Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:13:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Robin Finck performed with Beck? False
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck performed with Beck? False  (Read 7458 times)
Rocket Killer
Rocker

Kill Rock & Roll

« on: April 02, 2013, 11:44:55 PM »

There is a video of Beck doing a cover of David Bowie's "Sounds & Visvions" and there is a guitar player in the stands that looks like Robin. Just watch the video and the Robin footage starts at 5:33 mins.

Beck Reimagines David Bowie's "Sound and Vision"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnOmrDzRrGQ
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:00:51 PM by Rocket Killer » Logged

Baltimore, Maryland (11/13/2006)
Silver Spring, Maryland (02/23/2012)
Landover, Maryland (06/23/2016)
soverysadaboutus
Opening Act

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 01:17:21 AM »

No.  You must be one of those people who hasn't seen a photo of Robin in the past five years.   Wink  But good try.  I wish.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:47:46 AM by soverysadaboutus » Logged
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 11:45:13 AM »

No.  You must be one of those people who hasn't seen a photo of Robin in the past five years.   Wink  But good try.  I wish.

Yes I agree, doesn't even remotely resemble how Robin looks presently...  Tongue

I love Robins website, it's been saying "new site soon" for the last 4 years or so.  hihi

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:50:42 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 12:58:46 PM »

Robin and Axl shared the meaning of the word soon.

awesome cover by the way
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:09:31 PM by DeN » Logged

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 04:23:38 PM »

defenetly not robin but beatiful song

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 06:38:01 PM »

Robin and Axl shared the meaning of the word soon.

awesome cover by the way

You know, I almost used to think that it was somehow a dig at how he viewed the GN'R situation, almost like a hidden message he knew his fans would "get". It's strange how he's left his site like that for years, and it does remind people straight away to how Axl used that word as well, who knows maybe it was like a kind of inside dig at the whole Chinese Democracy saga.  hihi
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 06:52:16 PM »

you read too much into it, but I assume you're joking of course.

I think he's just lazy about it.

too bad, because I remember is old website and I posted a lot of artworks in the "nest" part,
if I remember correctly. it was a cool creative interaction with the guy.

damn I miss the guy in the band so much, his flamboyant destructured trashy way to play.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Rocket Killer
Rocker

Kill Rock & Roll

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 06:59:36 PM »

Yes I agree, doesn't even remotely resemble how Robin looks presently...  Tongue

I love Robins website, it's been saying "new site soon" for the last 4 years or so.  hihi

wow really?! Haha. I just thought that dude kinda look like Robin. Last photo I seen of the dude was March 2012.... Why do I even bother...nothing to gain.

Baltimore, Maryland (11/13/2006)
Silver Spring, Maryland (02/23/2012)
Landover, Maryland (06/23/2016)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 07:25:20 PM »

wow really?! Haha. I just thought that dude kinda look like Robin. Last photo I seen of the dude was March 2012.... Why do I even bother...nothing to gain.

Yes really, the last time Robin looked like that was in 2007 when still with Guns N' Roses... as soon as he rejoined NIN in 2008 he cut his hair and had dreads at the back, while the front of his hair was short. Even when he appeared with GN'R for the performance of Better in 2012, he was clean shaven and had long smart brown hair.

He really hasn't looked like the person in the video since 2007, but don't take offence.  Undecided
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 02:55:01 AM »

Just a heads up, for those of you who missed it, here is Robin in 2012 with GN'R, not looking too far off the guy in the Beck performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2HyvtEYMsI

I thought the Beck guitarist looked a lot like Robin too.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
soverysadaboutus
Opening Act

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 01:21:48 PM »

Just a heads up, for those of you who missed it, here is Robin in 2012 with GN'R, not looking too far off the guy in the Beck performance.

Ahh, I still don't see it.  Maybe if he wore hipster glasses, had a beard, a different face and I squinted, but you could say that about any thin, long-haired middle aged guy.

This is what Robin looked like mid-January of this year: http://instagram.com/p/UaQX4cOb5B/

I know right...  I check it every day, and at this point I don't even know why, haha. 
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 01:10:38 AM »

Ahh, I still don't see it.  Maybe if he wore hipster glasses, had a beard, a different face and I squinted, but you could say that about any thin, long-haired middle aged guy.

This is what Robin looked like mid-January of this year: http://instagram.com/p/UaQX4cOb5B/

I don't know which guy you were looking in the Beck video, but he didn't have a beard or glasses, he looked like current Robin with a bit shorter hair, and tattoos on his arms.

Edit: Actually, I think I do know which one you were looking at, the bearded guy with the SG. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought he was pointing out the guy playing the Les Paul, who I too think looks very much like Robin
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 01:13:19 AM by metallex78 » Logged

soverysadaboutus
Opening Act

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 12:02:03 PM »

I don't know which guy you were looking in the Beck video, but he didn't have a beard or glasses, he looked like current Robin with a bit shorter hair, and tattoos on his arms.

Edit: Actually, I think I do know which one you were looking at, the bearded guy with the SG. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought he was pointing out the guy playing the Les Paul, who I too think looks very much like Robin

Well, I guess if Robin ever had thin, straight, short-ish black hair, had any tattoos (if he has any, they aren't visible or known of), shrunk a few inches, had a smaller frame, a smaller chin and curved nose then yes he might look like that guy too.

You guys are funny.  Surely there are a million guys out there who sort of resemble Robin.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 10:16:05 AM »

Well, I guess if Robin ever had thin, straight, short-ish black hair, had any tattoos (if he has any, they aren't visible or known of), shrunk a few inches, had a smaller frame, a smaller chin and curved nose then yes he might look like that guy too.

You guys are funny.  Surely there are a million guys out there who sort of resemble Robin.

I think it's more funny that you CAN'T see the similarities. I'm not just pointing out random guitar players saying they all look like Robin, but this guy playing the Les Paul looks a lot like Robin. Yeah I know it's not him, but fuck me, it DOES look like Robin.

Shit dude, get over yourself...  Roll Eyes

soverysadaboutus
Opening Act

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 12:07:47 PM »

His facial expression makes his face look a little similar to Robin's.  But that's about it.

I don't know.  I guess this is the closest photo I could find to compare--side by side of the other guy and Robin:

I don't think Robin's had hair similar to that other guy's since he was a teenager:

I can get seeing similarities, I just don't get how someone could seriously mistake that for Robin with all the non-similarities on top of that.

I really want to know who this other guy is now, damn. rofl
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 12:10:21 PM by soverysadaboutus » Logged
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 02:59:24 PM »

I must admit I thought the OP was talking about the guy with the beard next to him at first, but I even can't see how the guy in question resembles Robin. Even when Robin had short hair in 2008 with NIN, he had dreadlocks at the back and the front of his hair was cut short going back, like a spike... it wasn't ever combed down into curtains almost.  Roll Eyes

Some people would see it and some won't, I don't personally.

Got to agree with 'soverysadaboutus' on this...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: