Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:05:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where do we go now
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do we go now  (Read 109852 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #400 on: June 16, 2015, 10:26:00 AM »

If 2016 is truly the plan (and who the hell knows) than it will be a literal year and half, or longer, since the last tour.

But who among can speak with any real belief that they will be ready to roll come 2016?  I sure can't.

And if 2016 rolls around, and some sporadic tour dates are announced, or another residency...but they are no closer to releasing an album of long recorded material.....then just what the hell were you doing for a year and a half?

Clearly, you aren't going to be working 40 hours weeks on the thing, but 18 months (or more) is one long ass time.  To pick a fucking tracklist, mind you.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #401 on: June 16, 2015, 10:43:37 AM »

GN?R being in need of more downtime is a pretty hilarious concept.
The torrid pace of one album in 24 years must be exhausting.

This kind of assumption seems to be based on the thinking that being in a band just involves recording, interviews and shows.
But it doesn't.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #402 on: June 16, 2015, 11:04:48 AM »

This kind of assumption seems to be based on the thinking that being in a band just involves recording, interviews and shows.
But it doesn't.

/jarmo

It basically, is. If you are including mixing and mastering under 'recording' and perhaps include (filming) music videos or chuck all media work under the catch-all title, 'promotion', those are the central purposes of actually being a signed act. You are allowed gaps in the middle of course but If you are not hitting all those three, there is something usually wrong. If you have ditched the recording and promotion of an album, you have probably relinquished your creativity to become a cheese old-timer act. If you are concentrating on only recording, well The Beatles did this when they were fed up with Beatlemania. The point is, there is usually something wrong.

- Recording
- Promotion
- Touring

You might include business I suppose with someone like Jagger who takes a very hands on approach to the financial side of things, however most delegate this task to accountants.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #403 on: June 16, 2015, 11:44:12 AM »

But it doesn't.

/jarmo

Well....  What more do the band member offer....   Besides Axl

Take Frank for example....   Besides recording, interviews and shows..  What more is expected from him?

Durring the recording precess of the album CD.  "The Band", had so much free time, that many of them created other bands.  A Perfect Circle was formed during this "free time" and produced a succeful album....  Thats what went on while guns was active...  Other bands being formed.

I am just not a fan of the argument....   "They need a break now because they have been so busy"

I am a fan of the argument.  "They are on a break right now because Axl said so"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #404 on: June 16, 2015, 02:25:23 PM »

But it doesn't.

/jarmo

It basically, is. If you are including mixing and mastering under 'recording' and perhaps include (filming) music videos or chuck all media work under the catch-all title, 'promotion', those are the central purposes of actually being a signed act. You are allowed gaps in the middle of course but If you are not hitting all those three, there is something usually wrong. If you have ditched the recording and promotion of an album, you have probably relinquished your creativity to become a cheese old-timer act. If you are concentrating on only recording, well The Beatles did this when they were fed up with Beatlemania. The point is, there is usually something wrong.

- Recording
- Promotion
- Touring

You might include business I suppose with someone like Jagger who takes a very hands on approach to the financial side of things, however most delegate this task to accountants.

For Axl, I assume you must include quite a lot of time for legal work. I'm not only thinking of lawsuits, but I think he's very much involved in taking care of the brand name 'Guns N' Roses'. Song licensing for instance.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #405 on: June 16, 2015, 06:39:54 PM »

Spirit, you're on to something.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #406 on: June 17, 2015, 12:30:32 PM »

But it doesn't.

/jarmo

- Recording
- Promotion
- Touring

For Axl, I assume you must include quite a lot of time for legal work. I'm not only thinking of lawsuits, but I think he's very much involved in taking care of the brand name 'Guns N' Roses'. Song licensing for instance.

Oh I agree Axl may have been/is very busy with all things gnr....

But thats gets back to what I was originaly saying....

Axl is busy with all things gnr, because he chooses to be...  You bring all this stress and caos into your life and say "damn I am so busy and so stressed!!"  Well you brought it all in!!!  For example, you can delegate things to people you trust, your inner circle..  Now if you havnt anyone you can trust or delegate things too, thats another topic.

Again what I have been saying is, Axl is the one who wants this break.  Not the band.   

You gave great examples as to why Axl may need a break.  (I for one agree with people that say he is has no need to justify his needs to any of us).   I also dont think he needs one, as much as he just wants one.

But...

People have said the "Band" deserves a break.....    What have the other band members done to "deserve/need/want" a break?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #407 on: June 17, 2015, 02:37:41 PM »

But...

People have said the "Band" deserves a break.....    What have the other band members done to "deserve/need/want" a break?

I agree that the band members probably don't do as much administrative stuff as Axl in the down time.

I just don't see the point in even asking the question if the "band" needs a break or not. It's not like they can do much without Axl anyways. As long as Axl is on a break (Friends reference Smiley) we won't be hearing from Guns N' Roses anyways.

Let's say the band members "doesn't deserve" a break, do we want them out there, going on tour without Axl then... Smiley Eventually, it all comes down to Axl's schedule.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #408 on: June 17, 2015, 05:32:43 PM »

But...

I agree that the band members probably don't do as much administrative stuff as Axl in the down time.

I just don't see the point in even asking the question if the "band" needs a break or not. It's not like they can do much without Axl anyways. As long as Axl is on a break (Friends reference Smiley) we won't be hearing from Guns N' Roses anyways.

Let's say the band members "doesn't deserve" a break, do we want them out there, going on tour without Axl then... Smiley Eventually, it all comes down to Axl's schedule.

I agree, I dont know why some people are/where saying the band deserves a break, yada yada...

Like the band has any say in any of this.....
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #409 on: June 17, 2015, 07:23:51 PM »

But...

I agree, I dont know why some people are/where saying the band deserves a break, yada yada...

Like the band has any say in any of this.....

Those that choose to can pursue their side project(s) during the hiatus, I don't see the problem.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
mortismurphy
« Reply #410 on: June 17, 2015, 07:42:51 PM »

But it doesn't.

/jarmo

- Recording
- Promotion
- Touring

I would assume so since the guy has sued just about everybody, or been sued himself. From former girlfriends, to band mates and a video games company of all things, Axl and litigation are forever entwined. Axl probably tried to sue himself in a fit of rage before realising it was near impossible.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #411 on: June 17, 2015, 07:51:42 PM »

But it doesn't.

/jarmo

- Recording
- Promotion
- Touring

I would assume so since the guy has sued just about everybody, or been sued himself. From former girlfriends, to band mates and a video games company of all things, Axl and litigation are forever entwined. Axl probably tried to sue himself in a fit of rage before realising it was near impossible.

Nice attempt at inventing more lies and false narratives.

"Everybody" has certainly not been sued or engaged in legalities.

"Shut the fuck up."
mortismurphy
« Reply #412 on: June 17, 2015, 07:59:21 PM »

But it doesn't.

/jarmo

- Recording
- Promotion
- Touring

Humour is not one of your finer points I see?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #413 on: June 17, 2015, 08:19:19 PM »

This is SERIOUS BUSINESS, this rock band stuff.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #414 on: June 17, 2015, 08:43:14 PM »

But it doesn't.

/jarmo

- Recording
- Promotion
- Touring

Humour is not one of your finer points I see?

Au contraire, I find it hilarious when you get caught in a lie and try to pass it off as "humor".

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #415 on: June 17, 2015, 08:44:54 PM »

Why not save this obvious idiot trolling for places where it is welcome?

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #416 on: June 17, 2015, 08:51:08 PM »

I got a site full of people I get along with, and one person I don't.

The problem is *definitely* one of those two groups.  I'm not too worried about it.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #417 on: June 17, 2015, 08:55:32 PM »

I got a site full of people I get along with, and one person I don't.

The problem is *definitely* one of those two groups.  I'm not too worried about it.

Oh I know there is more than one person here that doesnt like you nor your negative trolling and complaining.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #418 on: June 17, 2015, 09:00:24 PM »

Oh I know there is more than one person here that doesnt like you nor your negative trolling and complaining.

There's people I disagree with.  And people that disagree with me, some, strenuously.  No question about it.

We still have conversations, however. 

Look at a guy like pilferk.  We never agree, on anything.  We talk all the time, with no worries.

Then...then, there's you.  Not just you and me, but you and EVERYBODY.

I'm not sure we have to call in Colombo to crack this one.  We can all read.  We all know the deal.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #419 on: June 17, 2015, 09:05:39 PM »

There's people I disagree with.  And people that disagree with me, some, strenuously.  No question about it.

We still have conversations, however. 

Look at a guy like pilferk.  We never agree, on anything.  We talk all the time, with no worries.

Then...then, there's you.  Not just you and me, but you and EVERYBODY.

I'm not sure we have to call in Colombo to crack this one.  We can all read.  We all know the deal.

Your perceptions of me are much like your perceptions about GNR, very wrong.

I have several people I chat with via PM and have made a few good friends here.

When are you going to learn that your assumptions are just that? And we all know what assumptions are like.

If I catch flack for being pro GNR, so be it, I dont care and won't be flip flopping on that.

I don't come here because I need validation from anonymous people on the internet.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:07:20 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: