Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:25:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2014 FIFA World Cup
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 FIFA World Cup  (Read 15361 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 07:28:44 AM »

So far, is this the greatest World Cup in history? I think so.

it is easily the greatest i have ever seen. so far, that is. still very early. but there are lots of goals being scored - about 3 per game. and no ties until yesterdays snooze fest between iran and nigeria. and so many matches have been really enjoyable to watch.
and games i was not expecting to be entertaining have been incredible, such as Brazil-Croatia, Mexico-Cameroon, Chile-Austalia.
and we've had some truly shocking results....costa rica upsetting uruguay, and Netherlands dismantling Spain.
most of the good matchups have delivered as well....Italy-England, Ivory Coast-Japan, USA-Ghana.
yes, awesome WC thus far!

and great win by USA last night!!!!  beer

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 02:44:21 PM »

So far, the players that have stood out most to me in the games I've watched are:

Brazil -- David Luiz, Oscar
Croatia -- Modric, Srna
Netherlands -- Van Persie, Robben
Italy -- Pirlo
England -- Sterling
Argentina -- Messi
Germany -- Lamm, Mueller
US -- Jones
Ghana - Atsu

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 05:24:22 PM »

So far, is this the greatest World Cup in history? I think so.

it is easily the greatest i have ever seen. so far, that is. still very early. but there are lots of goals being scored - about 3 per game. and no ties until yesterdays snooze fest between iran and nigeria. and so many matches have been really enjoyable to watch.
and games i was not expecting to be entertaining have been incredible, such as Brazil-Croatia, Mexico-Cameroon, Chile-Austalia.
and we've had some truly shocking results....costa rica upsetting uruguay, and Netherlands dismantling Spain.
most of the good matchups have delivered as well....Italy-England, Ivory Coast-Japan, USA-Ghana.
yes, awesome WC thus far!

and great win by USA last night!!!!  beer

Maybe i exaggerated  hihi . But yes, it is the greatest I have ever seen.

I'm in love with Robben  love  hihi .

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2014, 10:11:52 AM »

Completely deflated from last night's 2-2 US-Portugal result.  US could not have blown it better on that late equalizer if they had tried. 

Bradley's midfield turnover that led to the goal was mind-blowingly horrendous.  The team is trying to hold a 1-goal lead for one more minute yet he's playing with the intensity to match a backyard pick-up game with his cousins at a family picnic.  I mean... look at this shit:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/5C13C8DF5A1092650964491685888_21d5a88d56a.0.4.10236955366937105848.mp4?versionId=fceFv1Fbu_xPZ7rjm.CBTzWkXZCyqv4P

Bear in mind, he's supposed to be USA's best player.  He's been awful both games so far.  From the interviews I've seen with him, he appears to be a stoner dude and my guess is that the pressure of the event is just too much for him and he's been smoking way more pot than usual. 

sandman
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2014, 11:15:49 AM »

USA advanced from the group of death! Huge accomplishment.

Bradley has been awful in every match. He needs to find his game.

Belgium is very good, but beatable. We are lucky to avoid the true powerhouses in the first knockout match. 

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2014, 12:44:48 PM »

Fuck 'Em All.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2014, 11:22:49 AM »

this WC is really making a push for the greatest ever! 2 of the first 4 knockout games go to PK, and a third (netherlands-mexico) was just an incredible match. i really felt bad for mexico. they had a great tournament and it was looking like they might pull off a huge upset. they're a dangerous team.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2014, 02:02:36 PM »

this WC is really making a push for the greatest ever! 2 of the first 4 knockout games go to PK, and a third (netherlands-mexico) was just an incredible match. i really felt bad for mexico. they had a great tournament and it was looking like they might pull off a huge upset. they're a dangerous team.

Mexico gave both Brazil and Holland all they can handle.  To me, that illustrates the potential of this US team because the US has had the edge over Mexico in recent years (2 wins, 3 draws, no losses vs. Mexico in the last 3 years). 
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 10:13:46 PM »

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Jarmie!  hihi

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: