Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:22:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumbelfoot Interview (Talks GN?R)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumbelfoot Interview (Talks GN?R)  (Read 28356 times)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2013, 04:23:00 PM »

My guess would be that he also had to pay a non-returnable deposit on these venues, so as well as dipping out on ticket sales he has lost money on setting these things up. Again a guess, but I'd imagine that the GnR fees would dwarf these gigs IF GnR shows go ahead, but then again maybe they don't.  Undecided

The promoter would have lost money on this, not Bumble, more than likely. Which is why he is pissed. Cancelling a show for "no good reason" can put a bad taste in a promoter's mouth because they have to back the show financially.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
GeetarMikey
Opening Act

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2013, 04:46:05 PM »

Ron's a creative dude so he must get pretty frustrated with the lack of creative activity in GN'R. Even when he releases his own stuff, tries to tour it then has to cancel for yet another tour of GN'R hits it must get even doubly frustrating.

As far as the " Ron airing dirty laundry in public" goes, wasn't that the main thing Axl was doing on the UYI tour when he ranted at the audience about things in his life that were on his mind? I know it's technically *his* band, but let's not call Ron out for it, especially when it's something like this and not an attack on Warren Beatty or whoever was annoying Axl that day...

That said, I hope BBF can carry on playing with them as he's probably one of the only guitarists in the world at his technical level and it's awesome to see him play with them at such a high level.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2013, 05:54:15 PM »

Ron's a creative dude so he must get pretty frustrated with the lack of creative activity in GN'R. Even when he releases his own stuff, tries to tour it then has to cancel for yet another tour of GN'R hits it must get even doubly frustrating.

As far as the " Ron airing dirty laundry in public" goes, wasn't that the main thing Axl was doing on the UYI tour when he ranted at the audience about things in his life that were on his mind? I know it's technically *his* band, but let's not call Ron out for it, especially when it's something like this and not an attack on Warren Beatty or whoever was annoying Axl that day...

That said, I hope BBF can carry on playing with them as he's probably one of the only guitarists in the world at his technical level and it's awesome to see him play with them at such a high level.

I'm sorry, but that is a poor analogy.  Venting about your own personal life on stage is one thing, venting about internal matters publicly is another.  Axl has done that before, and it was a poor choice then, just as Ron's continual decision to do that now is a poor choice as it serves no constructive purpose towards the resolution of whatever issues there are.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2013, 06:27:09 PM »

I have always gotten the impression he's really the only one that questions the way things are done. 

I don't know if the others are just beaten down, or cowed, or whatever.  But Ron seems to be the only one that does not fall in line.  And perhaps the lone voice asking "Does this sound nuts to anyone else?"  You need that guy sometimes.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2013, 06:37:12 PM »

I have always gotten the impression he's really the only one that questions the way things are done. 

I don't know if the others are just beaten down, or cowed, or whatever.  But Ron seems to be the only one that does not fall in line.  And perhaps the lone voice asking "Does this sound nuts to anyone else?"  You need that guy sometimes.
Is that really the case?  Or is it that Ron is the only one who raises questions publicly?

No offense, but how would you or I know if Tommy or Richard or Dizzy raised questions internally?

Ali
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2013, 06:47:38 PM »

Here's my two cents for what it's worth:

Ron said he told management about his issues. Then he was asked a question during an interview and he answered it. It's not like there's going to be some bombshell surprise for the management peeps when/if they see the interview.

Now, would he have answered the question publicly if he hadn't talked to management first? Who knows. Course that's not the issue.

The other thing a bunch of people on here seem to forget is that these dudes have been here before. So public complaints are not anything new. Band members fight, people fight, whatever.

Course some of the fans/speculators/whatever just like to create drama after they read a fucking interview.

Also, as someone else said, it's not like Axl hasn't publicly bitched about something.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2013, 06:54:39 PM »

Is that really the case?  Or is it that Ron is the only one who raises questions publicly?

No offense, but how would you or I know if Tommy or Richard or Dizzy raised questions internally?

What's the difference?

We work with what we have.  I have these sorts of comments from him and nothing like that from the others.  That's the issue.

We always seem to run into this trap in the GNRverse, don't we?  Can't ever just talk about what's in front of us.  Because...hey, we don't know what happened "behind the scenes".  Oh, but we can probably assume its the complete opposite thing, almost always. 

All that does is shut down the conversation.  A band possibly the least entitled to the benefit of the doubt gets it in spades from certain segments of the fanbase.  And its always exonerating, isn't it?  What good fortune.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2013, 07:09:03 PM »

What's the difference?

We work with what we have.  I have these sorts of comments from him and nothing like that from the others.  That's the issue.

We always seem to run into this trap in the GNRverse, don't we?  Can't ever just talk about what's in front of us.  Because...hey, we don't know what happened "behind the scenes".  Oh, but we can probably assume its the complete opposite thing, almost always. 

All that does is shut down the conversation.  A band possibly the least entitled to the benefit of the doubt gets it in spades from certain segments of the fanbase.  And its always exonerating, isn't it?  What good fortune.

There's a huge difference.  Making a statement that Ron is the only way who questions how things are done is an assumption that may or may not be true.

The fact is that if the other band members question things, but don't do it publicly, that doesn't mean that they aren't questioning things.  It just means that aren't doing so publicly.

I think you have to acknowledge that we cannot know what goes on behind the scenes with this band, because, for no other reason, it's the truth.

That doesn't mean that there is complete incongruity between what the public sees and what the situation is in its totality (public and private).  It's just acknowledging that there is a possibility.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2013, 07:25:00 PM »

I think you have to acknowledge that we cannot know what goes on behind the scenes with this band, because, for no other reason, it's the truth.

That doesn't mean that there is complete incongruity between what the public sees and what the situation is in its totality (public and private).  It's just acknowledging that there is a possibility.

Tell me this, Ali.  Tell me if you either are this person, or if you at least accept the argument.

We have 25 years of public behavior from Axl Rose to draw from, right?  And while he is my favorite singer ever, always will be, the fact remains that he can act like an unprofessional jackass a lot of the time.  Late start times, flying off the handle with rants, burning many bridges all around.  We all see that.

But I have seen people say "oh, so you KNOW him, personally?"  And then we go into that since I didn't go to summer camp with him nor live in the same apartment complex, I can't possibly make an informed judgment on the man's behavior.

Yeah?  Bullshit.  Is it *possible* he's a prince of a guy out of the public eye, at complete odds with the person he's presented in public for 25 years?  I suppose.  Is it likely?  I'd argue no.  And I'd take it even further and say I'm not even arguing that, because you can't disprove a negative.  But I know what I see, and what I have seen since I stared following this guy at 12 years old.  He can be a little off.

Would you be a person that supports that concept?  Or do I not have the basis to make such an assessment?

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2013, 08:17:03 PM »

"...the man's a genius!" (Dennis Hopper/Apocalypse Now)

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2013, 08:23:08 PM »

Hahahaha.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2013, 08:36:38 PM »

Tell me this, Ali.  Tell me if you either are this person, or if you at least accept the argument.

We have 25 years of public behavior from Axl Rose to draw from, right?  And while he is my favorite singer ever, always will be, the fact remains that he can act like an unprofessional jackass a lot of the time.  Late start times, flying off the handle with rants, burning many bridges all around.  We all see that.

But I have seen people say "oh, so you KNOW him, personally?"  And then we go into that since I didn't go to summer camp with him nor live in the same apartment complex, I can't possibly make an informed judgment on the man's behavior.

Yeah?  Bullshit.  Is it *possible* he's a prince of a guy out of the public eye, at complete odds with the person he's presented in public for 25 years?  I suppose.  Is it likely?  I'd argue no.  And I'd take it even further and say I'm not even arguing that, because you can't disprove a negative.  But I know what I see, and what I have seen since I stared following this guy at 12 years old.  He can be a little off.

Would you be a person that supports that concept?  Or do I not have the basis to make such an assessment?
I'm not sure what this has to do with BBF's interview.

But, certainly, one can look at Axl's behavior and say that he can behave like a jackass sometimes.  Can we say that's the whole story when it comes to him?

I wouldn't go there.  Not unless I knew him personally, IMO.  

I think there's a difference between judging his behavior and judging the person.  You making a call on his behavior is totally understandable, though.

But, to be fair, the reality is we don't have 25 years of public behavior from him.  We have bursts of a few years here and there of public behavior ('87-'93, 2000-2002, 2006-2007, 2009-2010, 2011-2012).  Truthfully, there have been many years of complete and utter public silence from him.  In other words, he really hasn't been in the public eye for a period of 25 years continuously.

Ali

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2013, 09:09:32 PM »

But, to be fair, the reality is we don't have 25 years of public behavior from him.  We have bursts of a few years here and there of public behavior ('87-'93, 2000-2002, 2006-2007, 2009-2010, 2011-2012).  Truthfully, there have been many years of complete and utter public silence from him.  In other words, he really hasn't been in the public eye for a period of 25 years continuously.

Always with the semantics.

The point is that we have a big enough body of work to form an opinion.  We don't have to be blood brothers.

But how it relates to Bumble's interview is that we go with what we know. 

Ali
Legend

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2013, 10:12:21 PM »

Always with the semantics.

The point is that we have a big enough body of work to form an opinion.  We don't have to be blood brothers.

But how it relates to Bumble's interview is that we go with what we know. 

Not really semantics so much as a clarification, but be that as it may, yes, there is a large enough body of work to form the opinion that Axl can act like a jackass.  No, you don't have to be blood brothers to form that opinion. 

But, there may be more to him than what we've seen, just like there may be more behind the scenes disagreements and questioning that we may be privy to.  I'm not saying there is, just that it is certainly possible.

Ali
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2013, 03:36:17 AM »

You know what, when Ron joined GN'R in 2006. He WAS that guy who would sugar coat interviews to make it seem like "all is well and dandy", with the inner workings of GN'R. He would say that the band hang together all the time, he would say Axl's lateness was not an issue, and he would always make it seem like Chinese Democracy's release was right around the corner when asked.

BUT, now Ron has a totally different attitude, and he doesn't give a shit anymore about twisting the truth to give the "team Axl" answer. He has publicity criticised Axl's tardiness at arriving on time for shows, and has also let his frustrations be known about tour plans, recording, and a number of other things.

Fact is, no matter if Richard, Dizzy or Tommy raise issues behind the scenes. They know it's a no go area, to publibily speak negatively of Axl or management. Because they know how the press will jump on it, like a fish on a hook. But Ron has got to the point where he is almost daring Axl to make a move, and he just doesn't care because he can see that nothing has/or ever will change in relation to Guns lack of structure and common sense.

And lastly, no point in debating with Ali. He's one of those who wants to be seen as being the "Axl police", and he won't see the negative in anything and the things... The rest of us clearly are frustrated about. He would still be sitting behind his keyboard telling us to stop being negative, if we was still waiting for Chinese Democracy.  hihi (and I'm not joking either)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2013, 06:21:35 AM »

Could have sworn I read this interview before but it was an interview with Slash and it was 1995 / 6.

Sick of the late starts.
No communication.
Not knowing when or if they would be starting work for a new album.
What knowing what the future plans are.
Not sure whether to commit to Guns or solo music. 
Pure frustration in general. 

I don't know what it is with Guns to be honest.  Is it management, is it Axl, is it legal issues? 
What actually makes it so difficult to get together and record music and get it out there.

Its really sad at this point and I get the feeling we will never actually know what the answer is. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2013, 07:53:21 AM »

Well,there goes the tight and problem-free line up it once was.
I wish I'll be wrong but I can see the avalanche coming down.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2013, 08:34:59 AM »

Seems like he's upset because he can't just book shows to the left and right, he has that band's plans to consider. And sometimes they collide.

I guess he asked management something and got an answer. Then made new plans according to the answer he got, but then plans changed again. And now he's upset because he can't get an answer?

Maybe nothing is set in stone so there's no real answer, yet?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2013, 09:22:04 AM »

Could have sworn I read this interview before but it was an interview with Slash and it was 1995 / 6.

Sick of the late starts.
No communication.
Not knowing when or if they would be starting work for a new album.
What knowing what the future plans are.
Not sure whether to commit to Guns or solo music. 
Pure frustration in general. 

I don't know what it is with Guns to be honest.  Is it management, is it Axl, is it legal issues? 
What actually makes it so difficult to get together and record music and get it out there.

Its really sad at this point and I get the feeling we will never actually know what the answer is. 

Oh, I think we know.  The common denominator for the same complaints over 2 decades is always one man.

snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2013, 09:23:12 AM »

Hahahaha.

"He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!"

- John Milton (Al Pacino) in "Devil's Advocate"

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: