Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:28:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Adler Talks RRHOF, The Children He Didn't Know He Had, Slash And More; Video
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler Talks RRHOF, The Children He Didn't Know He Had, Slash And More; Video  (Read 16035 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: January 09, 2013, 02:08:18 PM »

Steven Adler Interviewed by Rover Radio

Published on Jan 8, 2013

Steven Adler, formerly of Guns N Roses, discusses the RRHOF, the biggest times he got screwed over in life, his relationship with Slash, the children he didn't know he had and whether he thinks Dr. Drew takes advantage of addicts to make money on TV and more.

Video interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRz30f3cGUk

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 02:40:35 PM »

I didn't know Steven Adler had any children. Huh

He doesn't sound too interested in the ones he thinks he may have.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 09:17:18 PM »

I didn't know Steven Adler had any children. Huh

Neither does he.  He says that he (sensibly) doesn't trust what anyone says.

He doesn't sound too interested in the ones he thinks he may have.

Why should he?  They're not proven to be his, and whatever women he fucked never alerted him that he fathered any children, and he mentioned that the kids were well towards adulthood (or into adulthood) before anyone ever brought it to his attention.  Pretty much every rock star around (including all other GNR members) probably have children too that they don't know about.  When you fuck literally thousands of women, that happens.

I think it's great that he's repeating his contrition towards his life and keeping himself straight, the topics of which comprised the bulk of the interview.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:19:40 PM by Bridge » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 09:53:25 PM »

You may be giving him a little too much credit there. Cheesy

And apparently he felt differently at one time...

Steve Adler:

"I'm 35 now, he reflects, and I'd love to have kids, I loved my wife, and I miss her more than anything, I've got a new girlfriend now and I love her very much too. And just about 4 or 5 months ago I found out that I have a little girl, she's 12 years old, I knew her mother in LA and she was a very beautiful girl, she was only 18 and she put the girl up for adoption, but I've never met my daughter, and I'd never try to let her know who I am, I could never go up to her and tell her I'm her father, I'm glad she's just happy.

It makes me sad though. Kids are the greatest thing apart from playing music, Hey, I'm the smiling drummer, though, I'm a rocker man...and a roller too..."

http://www.snakepit.org/steven.html

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 10:10:04 AM »

Can't picture Steven as a father. He's the biggest child in any room he's in.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 08:54:15 PM »

apparently he felt differently at one time...

Steve Adler:

"I'm 35 now, he reflects, and I'd love to have kids, I loved my wife, and I miss her more than anything, I've got a new girlfriend now and I love her very much too. And just about 4 or 5 months ago I found out that I have a little girl, she's 12 years old, I knew her mother in LA and she was a very beautiful girl, she was only 18 and she put the girl up for adoption,

Yeah, I remember reading that, and Steven addressed that in the interview you just posted.  Notice how his 2001 comments state that this girl claims she put a child up for adoption... and that's it.  In other words, a girl Steven knew back in 1989 is claiming there's a child out there who is Steven's.  I'm not saying it couldn't have happened -- of course it could have.  But in the new interview, Steven expressed skepticism since he's met so many crackpots who say that sort of thing.  He's obviously realized now that it could've been bullshit, or even if the daughter is out there, she's never been brought to his attention in person or any sort of parental capacity, so his feelings obviously changed.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: