Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:26:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Little Update on Steven Adler
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Little Update on Steven Adler  (Read 12560 times)
Princess Leia
« on: August 18, 2013, 05:04:35 AM »

Slash has visited him. Slash posted in his twitter

Visited with #stevenadler yesterday. He is doing great. Says hey to all u twaniacs. iiii]; )'

beer

Gilbyfan
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 04:27:37 PM »

Thats great. Steven's clean. Til the next time he decides to do drugs again and get so fucked up hes gotta cancel another tour, fukn over his band and fans. I hope like everyone he stays clean, I just wouldn't bet on it is all.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 05:53:49 PM »

Thats great. Steven's clean. Til the next time he decides to do drugs again and get so fucked up hes gotta cancel another tour, fukn over his band and fans. I hope like everyone he stays clean, I just wouldn't bet on it is all.

Were you really on the edge of your seat about his tour?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Gilbyfan
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 05:53:32 PM »

Nup, but thats missing the point. He has fans who paid their hard earned money to buy tickets to his shows and a band who were ready to play who he let down. Steven should be grateful that anyone still wants to buy a new band of his album and go see him live. After all the times hes fallen off the wagon, fuck knows why but he still has fans out there who love and support him who want to see him succeed. And this is how much he cares about his fans back. Fucks up on drugs again and cancels his last tour.

WOW - WHAT A HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 10:56:54 PM »

Popcorn has apparently been stalking Jennifer Lopez: hihi

http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/22/jennifer-lopez-hamptons-mansion-stalker-arrested/

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 11:11:41 PM »

. And this is how much he cares about his fans back. Fucks up on drugs again and cancels his last tour.

Yap yap yap, and of course you've got the facts wrong.  Steven DIDN'T start using drugs again.  His drinking got a little out of hand so he decided to self-check into rehab so he wouldn't subject them to it.  Touring while drinking heavily would've fucked up the tour way more and embarrassed him horribly in the process, and THAT would've lost him his fans.

You, on the other hand, would've been there bitching so loud that none of us could hear the show anyway.

Popcorn has apparently been stalking Jennifer Lopez: hihi

Whoa, the resemblance between Steven and that dude IS really strong!   Shocked
Gilbyfan
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 12:44:43 AM »

For fucks sake. Alcohohol is a drug. It's a legal one sure and I'm sure most of us have a beer or two after work. But does it really matter whether its alcohol or drugs. Steven's been down this road before. If you know indulging in anything might get out of control and screw up your comittments why even go there to begin with. Especially with a past like Steven's.

Whatever way you try and paint it. he had shows booked, fans who had bought tickets and his band that were all set.

And you couldn't be more wrong bout your BITCHING SO LOUD comment. I'd love nothing more than for the guy to get and stay clean and healthy and just churn out solid music. But only he can do that. And if Steven ever brings his band to New Zealand for a tour i'd happily pay to see him. Thats exactly the sad thing here. When hes clean and focussed on his music he can be awesome.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 02:04:45 AM by Gilbyfan » Logged
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 07:55:24 AM »

I really wish the best for Steven, he seems so lovable and naive. I want him just to be happy and not fall into the cycle of getting clean then entering rehab after another 'episode'. I seriously rate his drumming, and always thought his work on Appetite For Destruction was incredible. I also think it's nice how he never tries to hide the fact that his time in GN'R was the best time of his life, and everything he does he tries to intwine it within his current musical projects. Stevens ace...
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 03:12:35 PM »

Has anyone heard any updates about Steven?  His Twitter has been dead since September 2013 (except for a tweet made on his behalf in Dec 2013).  The guy has been uncharacteristically quiet. 
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 11:53:44 PM »

Steven's 49th birthday was January 23rd.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 08:14:03 PM by Bridge » Logged
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 08:13:11 PM »

This update was linked to Steven's facebook this weekend.....

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/adler-has-not-broken-up-says-singer-jacob-bunton/#xzHRQ77uhGh5Brbt.01

LYNAM members Jacob Bunton (lead vocals, guitar and Lonny Paul (guitar, vocals) recently spoke to Diamond-Dave Castagno of RadioScreamer about the status of Jacob's and Lonny's other band, ADLER, which is led by former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler.

Little has been heard from ADLER since the band was forced to cancel its summer 2013 tour due to Steven checking into an undisclosed rehabilitation center to continue working on his sobriety.

Asked for an update on ADLER's current status, Jacob told RadioScreamer (see video below): "We haven't broken up. We had to cancel the tour, obviously, 'cause Steven had to concentrate on himself, and that's priority No. 1. We love him; he's our brother and we want him to be healthy and staying at home. For the meantime, it's healthier [that way]. And maybe one of these days we'll be able to do some shows, or whatever. But nah, we haven't broken up, and he's our brother."

He added: "Obviously, from where we stand, it was an absolute honor to play with somebody that was in our favorite band of all time. Not only Steven ? we also played with [former GUNS N' ROSES bassist] Duff [McKagan], we played with [ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist] Slash; three-fifths of the original GUNS N' ROSES. It's like, when you are a kid, you can never even dream of doing something like that. You're just, like, 'Wow!' It's crazy."

ADLER's debut album, "Back From The Dead", which was released in North America on November 26, 2012 via New Ocean Media. The CD was recorded in Los Angeles with producer Jeff Pilson (FOREIGNER, DOKKEN) and was mixed by Jay Ruston (ANTHRAX, STONE SOUR). The effort consists of 11 tracks, ranging from adrenaline-pumping rockers ("Back From The Dead", "Own Worst Enemy", "Another Version Of The Truth") to arena-rock anthems ("Good To Be Bad", "Blown Away") to powerful, heartfelt ballads ("Waterfall", "Just Don't Ask"). The album features a guest appearance by Adler's former GUNS N' ROSES bandmate Slash.

Adler appeared on season two of on the "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew" show and the first season of the spin-off program "Sober House" back in late 2008 and early 2009. Adler then went on to stints in real rehab centers after being ordered to by a judge as part of a DUI bust. He subsequently returned for Season 5 of "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew" alongside Michael Lohan, Dwight Gooden and Bai Ling, among others.

"Celebrity Rehab Presents Sober House" included footage of Adler being arrested on July 18, 2008 after he showed up at a sober-living home high and in possession of heroin.

Steven Adler was the drummer for GUNS N' ROSES from 1985 to 1990. He was eventually fired from the band due to his drug addiction, which caused him to spiral down into depression and more drug use.

Steven Adler's autobiography, "My Appetite for Destruction: Sex, and Drugs, and Guns N' Roses", came out in July 2010. In the book, Adler tells all, fearlessly addressing his struggles with heroin and crack addiction; his financial ruin after being kicked out of GN'R; his shattered marriage; and the severe health problems that nearly claimed his life on several occasions.

LYNAM's latest EP, "Halfway To Hell", was released on December 10, 2013 via New Ocean Media.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/adler-has-not-broken-up-says-singer-jacob-bunton/#bIjCDTuZRYRTAIpY.99
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 10:05:46 AM »

Thanks for posting that Bridge.  Too bad, I know they say they haven't broken up, but it sounds like for all intents and purposes the band is done.  Steven is the only Appetite member I still have not seen live.  I thought I was going to have my chance on that summer 2013 tour!  Hope Steven gets better and can tour
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 08:40:54 PM »

Steven's facebook today....

https://www.facebook.com/adlermusic?fref=nf

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 11:50:30 AM »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-guns-n-roses-drummer-steven-adler-says-he-has-been-sober-for-nine-months/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 12:14:31 PM »

Unfortunately for Steven his ability as a drummer has been over looked for so long now due to his prolific substance abuse.

He obviously has nine lives.. and his gorgeous wife should be incentive enough to stay alive!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 07:02:21 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/adlermusic?fref=nf

Steven's facebook post from 6 hours ago....

Thanks everyone for all of the well wishes. I've been sober 10 months and 17 days and I feel great! I'll see you in 2015. - Steven
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 03:25:03 PM »

From Steven's facebook, yesterday....

Adler

Yesterday at 11:45am ?

Happy Holidays everybody! We went back in the studio last week and recorded a new song with Jeff Pilson [Dokken] producing. We're looking forward to 2015!
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2015, 05:29:35 PM »

Happy New Year! Had a great time last night ringing in the new year with Tony Kanal from No Doubt and his lovely wife Erin.
--- Steven (via facebook)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: