Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:47:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 426858 times)
donaltduck313
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #720 on: March 12, 2014, 10:01:27 AM »

I just tweeted Slash to get over himself and stop blocking shit for GNR fans. He should apologize to GNR fans and GNR on live tv.

If it wasn't for that greedy, self centered piece of shit I believe we would have 2 bluray's by now (O2 and Vegas) and a new album in 2010.

ha ha thats nice one ;-) u are our local hero
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #721 on: March 12, 2014, 10:04:03 AM »

From estrangedgrrl at GNR.com

According to this article in Danish music magazine Gaffa Slash has threatened so sue so the concert has been cancelled
http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/81946

Google translate:
Had you been excited to sit in a cinema with 3D glasses to see Guns N 'Roses up close, so there is really bad news. Concert film "Appetite for Democracy," which originally premiered on 7 April and filmed in 2012, has just been canceled throughout the world because of a rights dispute between those who own the tracks and those who own the film. That's according to information GAFFA former lead guitarist Slash, who do not want the songs he helped to write, appear in the film, which means much of the content, and he's threatening legal action if the film is shown. Thus, the three perceptions in Aalborg, Aarhus and Copenhagen canceled.

Are you one of those who have already purchased tickets for the film, you should contact your provider that you have bought the ticket of. Tickets purchased over the Internet will be automatically refunded.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:06:34 AM by volcano62 » Logged

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
maynard
« Reply #722 on: March 12, 2014, 10:07:08 AM »

i literally came in my pants with these last news. shame on slash, the guy only cares about money, even though he's blocking a release that will make him money.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #723 on: March 12, 2014, 10:13:15 AM »

i literally came in my pants with these last news. shame on slash, the guy only cares about money, even though he's blocking a release that will make him money.

Literally?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #724 on: March 12, 2014, 10:32:10 AM »

Then... not bluray Huh

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #725 on: March 12, 2014, 10:32:20 AM »

the second i see any post about Slash and money, i dont take anything that person says seriously

again I dont know if this is the case, but if Axl blocked a Slash release for whatever reason, its not hard to understand if Slash is in fact doing the same

20 years later...and still bickering like bitchez !!!!

but to me this is all moot...whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy did it take to the final hour for this issue to come up?

if Slash has the right to any publishing or whatever... shouldnt they have handled that early on with his attorney?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #726 on: March 12, 2014, 10:34:05 AM »

Then... not bluray Huh

who knows...

doesnt look good if they cant even get the theater thing going

the blue ray was something I really wanted

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #727 on: March 12, 2014, 10:43:15 AM »

but to me this is all moot...whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy did it take to the final hour for this issue to come up?

if Slash has the right to any publishing or whatever... shouldnt they have handled that early on with his attorney?

Its the question that everyone should be asking now.

I see only 2 scenarios :

1) Team Brazil and their lawyers went ahead before this was all wrapped up.

2) Team Brazil and their lawyers had everything in order, and Slash came back at the 11th hour with unreasonable, over the top demands.

But its got to be one or the other.  Someone is in the right and someone is in the wrong.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #728 on: March 12, 2014, 10:54:00 AM »

ahhahahah pathetic cover band .
Jarmo is Dj Ashba boyfriend
 hihi

Jealousy...

Now run and tell everyone how mean I was for banning you.  Kiss

/jarmo

someone found out! Jarmo... mean? couldn't be.

he has a glaring scowl, that's for sure.

someone get this man a coffee.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #729 on: March 12, 2014, 11:00:05 AM »

Its the question that everyone should be asking now.

I see only 2 scenarios :

1) Team Brazil and their lawyers went ahead before this was all wrapped up.

2) Team Brazil and their lawyers had everything in order, and Slash came back at the 11th hour with unreasonable, over the top demands.

But its got to be one or the other.  Someone is in the right and someone is in the wrong.

well im sure Slash's lawyer isnt wasting his time asking for anything he or duff or izzy might not be entitled to... that would be  a waste of time no ?

and if they are entitled to money's... why wouldn't they ask for it? the people screaming how evil slash is for getting whats rightfully his are ridiculous...

was slash a greedy motherfucker when he walked away from the GNR machine? no.. that doesn't fit with the premise...but people being fair in this never ending bitch fest never happens

I mean I have no clue how any of this works so its foolish for me to speculate too much as far as the contracts and who is owed what

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #730 on: March 12, 2014, 11:03:00 AM »

when fans say i just wish these two would be civil again....

this is a good example as to why it would be great for the fans if they were...

because shit like this wouldn't be so messy.... they both are so spiteful , and if they werent they could work around shit like this a lot easier

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #731 on: March 12, 2014, 11:04:24 AM »

because shit like this wouldn't be so messy.... they both are so spiteful , and if they werent they could work around shit like this a lot easier

Yet people thought a magical fairytale reunion was going to happen at the HOF.  What planet were they on?

This toothpaste is long out of the tube, I'm afraid.  There will be no reconciliation in our lifetime.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #732 on: March 12, 2014, 11:05:46 AM »

From estrangedgrrl at GNR.com

According to this article in Danish music magazine Gaffa Slash has threatened so sue so the concert has been cancelled
http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/81946

Google translate:
Had you been excited to sit in a cinema with 3D glasses to see Guns N 'Roses up close, so there is really bad news. Concert film "Appetite for Democracy," which originally premiered on 7 April and filmed in 2012, has just been canceled throughout the world because of a rights dispute between those who own the tracks and those who own the film. That's according to information GAFFA former lead guitarist Slash, who do not want the songs he helped to write, appear in the film, which means much of the content, and he's threatening legal action if the film is shown. Thus, the three perceptions in Aalborg, Aarhus and Copenhagen canceled.

Are you one of those who have already purchased tickets for the film, you should contact your provider that you have bought the ticket of. Tickets purchased over the Internet will be automatically refunded.

Maybe Slash should also stop using the songs Axl helped write at all his gigs and in his live releases.  If Slash never used  GNR's music to promote all of  his current endeavors he would have a leg to stand on here.  This makes no sense.  I understand him wanting to be paid if he is entitled to some money here, but to block a release entirely?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:09:58 AM by Bodhi » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #733 on: March 12, 2014, 11:08:09 AM »

well im sure Slash's lawyer isnt wasting his time asking for anything he or duff or izzy might not be entitled to... that would be  a waste of time no ?

and if they are entitled to money's... why wouldn't they ask for it? the people screaming how evil slash is for getting whats rightfully his are ridiculous...

Well, we know that that is about.

People that want to blame Team Brazil and their lawyers are basically telling us that sometime yesterday, they heard from Slash's people who were never contacted about any of this.  That seems way hard to believe, and I am no Team Brazil fan.  That's just basic stuff.  

But it gets back to what I said yesterday.  If you did your due diligence and the other party is making you look bad, SPEAK THE FUCK UP.

Right or wrong, by not saying anything, it gives the impression you can't make that claim.  It implies you did screw up.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #734 on: March 12, 2014, 11:09:11 AM »

Yet people thought a magical fairytale reunion was going to happen at the HOF.  What planet were they on?

This toothpaste is long out of the tube, I'm afraid.  There will be no reconciliation in our lifetime.

I very much realize that...have for a long time... thats not my point

just stating why their inability to even communicate fucks us in a spot like this...not talking about getting on stage for an award

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #735 on: March 12, 2014, 11:10:19 AM »

Maybe Slash should also stop using the songs Axl helped write at all his gigs and in his live releases.  If Slash never used  GNR or music in any of his current endeavors he would have a leg to stand on here.  This makes no sense.  I understand him wanting to be paid if he is entitled to some money here, but to block a release entirely?

Well, let's be fair here.  Axl has not exactly been Johnny Olivebranch.

If he is doing this for pure spite, yeah, that sucks. It makes him look bad.   But what was Axl's lawsuit about the Rock Band game?  Mature and admirable?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #736 on: March 12, 2014, 11:16:48 AM »

Maybe Slash should also stop using the songs Axl helped write at all his gigs and in his live releases.  If Slash never used  GNR or music in any of his current endeavors he would have a leg to stand on here.  This makes no sense.  I understand him wanting to be paid if he is entitled to some money here, but to block a release entirely?

Well, let's be fair here.  Axl has not exactly been Johnny Olivebranch.

If he is doing this for pure spite, yeah, that sucks. It makes him look bad.   But what was Axl's lawsuit about the Rock Band game?  Mature and admirable?

Hey... they enjoy suing each other about every three years....  Grin

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #737 on: March 12, 2014, 11:20:22 AM »

I just tweeted Slash to get over himself and stop blocking shit for GNR fans. He should apologize to GNR fans and GNR on live tv.

If it wasn't for that greedy, self centered piece of shit I believe we would have 2 bluray's by now (O2 and Vegas) and a new album in 2010.
So you know for a fact Slash blocked the release?
IF Slash did block it, it must be his legal right to do so. Otherwise GN'R wouldn't have cancelled it.

Nobody knows all the facts but that has never stopped people from pointing fingers at whoever they choose.
The above poster is pointing his finger in the opposite direction of some other posters (who it seems are free to do so without objections from others).  Wink
That's the only difference.

hahaha ... no offense Jarmo,  but Dj's wife is prettier than you!

crying

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #738 on: March 12, 2014, 11:33:19 AM »

So you know for a fact Slash blocked the release?
IF Slash did block it, it must be his legal right to do so. Otherwise GN'R wouldn't have cancelled it.

Nobody knows all the facts but that has never stopped people from pointing fingers at whoever they choose.
The above poster is pointing his finger in the opposite direction of some other posters (who it seems are free to do so without objections from others).  Wink
That's the only difference.

hahaha ... no offense Jarmo,  but Dj's wife is prettier than you!

crying

/jarmo

BE FAIR.. VOLCANOS POST WAS AN EXTREMIST VIEW...

its not slash's fault that CD 2 didnt come out in 2010

bash slash for something tangible at least

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #739 on: March 12, 2014, 11:56:09 AM »

Yeah, come on now.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: