concerts.

Seriously. You're rating injuries in order of importance now?

So injuring a hand isn't as bad, or injuring a leg?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dippadai123
Opening Act

« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2012, 06:27:49 PM »

broken leg, twitched ankle, stuff that heals in no time are way different from chronic pain issues. pain itself can be worse, but it gets better with right treatment and time. When you have serious spine issues for example, its rest or your life, sometimes bad sometimes little easier, but always there(I would assume). me having a permanent inner ear damage for 20 fucking years, its not painful really, but I`m dizzy as hell 24/7. ruined my life totally.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 06:30:00 PM by dippadai123 » Logged
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2012, 07:00:44 PM »

When you have serious spine issues for example, its rest or your life, sometimes bad sometimes little easier, but always there(I would assume).

I DON'T DOUBT RON IS STILL SUFFERING FROM HIS CAR ACCIDENT so maybe he should think twice before doing moves like this every show so eragon n' dippadai123 don't look like asses in their posts.

June 24, 2012 - Dessel, Belgium @ Graspop Metal Meeting

P.S.  IMO Beta n' co. did an AWESOME job in their first OFFICIAL management gig!!!  beer

P.P.S.  for more AWESOME tour pics 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gnrtour/ 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2012, 07:23:36 PM »

When you have serious spine issues for example, its rest or your life, sometimes bad sometimes little easier, but always there(I would assume).

I DON'T DOUBT RON IS STILL SUFFERING FROM HIS CAR ACCIDENT so maybe he should think twice before doing moves like this every show so eragon n' dippadai123 don't look like asses in their posts.

P.S.  IMO Beta n' co. did an AWESOME job in their first OFFICIAL management gig!!!  beer

do you know that this move hurts Ron's back? can you speak for him, are you his doctor?

maybe you should think twice before posting assumptions so that you don't look like an ass.

for all we know, this move could stretch his back out and feel good for his back.... ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2012, 07:28:21 PM »

broken leg, twitched ankle, stuff that heals in no time are way different from chronic pain issues. pain itself can be worse, but it gets better with right treatment and time. When you have serious spine issues for example, its rest or your life, sometimes bad sometimes little easier, but always there(I would assume). me having a permanent inner ear damage for 20 fucking years, its not painful really, but I`m dizzy as hell 24/7. ruined my life totally.

Sure.

But how does it affect you being able to do your job?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but both would make it more difficult.

The point I was trying to make, which was ignored, is that people were hurt during the tour. These injuries made it more of a challenge to pull of the three hour shows.

I made no remarks about whether or not these injuries will affect the persons' lives for the next month, year or forever.

I have no idea about that.

maybe you should think twice before posting assumptions so that you don't look like an ass.

Hello...

for all we know, this move could stretch his back out and feel good for his back.... ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dippadai123
Opening Act

« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2012, 07:37:14 PM »

Sure.

The point I was trying to make, which was ignored, is that people were hurt during the tour. These injuries made it more of a challenge to pull of the three hour shows.

I made no remarks about whether or not these injuries will affect the persons' lives for the next month, year or forever.

Hello...

/jarmo

yeah, I agree. pain is pain, acute or chronic or whatever, especially when you have a show to do. I just feel sympathy for Ron from what I`ve heard/read about the condition. must be hard to be in one of the biggest band in a world, living a dream maybe, and then having the fucking pain that kinda ruins it all. Just guessing...
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2012, 07:55:21 PM »

Sure.

Hello...

/jarmo

With bands, the adrenaline can mask the pain, and there's things they can take to help heal up that athletes wouldn't be able to. I'm sure some of them say "I'm too old for this shit" when they're dragging ass out of bed. Have to keep in mind how long Tommy and Axl in particular were banging around on stage, that's 30 years of banging around, in Axl's case, slamming into the stage on his knees singing, I'm surprised he didn't get knee replacement surgery by now.

I'm sure the road crew get pretty banged up from the crawling, loading, unloading, setting up, breaking down, getting scorched by pyros, etc.

Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2012, 02:43:20 AM »

Youre crazy w izzy. Jungle w izzy, easy w izzy, brownstone w izzy, used to love her w izzy, this I love, 
14 years w izzy, dead flowers w izzy, jam/rocket queen, estranged, live and let die, street of dreams, sweet child o mine, don't cry, Nightrain with izzy, Patience w izzy, Heavens door w izzy, paradise city with izzy

/jarmo

Since this thread is still going, I would like to say that I saw them in Toulon and thought the show was actually too long. Too many jams, solos, intros... I'd much rather they stick to the songs, the way they apparently did in Saint-Trop'.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2012, 06:35:14 AM »

do you know that this move hurts Ron's back? can you speak for him, are you his doctor?

Spinal pain is a difficult one to explain.  I had both a posterial and anterial fusion (two rods and 6 45mm screws from the outside and 6 25mm screws from inside my body where my intestines had to pulled out first) and live day to day on Tramodil.  Some days I am wreaked, I can barely move and other days I can be fighting fit and hold my own against people half my age and at their peak in fitness terms.

The pain is always there.  It's how you deal with it that is the problem.  You plan your moves, times for meds and mentally prepare yourself for each day, a sudden change (such as an extra show) will throw you a curve ball, it will mess with you both physically and mentally.  My business failed in 2009 and having lost my life savings I needed to get what work I could.  A metal work yard was downsizing and I was given 5 weeks work (along with another guy) in shifting their stock to smaller premises, whilst the employees continued with a contract that they had fabricating a harbour gangway system.  It was a case of needs must, and took the risk to get the money I needed to pay the bills.  Guess what, with meditation each morning and being sensible in how I did the job I was able to get in the right mind-set to complete the job and was subsequently offered more work.  The point I'm making is Ron has clearly worked out what does and doesn't work for him.  He has clearly worked out how to manage his issues and on hearing of another show, I'm guessing this disrupted his coping mechanisms and when they get thrown as this gig did, it can often take days to get back to a state of mind where you are in more control of your pain.

BBF is a top guy and an asset to a top band, he is also a human that goes a long way to appreciating what ordinary fans go through to see him and the others play, doesn't put himself first much to his detriment I'd say.  When the fans ask for those autographs, photos and hugs, he isn't thinking about himself and probably isn't helping his own healing.  In truth, he possibly has extended the suffering he endures by making sure the fans get their trophy, the guy needs a break and an opportunity to build his own physical fitness to get the core strength back.  A carbon fibre twin-neck might help also....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2012, 07:33:04 AM »

Hello...

/jarmo

that was my point Jarmo!  yes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2012, 10:16:28 AM »

You have a point?  Tongue

Unbelievable.

The point I'm making is Ron has clearly worked out what does and doesn't work for him.  He has clearly worked out how to manage his issues and on hearing of another show, I'm guessing this disrupted his coping mechanisms and when they get thrown as this gig did, it can often take days to get back to a state of mind where you are in more control of your pain.

Yes. That's a possibility.

But my point is that the same applied to others. Everybody got the news at the same time. 

It was an extra show, and with that comes all the preparations that are needed for all people involved. No matter if it's physical or getting equipment ready to be used and so on.

Yes I know it's a serious injury and I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: