Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:11:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Use Your Illusion 1
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Use Your Illusion 1  (Read 5332 times)
axlforever777
Opening Act

« on: May 31, 2013, 10:10:57 AM »

Do you agree this is Guns N Roses best most heaviest album? Theres rockers like Right Next Door To Hell, Coma, Perfect Crime, Garden of Eden and such can i get your opinion please?
BumbleBuzz
Rocker

Guns N' Roses Strong Since 1999!

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 05:13:59 AM »

Use Your Illusion 1 was definitely released to be a Heavier Album than it's counterpart, and for this reason, is the only album specifically released (so far) by Guns N Roses to be a dedicated Harder Rock album. At the time, Guns N Roses main competition was Metallica (Metallica actually make reference, in their Binge and Purge box set booklet, to the fact that Guns N Roses was outselling them in terms of concert footfall and was the only band doing this), it was in their record labels best interest to identify with Metallica fans and get both sets of fans buying both bands music. Hence the tour. I would agree that Use Your Illusion is their "heaviest" album if you want to put a label on it, although the Spaghetti Incident is definitely a heavy album, associating more with Duff's strong interests in Punk Rock

2006.06.09 - Dublin, Ireland
2006.07.29 - London, England
2010.09.01 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.17 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.23 - Newcastle, England
2017.07.17 - London, England
axlforever777
Opening Act

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 09:25:16 AM »

I agree with the spaghetti incident also due to the fact, it shows Axl with his strongest screams and vocals plus the album is very hardcore with tracks such as Human Being, Aint IT FUN, Hair of the DOG, attitude, I dont care abiut you, and black leather so i agree with you i personally love The SPaghetti incident. i went through a phase where i listened to it more than any other GNR album.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 02:48:08 PM »

In some terms, possibly.

But it's also interesting that what some consider the heaviest GN'R album also features two of the most well known GN'R ballads! Just shows how diverse GN'R is.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 05:01:48 AM »

Do you agree this is Guns N Roses best most heaviest album? Theres rockers like Right Next Door To Hell, Coma, Perfect Crime, Garden of Eden and such can i get your opinion please?

If you compare it with UYI II yes. But if you compare it with AFD I?m not so sure. Some of the songs in the UYI albums were written during the AFD days or before that.
Princess Leia
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 05:10:02 AM »

In some terms, possibly.

But it's also interesting that what some consider the heaviest GN'R album also features two of the most well known GN'R ballads! Just shows how diverse GN'R is.

/jarmo
The funny thing with Don?t Cry is that they wanted that song in AFD but Geffen didn?t allow it. But they were playing it at their shows in L.A. clubs
 Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: