Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:16:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2014 South America tour setlist
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 South America tour setlist  (Read 40239 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2014, 04:21:16 PM »

We can also exclusively reveal that the band are planning to present 2 to 3 new songs during next years touring.

How some of you manage to interpret that as "at the next show(s)", well that's up to you to explain....
Sorry for sticking to what was said instead of what you want was said....

By this rationale, if the entire tour comes and goes and no new songs are heard, can a critical comment be made then?

Or will you have some other way to excuse it?

I guess how someone answers that question may depend on whether or not they see a distinction between MyGNR Forum making those statements to the fanbase and GN'R themselves making those statements.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2014, 04:21:56 PM »

After following Pearl Jam for years, all other bands setlist are a joke, especially Guns N Roses.
Eddie spends a couple of hours before each show figuring out the setlist, axl rose havent spent 1 hour in the last 10 years.

Yeah, those are my 2 favorite bands, GNR & Pearl Jam.

The fan experiences could not be more different.  Communication, live show, basic respect for the fanbase.  Its night and day.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2014, 04:24:52 PM »

We can also exclusively reveal that the band are planning to present 2 to 3 new songs during next years touring.

How some of you manage to interpret that as "at the next show(s)", well that's up to you to explain....

By this rationale, if the entire tour comes and goes and no new songs are heard, can a critical comment be made then?

I guess how someone answers that question may depend on whether or not they see a distinction between MyGNR Forum making those statements to the fanbase and GN'R themselves making those statements.

Well, he's the one that's constantly puffing out his chest, as he did above.

If you are going to get all uppity about people supposedly "demanding" new songs the first night although the comment about new songs was to be over the duration of the tour, you are telling us to shut our traps if they aren't played the first night.

Fine. 

So say they aren't played over the course of the entire tour.  Can we seriously expect Jarmo to say we have a legit beef at that point?  Or is that the point we pivot to how you can't trust those bastards at MYGNR anyway?

Once again, for the record, I personally expect no new songs.  You will not hear this gripe from me, personally.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 04:33:00 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2014, 05:58:15 PM »

Well, he's the one that's constantly puffing out his chest, as he did above.

If you are going to get all uppity about people supposedly "demanding" new songs the first night although the comment about new songs was to be over the duration of the tour, you are telling us to shut our traps if they aren't played the first night.

Fine. 

So say they aren't played over the course of the entire tour.  Can we seriously expect Jarmo to say we have a legit beef at that point?  Or is that the point we pivot to how you can't trust those bastards at MYGNR anyway?

Once again, for the record, I personally expect no new songs.  You will not hear this gripe from me, personally.

I have no problems with the folks at MyGNR and their trustworthiness.  I'm not trying to imply anyone should.

I'm just saying that some people may not view a comment from MyGNR as being the same as a comment from GN'R in terms of being "official" or "confirmed".  Therefore, how they answer the question you asked may depend on how they view that.

Some may say you shouldn't have trusted MyGNR to be a definitive word, yes.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2014, 05:59:56 PM »

Some may say you shouldn't have trusted MyGNR to be a definitive word, yes.

And that's fair.

Hey, they are names on a screen.  What the hell do I know about them, really?

I don't expect new songs, but playing even one would be a great sign, I think.  Shows there might still be a future.

banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2014, 12:37:00 PM »

I dont know about you guys but every show ive been to has been different in its own ways.

2002 Vancouver- sold everything of any value i owned to fly to vancouver too see the show that started and ended in a riot, but to honest that whole day for me seemed off like i knew somthing was going to go wrong gut feeling i guess. I didnt riot myself but watched from a safe distance waiting for my ride to find me.

2006 Edmonton-Band was great opened with jungle down on the farm was played bubbles came out on stage as did Sebastian. and Dizzy's piano solo angie was fucking killer.

2010 Saskatoon- The best show ive ever been to! front row, catcher in the rye was played after i yelled it out half a dozen times and if you check it out on youtube you can here Axl refering to the request from the front row about getting your entertainment value. shackler's revenge and whole lotta rosie kicked ass. It was the only time that tour that Sebastian Bach came on stage with Nick Sterling & Danko jones to close the show with "night train"  Grin now that my friends is a rare show! Paradise City was played that night with confetti cannon twice

2012 Las Vegas- What can i say first time in vegas was great. Estranged,civil war and TWAT was played along with covers Motivation,Another Brick in the Wall,Glad to Be Here,The Seeker and Don't Let it Bring You Down

2014 las vegas may31-???  ok

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2014, 03:40:46 PM »

I gotta admit I am very pumped up to hear how this first show goes....

will there be a new song...

how will axl sound...

will axl wear the same stuff he wore all last tour like those hats and the glasses....shit like that

and hopefully Izzy rocks it out at some point too!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:43:59 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2014, 01:51:47 PM »

I gotta admit I am very pumped up to hear how this first show goes....

will there be a new song...

how will axl sound...

will axl wear the same stuff he wore all last tour like those hats and the glasses....shit like that

and hopefully Izzy rocks it out at some point too!

yeah...I'm pretty pumped too!  I hope there's an Axl siting (pic or video at the airport, hotel, etc.) soon.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2014, 02:33:47 PM »

I'm far more concerned he sounds good than I am in setlist variety.

Yes, I'd like it mixed up some.  And yes, I would absolutely love a new song.  But first things first, he needs to be in good voice.

I would take the same setlist in the same order, but with Axl in better voice, and consider that a win.

nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2014, 06:28:57 PM »

Anyone else wishes for the cycling shorts ?
White,red or black ? hihi

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2014, 09:53:21 PM »

Little to no change.  That's my guess.

And admonishment for anyone that dares rolls their eyes at it playing out that way.

This is exactly what I think too.  Maybe we'll get a new 'jam' and that will count as the song. 

A new 'jam' would be amazing!  hihi
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2014, 09:54:19 PM »

Won't be long now ladies and gentlemen.  The next chapter starts now.   ok
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2014, 08:46:59 AM »

I dont know about you guys but every show ive been to has been different in its own ways.

2002 Vancouver- sold everything of any value i owned to fly to vancouver too see the show that started and ended in a riot, but to honest that whole day for me seemed off like i knew somthing was going to go wrong gut feeling i guess. I didnt riot myself but watched from a safe distance waiting for my ride to find me.

2006 Edmonton-Band was great opened with jungle down on the farm was played bubbles came out on stage as did Sebastian. and Dizzy's piano solo angie was fucking killer.

2010 Saskatoon- The best show ive ever been to! front row, catcher in the rye was played after i yelled it out half a dozen times and if you check it out on youtube you can here Axl refering to the request from the front row about getting your entertainment value. shackler's revenge and whole lotta rosie kicked ass. It was the only time that tour that Sebastian Bach came on stage with Nick Sterling & Danko jones to close the show with "night train"  Grin now that my friends is a rare show! Paradise City was played that night with confetti cannon twice

2012 Las Vegas- What can i say first time in vegas was great. Estranged,civil war and TWAT was played along with covers Motivation,Another Brick in the Wall,Glad to Be Here,The Seeker and Don't Let it Bring You Down

2014 las vegas may31-???  ok

Great stories!
im sure you will remember those the rest of your life! Smiley

The famous Vancouver riot , and that  Saskatoon show which was surely one of the best gnr shows in the 2010s even tho i havent heard it.  Plus how many time the band have played a request? not many...

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2014, 10:53:16 AM »

Do you think that a medley would fit ?
We had an older discussion about it but it's a long shot.Which songs to squeeze in there etc...

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2014, 09:28:15 AM »

Riad would still be epic to see live.
Also one of my all time favs Prostitute .live it would be amazing, that one as the last song of the night drool drool drool

I.R.S could work well in the set around where catcher is now

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2014, 11:07:57 AM »

After following Pearl Jam for years, all other bands setlist are a joke, especially Guns N Roses.
Eddie spends a couple of hours before each show figuring out the setlist, axl rose havent spent 1 hour in the last 10 years.

How do you know this ? You friends with Axl ? You work for Guns N Roses ?.......

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2014, 11:36:44 AM »

How do you know this ? You friends with Axl ? You work for Guns N Roses ?.......

I'm not sure you have to take it literally to try and belittle what is a very valid point.

No Pearl Jam setlist is the same.  If they hit your town for 4 nights, you get 4 different shows.  Now, to be honest, that is nowhere near the norm for an arena type act.  Most have somewhat set setlists to go with lighting cues and whatnot.

But while Pearl Jam may be at the far end of the setlist variety scale, GNR is at the complete other end.  You can't expect every big time band to play a completely different set every night.  But you can absolutely expect variation leg to leg, which Axl does not do.  We could have typed up this tour's setlist before opening night, and been right.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2014, 12:14:11 PM »

I'm not sure you have to take it literally to try and belittle what is a very valid point.

No Pearl Jam setlist is the same.  If they hit your town for 4 nights, you get 4 different shows.  Now, to be honest, that is nowhere near the norm for an arena type act.  Most have somewhat set setlists to go with lighting cues and whatnot.

But while Pearl Jam may be at the far end of the setlist variety scale, GNR is at the complete other end.  You can't expect every big time band to play a completely different set every night.  But you can absolutely expect variation leg to leg, which Axl does not do.  We could have typed up this tour's setlist before opening night, and been right.

At an average age of 70, The Stones offer more variation, not to mention new songs, from leg to leg than Guns N' Roses.  For whatever reason, it seems like they're going to stay on Autopilot for the foreseeable future.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:16:55 PM by sofine11 » Logged
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2014, 12:53:25 PM »

.  No shit. What's the difference anyway? Pearl jam has like a zillion songs & release albums constantly- they all sound the same- GnR plays an entirely different type of music & vibe to their shows - they have certain songs like Jungle & Paradise City that are perfect for the beginning & end of the show- & other tunes that just work well in certain spots- Cd Jungle ISE Brownstone- gotta b the best & most intense opening in a hard rock show- if it ain't broke don't fix it! ok

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2014, 12:58:04 PM »

At an average age of 70, The Stones offer more variation, not to mention new songs, from leg to leg than Guns N' Roses.  For whatever reason, it seems like they're going to stay on Autopilot for the foreseeable future.

True?but you know that will be met on here with ?yeah, but the fans had fun so shut it.?

I?m curious, is that also the justification for the late shows and corresponding booing?that ultimately the fans had a good time so all is forgiven forgotten?

On the flip side, it?s cool to see Civil War back in the mix, and that the setlist has already been expanded after a couple shows.  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: