Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:39:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumbelfoot Interview (Talks GN?R)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumbelfoot Interview (Talks GN?R)  (Read 28132 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 12:36:15 PM »

Ron seems to be more into his solo stuff,

Yeah, he is like Buckethead in that regard.

The last thing GNR needs is to bring Robin or buckethead back

If I ever get 2 attend a guns-show I always wanted 2 shout 'where's buckethead!' to troll back to the reunionists hihi

seriously, I love Buckethead and that guns-era/style. Since then and atm they are doing a more classic rock-style. would be sad 2 c b-foot leave cause he plays so much 'out of the box' and has this punk-element with him musicly.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 12:47:00 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 02:33:04 PM »

Didn't he have to cancel solo shows when he joined GN'R? So, what's new?

/jarmo

True enough, I think the lack of communication is part of the problem as well in listening to the interview.  I am sure they will, like always work it all out   ok

I agree. I think there's def. a lack of communication and Ron is def. using the interview as a platform to communicate with the band and band management. Although, I feel sympathy towards ron's frustrations, truth of the matter is, no one would know who Ron is if it weren't for guns...as talented as he is.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2013, 03:27:38 PM »

people always read too much into stuff.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2013, 04:15:38 PM »

Ok so what's your take on it?  Just some good old fashioned clowning around?  It's not hard to see Ron's frustrated.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, 11:17:48 PM »

Ok so what's your take on it?  Just some good old fashioned clowning around?  It's not hard to see Ron's frustrated.

I heard the interview, read the transcript, etc.

I just think there's some stuff going on, as there always is, and it's part of life. Decisions come up in life for everyone. and no matter what decision is made, someone will always be pissed off.

Hope it all gets sorted out soon - for Ron as well as GNR.
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 08:23:23 AM »

I just wish Ron would think twice before saying things like that. The bad press and the old band fans love this kind of thing to bother/trash/judge/blame Axl and the band.

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2013, 10:37:25 AM »

Well if he was told that he has to or should cancel his tour dates.... and then GNR doesnt tour... he loses out on that income...and then cant get an explanation or an answer about what the plan is....

doesnt he have the right to be angry? wouldnt you be angry?

do you think he cares if it makes them look bad in some peoples eyes? they did wrong by him if this is true...which... sounds like it is

they are all just at Axl's beckon call....and since his earning power isnt anything on his own... he has to ride it out...hes in a tough spot

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
spgunner
Headliner

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 11:03:52 AM »

We're nobody to judge what happens inside the GN'R camp - we are not there to know, you just hear from here and there and make your own little judgements. You're just supposing, guessing. Doesn't matter who's right or wrong - if he's inside the band and loves what he does inside (even if there are reasons for him to be angry at something) I don't think it's cool to go to the press to talk about it.

I have a band (a shitty garage band). I don't go talk to my family about issues in the band. I talk to the guys in the band.

I work at a place. If I have issues with my boss, I don't complain to my girl. I go talk to my boss and if I'm not happy, I'll leave.

Point is: doesn't matter if you see this as a band thing, as a employer / emloyee thing or whatever. It's useless to complain about it to the press. I really don't believe this kind of thing makes things better. But I do believe it makes things worse. Seems like he likes Axl. So if he does (and I do believe he does) maybe he should realize this kind of behavior ends up demaging even more Axl's image because he looks like a villain - again.

If I"m in a band, I don't want people to say shit about my band even though I might not be totally happy about it.

If I'm working at a place, I don't want people to say shit about the place that gives me ways to live my life, even though I might not be so happy about it.

No one put a gun on Ron's head to be there. I love the guy. I hope things are ok between the band and him.

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 11:36:27 AM »

i am not supposing or guessing about anything....

Ron had scheduled solo shows didn't he? which were then cancelled because it would conflict with his employer.... these are facts no?

and my point is... id be pretty pissed off too

but I do understand what you are saying youd prefer to not air dirty laundry in public... but hey GNR is a public thing or whatever you want to call it...rons a public figure...he was asked a question and answered it

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 12:00:28 PM »

Fuck, I sense we might lose Ron soon...

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
spgunner
Headliner

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 12:42:03 PM »

i am not supposing or guessing about anything....

Ron had scheduled solo shows didn't he? which were then cancelled because it would conflict with his employer.... these are facts no?

and my point is... id be pretty pissed off too

but I do understand what you are saying youd prefer to not air dirty laundry in public... but hey GNR is a public thing or whatever you want to call it...rons a public figure...he was asked a question and answered it

Yeah, these are facts. But that's what we know. We don't know if there's more behind the scenes. Anyway yes, I don't think it's nice for both sides (the band and Ron) to air dirty laundry in public. And above all, it's not nice to the fans. Ron has all the right in the world to do whatever he wants, but is it right to go public? I don't think any positive thing can come out from acts like this.

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 01:57:07 PM »

Regardless, I'll never understand why Ron chooses to air his grievances publicly like he does. I have no doubts that there have been issues with the band and its management before, yet Ron seems to be the only one that we hear about because he deals with this publicly.

Perhaps he really hates to do this on stage...but he's tried every other fucking way.

You know, to coin a phrase.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 01:58:54 PM »

Well if he was told that he has to or should cancel his tour dates.... and then GNR doesnt tour... he loses out on that income...and then cant get an explanation or an answer about what the plan is....

doesnt he have the right to be angry? wouldnt you be angry?

do you think he cares if it makes them look bad in some peoples eyes? they did wrong by him if this is true...which... sounds like it is

they are all just at Axl's beckon call....and since his earning power isnt anything on his own... he has to ride it out...hes in a tough spot

I don't think the issue is whether or not he has a right to be angry or whether or not we wouldn't be angry.

I think the issue is the same as when Ron vented on Twitter about the scheduling of the additional private show towards the tail end of the 2012 Euro tour.  It's about HOW he handles the anger.

I don't see what there is to gain by airing dirty laundry in public.  If he has a problem with something or someone, he should deal with it with that someone or that group of people.  Venting publicly doesn't bring a solution to the problem any closer to fruition.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 02:01:31 PM »

Regardless, I'll never understand why Ron chooses to air his grievances publicly like he does. I have no doubts that there have been issues with the band and its management before, yet Ron seems to be the only one that we hear about because he deals with this publicly.

Perhaps he really hates to do this on stage...but he's tried every other fucking way.

You know, to coin a phrase.
That would be more believable as his reasoning for going publicly in this instance if he hadn't done this sort of public venting before.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013, 02:11:43 PM »

The one you mentioned about complaining about the private show was out of line.  I'm sure they were well compensated for that.

As for general frustration with this dysfunctional operation, I sure don't blame him.  He can't get an answer from his own band in weeks?  That's unacceptable.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 02:19:27 PM »

The one you mentioned about complaining about the private show was out of line.  I'm sure they were well compensated for that.

As for general frustration with this dysfunctional operation, I sure don't blame him.  He can't get an answer from his own band in weeks?  That's unacceptable.
Don't get me wrong, if there is a plan for the upcoming year, and it has not been communicated to BBF, that is not acceptable.  I'm not questioning that.

As I stated earlier, I'm not questioning his frustration or right to be frustrated, either.

What I'm questioning is the public manner in which he chooses to express his frustration.

I'm also questioning the theory I've read, that you mentioned, that he did this because he had no other alternative to get management's attention.  That theory is based upon the premise that he did this out of necessity as demanded by the particular situation.  My position is that given that he has done this before and there has been fallout from it (let's not forget the "fuck Axl's band" comment that lead to the utter disaster of a chat session on MyGNR), that this was not done deliberately as demanded by the situation.  This was done out of habit.  It's a pattern.

Ali
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2013, 02:21:48 PM »

I can only imagine the frustration he feels.  Fans often do not think of the sacrifice Ron has made for this band already - putting his health on the line by touring immediately following a serious and painful injury.  He rescheduled and cancelled personal commitments, to meet his GnR commitment - with a loss of personal income and 'honor'.  Failure of any employer to recognize/reward that type of commitment can result in a damaged relationship.  He wants to make GnR music - but it just isn't happening as he expected/wants.  It is unfortunate that he is airing this publicly, but we foamers are always digging for more info, aren't we?  Now there is unhappiness about the info we have received.

Relax and enjoy the ride.  GnR is what it is.  Axl is what he is.   I hope we get new music some day, and I hope Ron is a part of it (not in the former member Buckethead sense).

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2013, 02:59:56 PM »

I would generally subscribe to the theory it's best not to air dirty laundry in public. Maybe this is a last ditch effort on his part.
I don't know where the problem lies, but the fact of the matter is, this band falls far short of productive, and Thai has expressed frustration with it before.
Seems he's reached his boiling point. Who could blame him? He's an artist who's job is to create. It's bad enough GN'R can't manage to create new music of it's own, but on top of it they are holding him back from his side projects. He knows what the public perception of GN'R today is, and seems to genuinely want to be a part of the solution, but it comes down to how much he's willing to sacrifice.
GN'R has undoubtedly afforded him opportunities he wouldn't otherwise have had, but at some point his desire to create could outweigh the artistically barren existence GN'R offers these days, despite the financial stability that comes along with it.

Maybe it turns out to be a good thing and Axl and GN'R view Thai as enough of an asset to appease and get the ball rolling on a creative level.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2013, 03:10:06 PM »

My guess would be that he also had to pay a non-returnable deposit on these venues, so as well as dipping out on ticket sales he has lost money on setting these things up. Again a guess, but I'd imagine that the GnR fees would dwarf these gigs IF GnR shows go ahead, but then again maybe they don't.  Undecided
Princess Leia
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013, 04:18:16 PM »

We're nobody to judge what happens inside the GN'R camp - we are not there to know, you just hear from here and there and make your own little judgements. You're just supposing, guessing. Doesn't matter who's right or wrong - if he's inside the band and loves what he does inside (even if there are reasons for him to be angry at something) I don't think it's cool to go to the press to talk about it.

I have a band (a shitty garage band). I don't go talk to my family about issues in the band. I talk to the guys in the band.

I work at a place. If I have issues with my boss, I don't complain to my girl. I go talk to my boss and if I'm not happy, I'll leave.

Point is: doesn't matter if you see this as a band thing, as a employer / emloyee thing or whatever. It's useless to complain about it to the press. I really don't believe this kind of thing makes things better. But I do believe it makes things worse. Seems like he likes Axl. So if he does (and I do believe he does) maybe he should realize this kind of behavior ends up demaging even more Axl's image because he looks like a villain - again.

If I"m in a band, I don't want people to say shit about my band even though I might not be totally happy about it.

If I'm working at a place, I don't want people to say shit about the place that gives me ways to live my life, even though I might not be so happy about it.

No one put a gun on Ron's head to be there. I love the guy. I hope things are ok between the band and him.

Sometimes extreme meassures are necessary. Axl did it in 1989 when he called out his then band mates because they were dancing with Mr Brownstone. Axl never meant that it was their last show. He just meant to reach out to them or to get their attention and reaction. Because he was frustrated and tired. My guess is Ron meant something similar not just air dirty laundry for the hell of it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: