Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:55:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Explain some things for me?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Explain some things for me?  (Read 2884 times)
IRanOutOfIdeas
Opening Act

« on: December 07, 2013, 06:23:32 PM »

I have a few questions that hopefully one of you all could answer.

1) Can someone explain to me why Chris Pitman is still in GNR? What are the merits that he brings to the band and are those merits big enough to validate him being a member?

I know he was added in '98 to complete the lineup, but honestly that was a niche that was filled 15 years ago. I don't understand why any band needs a second keyboardist. I feel like anything Chris can do, Dizzy Reed can do better alone (He has done the job well for over 20 years, hasn't he?).

In terms of live performances I will admit I've never been to a GNR show yet so this probably contributes to my lack of ignorance. That aside though, I really don't see Pitman doing a lot on the stage. To me, it's like the band is trying to hide his presence. Take for example when the band is doing a pre-CD song such as Welcome to the Jungle. For live performances on that song, Pitman is stuck whacking a tambourine that's not even audible. And even when he is playing keys on a classic song such as Paradise City, it's drowned out by the guitar onslaught that's occurring on stage.

For the CD songs (Both studio and live), he's left to synths, programming, sub-bass etc., which I think doesn't belong in GNR's sound at all. If he had any writing or production credits on CD, I think he should be given those and leave it there. I can't get over the idea that he's just a waste of space for the band. I remember when Axl appeared on Jimmy Kemmel, he was asked who would be the first member of the band to go, he replied with "Probably Pitman". Honestly, I'd welcome that.

2) What the hell is Team Brazil?

3) Who's MSL?

4) Who's the current manager for GNR?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 06:49:11 PM by IRanOutOfIdeas » Logged
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 02:13:55 AM »

Why don't you use Google? Takes 15 min to find out  Tongue

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Princess Leia
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 08:59:16 AM »

I have a few questions that hopefully one of you all could answer.

1) Can someone explain to me why Chris Pitman is still in GNR? What are the merits that he brings to the band and are those merits big enough to validate him being a member?

I know he was added in '98 to complete the lineup, but honestly that was a niche that was filled 15 years ago. I don't understand why any band needs a second keyboardist. I feel like anything Chris can do, Dizzy Reed can do better alone (He has done the job well for over 20 years, hasn't he?).

In terms of live performances I will admit I've never been to a GNR show yet so this probably contributes to my lack of ignorance. That aside though, I really don't see Pitman doing a lot on the stage. To me, it's like the band is trying to hide his presence. Take for example when the band is doing a pre-CD song such as Welcome to the Jungle. For live performances on that song, Pitman is stuck whacking a tambourine that's not even audible. And even when he is playing keys on a classic song such as Paradise City, it's drowned out by the guitar onslaught that's occurring on stage.

For the CD songs (Both studio and live), he's left to synths, programming, sub-bass etc., which I think doesn't belong in GNR's sound at all. If he had any writing or production credits on CD, I think he should be given those and leave it there. I can't get over the idea that he's just a waste of space for the band. I remember when Axl appeared on Jimmy Kemmel, he was asked who would be the first member of the band to go, he replied with "Probably Pitman". Honestly, I'd welcome that.

2) What the hell is Team Brazil?

3) Who's MSL?

4) Who's the current manager for GNR?

Thanks!

Quick answers. And please come back to earth as soon as you can. These answers are well known info in every single GN?R community.

1) Because Axl wants him there, period.

2 and 4) Team Brazil are Beta and Fernando Lebeis who are the current managers. Beta?s daughter Vanessa was also part of it. Now she is pregnant so I don?t know if she is still working with GN?R or not

3) MSL is a former wrestler. He seems to be a fan. He has he own website/forum. He claims to be some kind of insider. He has stolen, as far as I know, a few unheard songs. He hates former GN?R members and he is always trying to portray them as evil. I wouldn?t waste time with him and his bullshit. He is an attention whore
IRanOutOfIdeas
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 11:20:37 PM »

I'm new to the whole insider community and I'd rather get answers from people on here. But thank you.

Still waiting for a coherent answer on Pitman's merits though.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 07:58:39 AM »

Chris Pitman is a very talented musician, please don't pass him off just because you can't easily see what he does in a live setting. Dizzy plays a lot of the natural keyboard parts, while Chris plays all of the synth and FX that is present during a lot of songs.

While Dizzy is banging the bongos during WTTJ, Chris is actually playing synth which fits and adds to the song. During the chorus he plays some FX which acts as a sort of voice, which replicates the way Duff sang the "aahhs" in the old days. So he does an awful lot, and is brilliant.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: