Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 04:37:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228032 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 430496 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #660 on: March 11, 2014, 05:48:35 PM »

This band need real professionals to manage them and yes that is what it all boil down to.

Because in the past the band released so many concert films? Meaning, films without the old band. No they didn't!

What has that got to do with anything? This film was announced.

And was that comment really only about this one thing?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #661 on: March 11, 2014, 05:49:29 PM »

This band need real professionals to manage them and yes that is what it all boil down to.

Because in the past the band released so many concert films? Meaning, films without the old band. No they didn't!

The band members have never been as consistent in every way as they are today.
There has never been a better time for GNR to release something
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #662 on: March 11, 2014, 05:51:13 PM »

The general "dream" that other management would've made it magically appear in cinemas.

The fact remains, all the so called "proper" managers didn't manage to get any movie release either. Isn't that ironic?

Just because management called out a few fans, doesn't mean you have to dislike them. Don't worry, if you're not part of that click, we won't make fun of you.  ok

The band members have never been as consistent in every way as they are today.
There has never been a better time for GNR to release something

Sure.
So even though there's a lot of things going on in the GN'R world, some of you buy into the idea that the band needs "real managers". Some of whom have been tried and not associated with the band anymore...

I get that some of you only repeat the line because you know "real managers" are interested in fulfilling your ultimate dream of that reunion. I get it.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:53:03 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #663 on: March 11, 2014, 05:52:01 PM »

Jarmo, can't you ever find it in you just to let some of these guys vent now and again?

They are already playing by your rules and not crossing lines that aren't intended to be crossed.

People are frustrated today after this latest setback.  Can't you just let them talk it out with other fans?  Where's the harm?  

You can't even give people an afternoon without reflexively lecturing them?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #664 on: March 11, 2014, 05:53:18 PM »

Wow, Jarmo don't start getting all keyboard warrior with me. I'm trying to sound important?? Give me a fucking break. I'm just voicing my opinion.

If you can't admit that moments like this are pretty embarrassing then I'm afraid your in denial.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #665 on: March 11, 2014, 05:54:05 PM »

I'm not sure that touting the fact that this management team was able to dangle a theater/blu-ray release in front on the fans, only to snatch it away at the 11th hour is a worthwhile boast.

Almost going the distance is not going the distance.  It isn't the first time something like this has happened either.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #666 on: March 11, 2014, 05:56:00 PM »

It remains that this is the SECOND aborted cinema release by the band!!

They have no excuses for not getting it right this time

They had their test run and pissed a lot of fans off at the same time and now 2 years later we suffer the same faith without even an explanation
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #667 on: March 11, 2014, 05:56:28 PM »

Just because management called out a few fans, doesn't mean you have to dislike them. Don't worry, if you're not part of that click, we won't make fun of you.  ok

"we"??

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #668 on: March 11, 2014, 05:59:05 PM »

Wow, Jarmo don't start getting all keyboard warrior with me. I'm trying to sound important?? Give me a fucking break. I'm just voicing my opinion.

If you can't admit that moments like this are pretty embarrassing then I'm afraid your in denial.

Sorry, but after reading a few of these "real managers" posts, you start feeling like some are only repeating what others say to sound important.
Plenty of those people have come and gone, but it seems irrelevant or forgotten for some reason. Having a working relationship for decades with the artist seems to be ignored.

I'm not embarrassed for something I know nothing about.....  Smiley

"we"??

Yeah, AdZ and myself.  Cheesy
Not you or sofine11. You guys can go to that other site and make laugh all you want. Now run over there and tell them what I posted.... Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #669 on: March 11, 2014, 05:59:45 PM »

I get that some of you only repeat the line because you know "real managers" are interested in fulfilling your ultimate dream of that reunion. I get it.

Is this fair?

Who here has said a word about reunion?  I see a bunch of folks unhappy that a new release with the current band is not happening.

Where is the reunion angle there?

Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #670 on: March 11, 2014, 05:59:49 PM »

Rockfeul confirmed its to do with he "reps of the original lineup"

Slashy isnt going to make this easy if he couldn't release his DVD in america and got snubbed at HOF, cancers comments..etc

I can see this ball being played out of GNR's hands now.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #671 on: March 11, 2014, 06:01:07 PM »

Not you or sofine11. You guys can go to that other site and make laugh all you want. Now run over there and tell them what I posted.... Wink

Well, it's...always nice to meet a fan.

Plus side, if you read my stuff over there, it should be obvious how respectful I am of your rules here, huh?

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #672 on: March 11, 2014, 06:01:14 PM »

Again i go back to Metallica who released a hugely successful 3d film. GN'R actually announced theirs first but now still can't even deliver a release.

The credits of 'Through the Never' went to show how many people are behind the Metallica machine. I'm sorry and I may be wrong- but my hunch is an inexperienced management company like team Brazil is not doing our favourite band any real favours.  Cliff Burnstein and Peter Mensch (Metallica's management) were managing AC/DC at the age of 26 and are now one of the biggest management companies in the world. I'm of the opinion that is what a BIG band needs.

I'm not blaming the band.... But the business people are messing up.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #673 on: March 11, 2014, 06:01:57 PM »

Sorry, but after reading a few of these "real managers" posts, you start feeling like some are only repeating what others say to sound important.
Plenty of those people have come and gone, but it seems irrelevant or forgotten for some reason. Having a working relationship for decades with the artist seems to be ignored.

I'm not embarrassed for something I know nothing about.....  Smiley

"we"??

Yeah, AdZ and myself.  Cheesy

/jarmo

Christ, you really have an oddly high opinion of yourself, as I don't recall posting about you in recent memory.  I'd dial it back just a tad, as everything I've said here is perfectly valid.  Not sure why you're attacking me here.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #674 on: March 11, 2014, 06:02:47 PM »

Who here has said a word about reunion?  I see a bunch of folks unhappy that a new release with the current band is not happening.

Come on.
"I read the Internet, I know what's going on".  Wink

Where?

/jarmo

slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #675 on: March 11, 2014, 06:04:01 PM »

Sure.
So even though there's a lot of things going on in the GN'R world, some of you buy into the idea that the band needs "real managers". Some of whom have been tried and not associated with the band anymore...

/jarmo

Why would you assume and put words in my mouth?
No here one is annoyed at the fact that the old band isn't together any more.
This is about doing a job, I dont want a nostalgic greatest hits tour by the old band.
What people want is new content from the current band so why hide behind reunion fears?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #676 on: March 11, 2014, 06:05:01 PM »

Come on.
"I read the Internet, I know what's going on".  Wink

A few weeks ago, you told me you don't read other sites.  Now you say you do.

This concert film release was happening as of this morning.  Now its not.

Its been one topsy turvy day.

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #677 on: March 11, 2014, 06:06:53 PM »

Slashy isnt going to make this easy if he couldn't release his DVD in america and got snubbed at HOF, cancers comments..etc

I can see this ball being played out of GNR's hands now.

Where is this confirmation??
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #678 on: March 11, 2014, 06:07:08 PM »

Where?

It was just posted at that other site.  That you do or do not read.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #679 on: March 11, 2014, 06:11:34 PM »

Why would you assume and put words in my mouth?
No here one is annoyed at the fact that the old band isn't together any more.
This is about doing a job, I dont want a nostalgic greatest hits tour by the old band.
What people want is new content from the current band so why hide behind reunion fears?

My point was: A bunch of people have something against management for some weird reason. Considering the band has been more solid and more active than in the past, still some have something against management. What's the reason(s)? Could it be the fact that they have spoken out against certain fans? Could be something else. It makes you think.

So every time I see these posts, I can't help to think that the person might just be repeating the standard line about the band needing "real management".
If that bugs you, sorry!

A few weeks ago, you told me you don't read other sites.  Now you say you do.

I did? What sites?
I read Facebook, Twitter, BBC and F1.com... Does that count?

True, there's a bunch of sites I don't read unless somebody points out something funny/amusing/interesting to me...  Smiley

The quote itself was a little joke.... I believe an actual quote.

doing that on other sites is also a no no?  It's obviously monitored.

No, it's just funny when you guys act one way here and then post something about it elsewhere...
Sometimes people point these things out to me, and it's funny what you can see....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 06:42:22 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: