Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:19:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumbelfoot Interview (Talks GN?R)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumbelfoot Interview (Talks GN?R)  (Read 28342 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2013, 01:16:43 PM »

What is he supposed to do? It's his and the band's record. He can do what he wants!  hihi
Yeah yeah yeah, I know you love that answer.

But at the end of the day, it's his choice. Even though you can scold him for it for years because he didn't do what you wanted him to.

I don't have to scold anyone.  Simply point to the results.  They are self evident.  Its only at this particular site its been deemed a screaming success.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2013, 01:56:48 PM »

It came out, I can listen to it. That's all I care about as a fan.

A bunch of the music I listen to doesn't sell millions of copies and get promoted with appearances on day time talk shows. I can live with that. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2013, 02:12:11 PM »

How did this turn into a business-discussion, when CDs promoting wasn't even mentioned in the interview?

Maybe it's only here CD is considered a success. Maybe because the members here cares more for art than business? Or quality over quantity?

We should appreciate Bumblefoots honesty. Interviews always make the board come to live 👍

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2013, 02:50:43 PM »

Maybe it's only here CD is considered a success. Maybe because the members here cares more for art than business? Or quality over quantity?

Haha.  Well, I suppose that's one spin.

I think the more general assessment of the gang here would be...well, I hesitate to use the word "apologist", due to its overly negative implications.  So let's just leave it that around here, rarely is heard a discouraging word.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2013, 03:12:17 PM »

Haha.  Well, I suppose that's one spin.

I think the more general assessment of the gang here would be...well, I hesitate to use the word "apologist", due to its overly negative implications.  So let's just leave it that around here, rarely is heard a discouraging word.

As far as the music goes... I would expect most to be very supportive of it around here...we are all fans of Axl

it's when people see no fault in the way things are handled aside from the music...that is what I will never understand

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2013, 03:20:08 PM »

Bumbles's book about all this could be a great seller  Grin

Re-Union time, baby!!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2013, 03:28:45 PM »

As far as the music goes... I would expect most to be very supportive of it around here...we are all fans of Axl

it's when people see no fault in the way things are handled aside from the music...that is what I will never understand

Agree with you 100%. 

I liked the album.  I think at least half of the songs stand up with anything the old band ever did.  Some really strong stuff on there.  On that, I have no real qualms.

But the other bit, yeah, that's where I feel like pulling my hair out sometimes.  At this level of band, music is a business.  Viewed through that prism, the operation needs some work.  But, to be fair, with the fan club seeming to have their shit together, to the band taking the stage closer to on time, there is some hope.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2013, 03:44:02 PM »

Bumbles's book about all this could be a great seller  Grin

are you kidding? it would be epic...lol

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2013, 03:49:02 PM »

Agree with you 100%. 

I liked the album.  I think at least half of the songs stand up with anything the old band ever did.  Some really strong stuff on there.  On that, I have no real qualms.

But the other bit, yeah, that's where I feel like pulling my hair out sometimes.  At this level of band, music is a business.  Viewed through that prism, the operation needs some work.  But, to be fair, with the fan club seeming to have their shit together, to the band taking the stage closer to on time, there is some hope.

personally the fan club is of very little interest to me... so are the start times.... would i rather the show not start at midnight? yeah...but it doesnt deter me from going

its the fact that theres all these songs we know about from 10 years ago... that still have no release in sight, its this DVD that appears no closer to under my xmas tree than ever before, it's the Better video being scrapped, its the fact that his inner circle are just glorified "yes" men who have more say over GNR matters than actual band members.... (which leads back to original topic...ron says he really doesnt know wahts happening with plans until last minute...his words...not mine)

and when you are trying to fight the never going away shadow of these enormous personalities that used to be in band ...... you need to get this shit out there and be more on point...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2013, 04:00:37 PM »

its verrrrry clear that he thinks its ridiculous to put out another record of material from buckethead and robin finck...and its very clear Axl has zero interest of writing new songs as a "band" or "group" ... and quite frankly... that fucking sucks

Where do you get that he thinks it's ridiculous? And where do you get the number on how interested Axl is in writing/recording with the band?

/jarmo

these are the thoughts I take from reading his interview.... maybe im very wrong? but i dont think so... that is my belief

Ron has been in the band for 7 years ago...and they havent written one song together.... unless its top secret... ron has said its never happened...so I take his word for it...

if there was interest by Axl... what are they waiting for ?

and as far as me saying that Ron thinks its ridiculous to release old songs by people not in the band?

well i do believe this is not the first time Ron has said the band needs to create new stuff as a group

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2013, 03:54:58 AM »

I've been dying to see Bumblefoot play a solo show.

But, having just gone through a similar situation (canceling solo tour dates to play with the way bigger band that i'm not the frontman of, only to have the band show cancelled.....sigh) I feel that the bigger band has to come first no matter what.

You can say "I've got all this other material" and "I was doing this long before I became a side man" but at the end of the day the promoters on your solo gigs are going to put "of GUNS N ROSES" on the poster and you are going to play GNR songs in the show.

It's a catch 22. You can't book the solo gigs because you might have band stuff. But the only reason you are getting offered good solo gigs is because you are in that band.

I hope they offer Ron a definite solid block of time off to do this. But if they don't I still think he should stick it out w/ GNR.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2013, 09:49:22 AM »

Well, I always thought CD was mediocre. Expected more voice-acrobatics and varied musicstyles based on new technology. I didn't expect it to lean so heavily into traditional, classic rock and it had too much soft songs imo.

/flameshield on nervous
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:55:37 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2013, 03:24:10 PM »

If Bumble looses faith in GNR I will loose it too. A band is not a band until it releases music together. I have loved this band for decades. But if he?s out, I?m out too. Because if that should happen, there?s nothing left to hope for. Take your "we don?t owe you anything" and shove it up your ass. Tongue simple as that....
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 03:32:09 PM by lostdream » Logged

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2013, 03:31:27 PM »

If Bumble looses faith in GNR I will loose it too. A band is not a band until it releases music together. I have loved this band for decades. But if he?s out, I?m out too. Because it that should happen, there?s nothing left to hope for. Take your "we don?t owe you anything" and shove it up your ass. Tongue

Well, just to play devil's advocate here, how are they a band now?

I guess I'm asking what's your distinction?  Ron has already told us they have yet to write a note together in the 7 years he's been in the fold.  By your definition, they aren't much of a band right now, right?

Even if Ron sticks around, are they really going to do anything in 2014 on the recording or releasing new music front?  There is no evidence to support that premise.

lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2013, 03:33:00 PM »

There?s "Going Down".

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2013, 03:34:08 PM »

And there?s the little HOPE I have - cause I just love that band - been loving them for sooooooo long. Don?t know..... rant

lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2013, 03:36:41 PM »

If Bumble looses faith in GNR I will loose it too. A band is not a band until it releases music together. I have loved this band for decades. But if he?s out, I?m out too. Because it that should happen, there?s nothing left to hope for. Take your "we don?t owe you anything" and shove it up your ass. Tongue

I guess I'm asking what's your distinction?  Ron has already told us they have yet to write a note together in the 7 years he's been in the fold.  By your definition, they aren't much of a band right now, right?

Even if Ron sticks around, are they really going to do anything in 2014 on the recording or releasing new music front?  There is no evidence to support that premise.

They are constantly touring - which makes Axl more money than releasing music. But to be honest, they are NOT a REAL band by my definition...true Wink

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2013, 03:42:29 PM »

They are constantly touring - which makes Axl more money than releasing music. But to be honest, they are NOT a REAL band by my definition...true Wink

Oh yeah, I was hardly disagreeing with your assessment.  I think its spot on.

Its funny to the point of being downright sad this band has done nothing on the creation front for at least 7 years.  And that's just what we know of from Ron.  Its probably longer.  Unless we are to believe they were frantically writing and creating up until 5 minutes before Ron joined.

lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2013, 03:51:58 PM »

Oh yeah, I was hardly disagreeing with your assessment.  I think its spot on.

Its funny to the point of being downright sad this band has done nothing on the creation front for at least 7 years.  And that's just what we know of from Ron.  Its probably longer.  Unless we are to believe they were frantically writing and creating up until 5 minutes before Ron joined.

THIS. It?s just SAD. I just feel sad about it....Axl wanted people to stick with him through all the shit? We did. What is HE doing? Well I forgot, he is NOT owing us anything.....sure...what about owing something to his band-mates at least? WAKE UP AXL - or it will be just...all gone...

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2013, 04:02:53 PM »

I'm not in a band nor do I write songs. But, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, there's two ways you can write "as a band".

You either get the whole band in a room together and try to create something that everybody's excited about and record it.
Or you get together in smaller groups, let's say two or three band members, you write songs/come up with ideas that you then present to the rest...

What's stopping the band members from employing tactic number two, if getting all eight band members in the same place at the same time to write, is too complicated?

Does anybody believe the original songs on the Use Your Illusions were all written in a room by the whole band?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: