Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:31:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Who's your favorite GNR drummer?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who's your favorite GNR drummer?  (Read 34684 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2016, 01:05:15 PM »

Sorum
Ferrer
Adler
Mantia
Freese

Matt hit hard and played large.  He was awesome on the illusion tour, and did a hell of a job keeping the rhythm section going when most of the guys shouldn't even have been able to stand.

I appreciate what Adler contributed to the band, but feel he's overrated and over appreciated.

I learned this past week that Steven Adler auditioned for AC DC after GNR tossed him and right before Chris Slade got the spot. Never knew that before. That goes against the idea that nobody has ever wanted to work with him since GNR. Apparently Angus was told his drug problems are too much to deal with.

I think Steven gets shit on a lot on GNR boards for a variety of reasons... I don't think that he didn't have song writing credits is one of the more valid reasons for it.

When news first broke of this regrouping... I was hoping for Matt Sorum to get the spot... he is reliable, a big part of the band's history, solid and has great chemistry with Slash and Duff on and off stage.

Since it appears he was never a real option for Axl... I am very glad we have Frank in that spot... and hopefully he forms his own great chemistry with Slash, Duff and Richard who is the perfect second guitar player for this band.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:07:10 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2016, 03:20:35 PM »

Sorum
Ferrer
Adler
Mantia
Freese

Matt hit hard and played large.  He was awesome on the illusion tour, and did a hell of a job keeping the rhythm section going when most of the guys shouldn't even have been able to stand.

I appreciate what Adler contributed to the band, but feel he's overrated and over appreciated.

I learned this past week that Steven Adler auditioned for AC DC after GNR tossed him and right before Chris Slade got the spot. Never knew that before. That goes against the idea that nobody has ever wanted to work with him since GNR. Apparently Angus was told his drug problems are too much to deal with.

Wow, where did you hear that?

Edit:
According to this site and Wikipedia, Adler was fired from Guns July 11th. The Razors Edge was released September 24th. Thats too short of a time gap to a band to audition drummers, record an album (drums are recorded first on 95% of rock albums) mix, master and release an album.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 03:28:48 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2016, 03:32:50 PM »

Sorum
Ferrer
Adler
Mantia
Freese

Edit:
According to this site and Wikipedia, Adler was fired from Guns July 11th. The Razors Edge was released September 24th. Thats too short of a time gap to a band to audition drummers, record an album (drums are recorded first on 95% of rock albums) mix, master and release an album.

I read it on another website... they were auditioning Steven while working with Chris... I guess they weren't sold on Chris at the time maybe.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2016, 04:15:41 PM »

Sorum
Ferrer
Adler
Mantia
Freese

Edit:

I read it on another website... they were auditioning Steven while working with Chris... I guess they weren't sold on Chris at the time maybe.
Its true that Chris was hired first to only do the album and after the record was done they offered him a main stay in the band.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Princess Leia
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2016, 02:17:42 PM »

Sorum
Ferrer
Adler
Mantia
Freese

I think Steven gets shit on a lot on GNR boards for a variety of reasons... I don't think that he didn't have song writing credits is one of the more valid reasons for it.

When news first broke of this regrouping... I was hoping for Matt Sorum to get the spot... he is reliable, a big part of the band's history, solid and has great chemistry with Slash and Duff on and off stage.

Since it appears he was never a real option for Axl... I am very glad we have Frank in that spot... and hopefully he forms his own great chemistry with Slash, Duff and Richard who is the perfect second guitar player for this band.

You are right. Adler did audition for AC/DC after being fire from GN'R. The problem was that when AC/DC guys find out the reason was drugs then they decided not to hire him. But Adler has said it was a sure thing. He was getting ready to move to Australia. I think he Adler was also in a list of possible drummers more recently when all that mess their former drummer took place. I read that somewhere.

There is more, in the late 90s Adler was starting yet another band and DJ Ashba was one of the members. So aside form Nikki Sixx the other person who knew who Ashba was when he joined GN'R was Adler.
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2016, 05:29:42 AM »

Sorum
Ferrer
Adler
Mantia
Freese

You are right. Adler did audition for AC/DC after being fire from GN'R. The problem was that when AC/DC guys find out the reason was drugs then they decided not to hire him. But Adler has said it was a sure thing. He was getting ready to move to Australia. I think he Adler was also in a list of possible drummers more recently when all that mess their former drummer took place. I read that somewhere.

There is more, in the late 90s Adler was starting yet another band and DJ Ashba was one of the members. So aside form Nikki Sixx the other person who knew who Ashba was when he joined GN'R was Adler.
Not sure what was the case in the 90s, but AC/DC members have been living outside of Australia for a while. Dont see a reason to live in Australia when the band is based elsewhere. The Razors Edge was recorded in Dublin and Vancouver.

Not saying this is bs, but im a little skeptical.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Princess Leia
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2016, 09:22:54 AM »

I know, but was what Adler said.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2016, 11:28:48 AM »

Do sort of hope Frank slows things down just a shade.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2016, 02:43:58 PM »

Do sort of hope Frank slows things down just a shade.

Yeah he better slow down in songs like Nightrain and YCBM. They didn't sound the way they should. Well they've been doing some rehearsal lately. I would like to think Frank was told about his pace
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2016, 03:25:46 PM »

They rehearsed for three months before Vegas and Coachella...

if they thought it was too fast at any point I am sure they would have changed it then.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2016, 08:21:58 PM »

They rehearsed for three months before Vegas and Coachella...

if they thought it was too fast at any point I am sure they would have changed it then.

I tend to agree.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: