Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:11:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Pollstar.com Confirms India Tour
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pollstar.com Confirms India Tour  (Read 5066 times)
jtopicz1
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: August 10, 2012, 04:34:17 PM »

Pollstar.com (a pretty reliable source) has confirmed the following Gn'R dates:

Gurgaon, India - Palace Grounds - 12/5/12
Mumbai, India - Johnny Walker One Tree Music Fest - 12/7/12
Bangalore, India - TBA - 12/9/12
Estranged85
Rocker

Why must it drift away and die?

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 04:54:45 PM »

I guess the rumor was true then.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 05:58:44 PM »

I want to see GNR again more then ever, I just hope they have a long enough break before going out on tour again smoking

axlismygod
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 10:54:20 PM »

a new Asia tour Huh peace
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 01:21:42 AM »

damn.... guess Axl isn't coming to my wedding!
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 01:39:08 AM »

THAT is cool. India is one of those fast-growing economies, and with bigger population than USA and Europe (together) that should open for a HUGE concert/music marked.

India deserves Guns n' Roses  ok

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 12:23:29 PM »

Haven't we seen this same story before?  Troy Patrick, he was in a band with Dizzy back when he played at that college.  I think this story came out around that time too.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 07:03:10 PM »

Pollstar just gathers dates it finds online and adds to database.

For instance: it had a Soundgarden tribute band listed as SOUNDGARDEN playing in the NJ/NY area a few months back. I thought it was a secret show Soundgarden was throwing, come to find out they are NOT a reliable source.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 01:06:09 AM »

For instance: it had a Soundgarden tribute band listed as SOUNDGARDEN playing in the NJ/NY area a few months back. I thought it was a secret show Soundgarden was throwing, come to find out they are NOT a reliable source.
Fair enough, but were these 3 dates posted somewhere else where they took them from?  This is the first I've seen the actual dates and venues listed, so that's why I ask.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 09:00:02 AM »

Why would this be any confirmation in any way? It is not. Of course rumours like these tend to be true so something is likely to happen. Whether that's good or bad I don't know.
jtopicz1
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 09:47:23 AM »

Ok. In all fairness a listing on Pollstar does NOT qualify as "without a doubt, confirmed."

That said, Pollstar is a fairly large, reliable US-based music "trade journal" type organization. They do not merely scour the internet for dates and post them.

Typically, Pollstar will only list dates that have been confirmed by one of their industry sources, such as a promoter, artist, venue, etc.

They are fairly well respected, and seldom wrong, but not perfect.

I would compare Pollstar's reliability as being just a shade under the dates appearing on Ticketmaster.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 10:31:50 AM »

Fair enough, but were these 3 dates posted somewhere else where they took them from?  This is the first I've seen the actual dates and venues listed, so that's why I ask.

I believe there was an article written "confirming" it like the Rock in Rio confirmation..rumors.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 01:39:51 PM »

I believe there was an article written "confirming" it like the Rock in Rio confirmation..rumors.
There was, but I don't think the article gave specific dates and venues for the shows, which Pollstar did.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 03:15:07 PM »

There was, but I don't think the article gave specific dates and venues for the shows, which Pollstar did.

Hmm, anyways ... I'd take this as nothing more than a rumor. Pollstar can be good but odds are that it's pure hear say and guessing.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 05:00:40 PM »

Hmm, anyways ... I'd take this as nothing more than a rumor. Pollstar can be good but odds are that it's pure hear say and guessing.

Guessing??  You think Pollstar chose those dates out of thin air?  I have been using Pollstar for probably over a decade now and I think I only found one time where they were not accurate. 
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 09:24:33 PM »

Guessing??  You think Pollstar chose those dates out of thin air?  I have been using Pollstar for probably over a decade now and I think I only found one time where they were not accurate. 

I do, in essence.

I think whoever adds dates to Pollstar saw it listed online somewhere in an article or message board and posted it as a date.

As I mentioned the Soundgarden mix up before, there have been numerous times I have caught it being wrong - that being the latest.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: