Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:29:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Researching 91 Riot in St.Louis
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Researching 91 Riot in St.Louis  (Read 2680 times)
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« on: November 13, 2013, 08:03:32 PM »

1st: Perhaps this is the wrong section and if so, my apologies and move to wherever.

Ok. I'm doing a research paper on the 91 GnR riot in St.Louis and wondering where I can get any academic resources, if anyone here could point me in the right direction?
Would the St.Louis paper have that archived or did that appear in any major publications? I don't think websites in specific will work as a resource, but if anyone had any knowledge of where to find some good info on that or have done a research paper on GnR related stuff would be cool to hear

beer

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 08:14:58 PM »

1st: Perhaps this is the wrong section and if so, my apologies and move to wherever.

Ok. I'm doing a research paper on the 91 GnR riot in St.Louis and wondering where I can get any academic resources, if anyone here could point me in the right direction?
Would the St.Louis paper have that archived or did that appear in any major publications? I don't think websites in specific will work as a resource, but if anyone had any knowledge of where to find some good info on that or have done a research paper on GnR related stuff would be cool to hear

beer

Start with some articles on this site from around that time.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 01:01:18 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=75

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 06:26:14 AM »

You can hear Axl talk about the incident in this radio interview from november 91.

Quite the interview btw

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 10:24:15 AM »

I had never read that article... its incredible.  It was very interesting to see Axl explain his side of that story.  I still don't agree with his stance on pictures during those times, but the bootleg angle is completely understandable.  People were making tons of money off of them and I suppose it was difficult to differentiate between what was a camera, an audio recorder or a video camera.  But then he goes on to say that he doesn't want a crappy version of a song to get out there that they half-assed live one night.  I totally disagree with that.  Your true fans at that time want to see the good, the bad and the ugly. 

I was also surprised to see him accept partial blame for the riot.  Its too bad that message didn't get out. 

My favorite quote of the article is:

It's like when you get on an airplane and they give you that whole speech about where the exit doors are, or when you can smoke.

Gosh I feel old, I remember those days....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: