Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:21:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 430870 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #920 on: May 06, 2014, 02:00:49 PM »

The track list shows that it dosent include

The Blacklight Jesus of Transylvania

No Quarter  crying

Ballad Of Death

no

I hope that it will be in the dvd bonus section.

At least the information on the wiki page is so detailed  that the dude who made it seems to know more than us...

Eh, I leave all that silly nonsense off all of my bootleg playlists anyway.  No skin off my nose.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #921 on: May 06, 2014, 03:00:51 PM »

Wondering if it's the synch licensing for the cover/jams that could be holding things up.

Yes, we know Dylan KOHD and McCartney LALD have been licensed by GNR previously.

If going by Wiki song list, there's also Dark Side by Waters, Seeker by Townsend or Neil Young's song. And let's say if No Quarter is in there, then Page. This is not just a mechanical license.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #922 on: May 06, 2014, 03:48:50 PM »

UPDATE:

New official site for the Appetite For Democracy 3D live concert film is now live at http://gnr3dmovie.com/

The movie is coming to cinemas all over the world in March/April and a home video release on DVD/Blu-ray is to be announced.

In cinemas:

Argentina: March 24
Mexico: April 16
Central America: April 17
Brazil: April 22

UK & Ireland: April 3
Spain: April 3
Holland: April 3
Malta: April 3
Denmark: April 7 
Finland: April 8, 10, 23
Latvia: April 9
Lithuania: April 9

/jarmo

Did it play in any of these countries?  Has anyone seen it?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #923 on: May 06, 2014, 05:07:18 PM »

UPDATE:

New official site for the Appetite For Democracy 3D live concert film is now live at http://gnr3dmovie.com/

The movie is coming to cinemas all over the world in March/April and a home video release on DVD/Blu-ray is to be announced.

In cinemas:

Argentina: March 24
Mexico: April 16
Central America: April 17
Brazil: April 22

UK & Ireland: April 3
Spain: April 3
Holland: April 3
Malta: April 3
Denmark: April 7 
Finland: April 8, 10, 23
Latvia: April 9
Lithuania: April 9

/jarmo

Did it play in any of these countries?  Has anyone seen it?

These plans all went to hell when the brain surgeons handling the release discover 2 weeks before, they don't have everyone signed off on the thing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #924 on: May 06, 2014, 05:34:42 PM »

These plans all went to hell when the brain surgeons handling the release discover 2 weeks before, they don't have everyone signed off on the thing.

We're getting that from Rocket Fuel Media?  Right?

After 47 pages of people guessing why it's not out -- maybe Guns N' Roses management could issue a brief statement/post/tweet as to the status of the project.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #925 on: May 06, 2014, 05:45:03 PM »

After 47 pages of people guessing why it's not out -- maybe Guns N' Roses management could issue a brief statement/post/tweet as to the status of the project.

That's assuming keeping the fans informed is on current managements "to do list".   Undecided
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #926 on: May 06, 2014, 06:16:25 PM »

Oh yeah, there're all about that.  Haha.

A statement came out there was a problem with former members.  No clarification.  There was an obvious segment that jumped to kill Slash doing it as payback for his DVD and the shit Axl pulled.  Which led to some reflexive Axl bashing.

I said if Slash came in at the last second and tripled his figure at the 11th hour, that's a dick move.  Ditto Axl trying to undercut Slash at the last minute.  Also wrong.

But, to me, the problem here is Rock Fuel.  Its just been amateur hour this whole time.  This is just the latest botch job.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #927 on: May 06, 2014, 06:27:23 PM »

Maybe there's a reason GN'R hasn't been hyping this movie on their social media or official web site. Neither has their record company.

Instead we've had the production company hyping it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #928 on: May 06, 2014, 06:35:39 PM »

This reads like a press release, promoting the upcoming Las Vegas residency.

GUNS N' ROSES: 'Appetite For Democracy' 3D Film Coming To Theaters, DVD, Blu-Ray

March 2, 2014

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-democracy-3d-film-coming-to-theaters-dvd-blu-ray/

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #929 on: May 06, 2014, 06:45:19 PM »

Sure it does.
But it's not put out by GN'R or their record company...

Still, look at the official web site and tell me where on it you find that press release.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #930 on: May 06, 2014, 06:51:00 PM »

So Rocket Fuel is issuing press releases and promoting this video all on their own without the knowledge or approval of management?

That doesn't make sense.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #931 on: May 06, 2014, 07:00:11 PM »

Maybe there's a reason GN'R hasn't been hyping this movie on their social media or official web site. Neither has their record company.

Instead we've had the production company hyping it.

True.

Them not promoting their own work and leaving it to someone else, definite red flag with this band. 

We just have to hope its nothing serious.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #932 on: May 06, 2014, 07:19:04 PM »

So Rocket Fuel is issuing press releases and promoting this video all on their own without the knowledge or approval of management?

That doesn't make sense.

Those are your words.

Please answer the question though. Have you seen any news about this from the band or their record company (who should be the one releasing it like anything else officially released by GN'R)?

Because I haven't.
Maybe they just don't start promoting things that aren't set in stone.

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #933 on: May 06, 2014, 07:31:11 PM »

Please answer the question though. Have you seen any news about this from the band or their record company (who should be the one releasing it like anything else officially released by GN'R)?

/jarmo

I would have no way of knowing if GN'R' publicist issued a press release to the media. 

Now your turn.  Does this make sense?

So Rocket Fuel is issuing press releases and promoting this video and the upcoming residency all on their own without the knowledge or approval of management?

cineater
Legend

« Reply #934 on: May 06, 2014, 07:35:22 PM »

Yeah I don't get that.  Why isn't the band offering us some shelter if this is nonsense?  Where's the attorney with the cease and desist letter?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #935 on: May 06, 2014, 07:48:52 PM »

I would have no way of knowing if GN'R' publicist issued a press release to the media.

You're avoiding the question. Which is common practice when you don't wanna answer something. Smiley

So Rocket Fuel is issuing press releases and promoting this video and the upcoming residency all on their own without the knowledge or approval of management?

I would have no way of knowing if Rocket Fuel issued a press release to the media.

Oh wait, I'm not gonna say that.... My real answer is, that Blabbermouth article could be copied and pasted from the movie web site. Nothing in it has quotes from the band or people involved, which is something you often see in press releases.
So, therefore, I don't believe the article you linked to is an actual press release. Especially not written by anybody speaking on behalf of Guns N' Roses.

That's my belief, and you're welcome to answer my original question at your own leisure.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #936 on: May 06, 2014, 08:00:11 PM »

Yeah I don't get that.  Why isn't the band offering us some shelter if this is nonsense?  Where's the attorney with the cease and desist letter?

You know the drilll.

GNR is the aggrieved party.  Once again conspired against, betrayed, and generally disrespected.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #937 on: May 06, 2014, 08:00:44 PM »

You're avoiding the question. Which is common practice when you don't wanna answer something. Smiley

/jarmo

I'm not avoiding the question.  I haven't seen it on Guns N' Roses' site.  But that doesn't mean GN'R' publicist didn't send it out to the media. Huh

I would have no way of knowing if Rocket Fuel issued a press release to the media.

/jarmo

You're avoiding my question.  Which is common practice when you don't wanna answer something. Smiley

Does it make any sense that Rocket Fuel is issuing press releases -- and/or promoting this video and upcoming residency all on their own without the knowledge or approval of management?

« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:11:18 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #938 on: May 06, 2014, 08:24:54 PM »

I'm not avoiding the question.  I haven't seen it on Guns N' Roses' site.  But that doesn't mean GN'R' publicist didn't send it out to the media. Huh

And if it was, why isn't it on the official web site?

Does it make any sense that Rocket Fuel is issuing press releases -- and/or promoting this video and upcoming residency all on their own without the knowledge or approval of management?

Sorry, I already answered your question.

Your question is hypothetical. I don't think that's an actual press release so I don't think anybody put out a press release! Whether or not it makes sense to put out press releases that I don't think anybody put out, and therefore making it non-existent. Well... That's a philosophical question isn't it? Wink

Until proven otherwise, I think that's a copy and paste from the movie's web site. Done in order to have a news article to post.

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #939 on: May 06, 2014, 08:35:43 PM »

So we're to believe that this company, Rocket Fuel, is just out there all on their own, promoting the video, using Guns N' Roses images, setting release dates that have come and gone -- all without the knowledge and approval of Guns N' Roses management.

Something doesn't make sense here.  That's the part you didn't answer.

Like cineater said -- if this isn't "set in stone" why doesn't the band put an end to it until it is.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: