Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:45:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Exclusive: Axl Rose on GNR, truce and writer's block
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Exclusive: Axl Rose on GNR, truce and writer's block  (Read 13758 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 12:18:54 PM »

Strange to see him talking shit about duff after they patched things up, but the truth has to come out i suppose. i just dunno if Duff would be that kind of person.

Regardless

i love this quote and i haven't written in here in ages but this has to be the best axl quote in a long time

Fans who discount GNR as less legitimate than the original: "They can think whatever they want. I'm not interested in their opinions."

He did not shit on Duff, he answered the reason why he stopped writing for a long time. He does not have a problem with Duff at all. He was asked a question and he answered.
I certainly did not take it as he having a problem with Duff.  I thought it was more along the lines of the stuff that was going on in his life and how it affected his ability to write.  

Ali
imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 12:35:59 PM »

^My two cents on the above spat - I remember reading a Baz quote a couple of months ago that when he talks to Axl, Duff gets mad and when he talks to Duff, Axl gets mad.  So if you believe that - then there still might be some friction... but seriously what difference does it make?  This isn't really big news.

I can assure you that Axl never got mad at Baz for talking to Duff and I don't see Duff getting mad at Baz for talking to Axl. There is no friction between them. Each one is doing their thing. I am sure Baz was joking.

Well he may have been joking and I hope he was - but just so people don't think I'm making stuff up, the quote was:

?When I stick up for Axl, Duff gets mad at me. When I stick up for Duff, Axl gets mad at me. It?s totally true.?

And the full article is at:

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/sebastian-bach-caught-in-guns-nroses-crossfire/

I got a headache like a mother - twice the price of my thrills
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 02:08:36 PM »

Great read.

Of course some get a bit upset when Axl answers questions and the answer isn't to their liking....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
beta
B12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 02:40:32 PM »

^My two cents on the above spat - I remember reading a Baz quote a couple of months ago that when he talks to Axl, Duff gets mad and when he talks to Duff, Axl gets mad.  So if you believe that - then there still might be some friction... but seriously what difference does it make?  This isn't really big news.

I can assure you that Axl never got mad at Baz for talking to Duff and I don't see Duff getting mad at Baz for talking to Axl. There is no friction between them. Each one is doing their thing. I am sure Baz was joking.

Well he may have been joking and I hope he was - but just so people don't think I'm making stuff up, the quote was:

I never said you were making things up, I was more assuring that whatever Baz said is not a reality.

?When I stick up for Axl, Duff gets mad at me. When I stick up for Duff, Axl gets mad at me. It?s totally true.?

And the full article is at:

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/sebastian-bach-caught-in-guns-nroses-crossfire/
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2012, 02:46:41 PM »

Great read.

Of course some get a bit upset when Axl answers questions and the answer isn't to their liking....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

I don't think it's whether people liked or not liked it. I think people are just misinterpreting some of the things Axl commented on.
adamwolff11
Opening Act

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 02:54:17 PM »

This really is a great interview.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 03:12:27 PM »

The man has done two interviews in a week and a bunch of "fans" are all upset over even little thing about both of them. And people wonder why Axl stays away from interviews.  hihi

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 03:25:40 PM »

I would like to see more interviews like this to be honest, ones which asks questions that fans want to be asked. And as long as Axl has time to think about the answers rather than it being a live radio interview or something, he don't seem to mind answering questions as personal or 'on the spot' as these.

I know that even Axl has his limits about what he's comfortable answering, but I feel alot of people are sometimes scared to even ask. As a fan, I enjoyed the Kimmel interview much more than the Talking Metal one, simply because Eddie seemed on edge all the time, as if he was afraid to ask 'the wrong' thing. Where as Jimmy was laid back and seemed comfortable asking Axl questions, and I felt that Axl had alot more fun because of the 'feel' of the interview also.

Hope Axl considers carrying on these interviews, they are fun to read.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 03:27:41 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 04:50:17 PM »

I would like to see more interviews like this to be honest, ones which asks questions that fans want to be asked. And as long as Axl has time to think about the answers rather than it being a live radio interview or something, he don't seem to mind answering questions as personal or 'on the spot' as these.

I know that even Axl has his limits about what he's comfortable answering, but I feel alot of people are sometimes scared to even ask. As a fan, I enjoyed the Kimmel interview much more than the Talking Metal one, simply because Eddie seemed on edge all the time, as if he was afraid to ask 'the wrong' thing. Where as Jimmy was laid back and seemed comfortable asking Axl questions, and I felt that Axl had alot more fun because of the 'feel' of the interview also.

Hope Axl considers carrying on these interviews, they are fun to read.

Couldn't agree more, Eddie however it has to be said was the first in a very long time to get an interview, so could see how this would impact on his line of questioning.  Eddie was the "tentative toe in the water" to Jimmy's "wade into the water" if you see what I mean.  As for the Duff and Axl disagreements of the mid 90's.  Both Axl has said and Duff also (words to the effect) that they were of a mindset that was both about looking after themselves and that, for whatever reason, weren't in the best place to be making the decisions for the continuation of the UYI's line-up.  Nobody has taken umbridge in regards in both Axl's and Duff's version of their truth and as such they are able to continue a friendship that is comparable to the Axl/Izzy one. 

One thing that stand tall in their friendship is that they haven't gotten into a public war of words.  That can't be said of two of the other band members of the AFD line-up, who have history in regards making capital from their "insider" knowledge of Axl and have voiced this to service their own agenda. 

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Estranged85
Rocker

Why must it drift away and die?

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2012, 05:14:36 PM »

I enjoyed reading this interview a lot. Axl was honest and he answered the questions many fans are interested in.

As a huge animal lover it made me happy to read about Axl's zoo and that his animals are his buddies  Grin I've always thought people who love animals and takes care of them are very loving and emotional people  ok
imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2012, 05:14:36 PM »

Great read.

/jarmo

I don't think it's whether people liked or not liked it. I think people are just misinterpreting some of the things Axl commented on.

In my defense - I wasn't even commenting on the interview, I was just trying to figure out why faldor 'had a vibe' that there may be something amiss between Duff & Axl, but Beta cleared that up.   peace

I'm just happy he's doing some interviews finally ... I was not happy when he was out of the limelight for so long.

I got a headache like a mother - twice the price of my thrills
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2012, 05:25:12 PM »

Great read.

/jarmo

It's not exactly a matter of the answer not being to somebody's liking. I just wish the interviews didn't have to go to that place about tension with former members. But I understand Axl gets asked a question and answers so that's where it goes unfortunately.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2012, 05:54:50 PM »

Finally a Fucking Great Interview.... Finally!

Been wanting to read an interview like this for years... good god!

Liked what Axl had to say!  ok

I don't think Axl is that negative about a reunion, i think he feels that there were people that didn't respect him and owes him an apology and didn't, and i think that's what made the whole reuniting thing back in 1997,98 look like an impossible thing to do.

If Slash went to Axl's house today (sober), i think they would end up having a good talk and dinner together, and they would patch up things.

The reunion is more about Izzy... Izzy is nowhere to be found, of all the members he seems like the one who has never been interested in a Guns N'Roses reunion, cause he just wants to do his own thing... and what would a reunion mean without Izzy...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:02:18 PM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2012, 06:09:39 PM »

I don't think Axl is that negative about a reunion, i think he feels that there were people that didn't respect him and owes him an apology and didn't, and i think that's what made the whole reuniting thing back in 1997,98 look like an impossible thing to do.

If Slash went to Axl's house today (sober), i think they would end up having a good talk and dinner together, and they would patch up things.

The reunion is more about Izzy... Izzy is nowhere to be found, of all the members he seems like the one who has never been interested in a Guns N'Roses reunion, cause he just wants to do his own thing... and what would a reunion mean without Izzy...

I'm not really sure how your reading that into what Axl said.. Axl gas repeatedly made his stance on Slash & a reunion clear. He called the man a cancer and said he would not share a stage with him again. I don't think dinner is on anyone's mind.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2012, 06:11:42 PM »

Now, you sure can speculate.
What? Its more about Izzy? He is the one that HAVE reunited with GNR, and often show up with the band.  

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2012, 06:18:53 PM »

im starting to get tired of this reunion subject.

im perfectly happy with gnr today and i dont want to see any of them sellout (yes i think it would be a big sellout)

and even if a reunion would happen it would be far from what it was 20 years ago

however i think ?ts great that some old guys do special appaerences.

and i dont really ?care what slash is doing these days.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Estranged85
Rocker

Why must it drift away and die?

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2012, 06:21:17 PM »

im starting to get tired of this reunion subject.

im perfectly happy with gnr today and i dont want to see any of them sellout (yes i think it would be a big sellout)

and even if a reunion would happen it would be far from what it was 20 years ago

however i think ?ts great that some old guys do special appaerences.

and i dont really ?care what slash is doing these days.

I agree with all of this
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 06:23:57 PM »

Fucking bullshit. Ass wipe go fuck yourself. A deluded wanker who should go play with the fucking traffic. I guess you are the living memory of Slash's last fix, if bullshit were brains you'd still have an IQ of 3...

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 06:45:18 PM »

Great to (finally) read an interview with the man. Axl is a bear!
 ok
 peace

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 06:47:34 PM »

Where the fuck do you get all this from?

People like you shouldn't be allowed to own a keyboard. Go live in your delusional fantasy world and stop making shit up already.

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: