Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:08:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2014 South America tour setlist
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 South America tour setlist  (Read 40228 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2014, 12:59:55 PM »

The thing about setlists is that everybody has their own "perfect" one.
So you can imagine how many perfect setlists exist in fans' minds at a show... Thousands! Wink

There was a time (no pun intended) when a song like Don't Cry wasn't part of the set. Or Estranged.

If one of the more known tracks was removed, will people miss it? Of course.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2014, 03:14:58 PM »

So you can imagine how many perfect setlists exist in fans' minds at a show... Thousands! Wink

There was a time (no pun intended) when a song like Don't Cry wasn't part of the set. Or Estranged.

/jarmo

This is something I've been wondering when it comes to bands that have released like 10 to 20 albums.. how do they build their setlists? With Guns N' Roses it's a little easier as they don't have that many albums, although every one of those albums is a great one. But as you hinted there, it is impossible to build the perfect setlist to please everyone. What I'd like to see GN'R do again, would be something they did during some of the UYI tours; change the setlist from night to night. Play whatever they feel like playing at that exact moment.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2014, 07:58:46 PM »

Play whatever they feel like playing at that exact moment.

How do you know that nowadays they are not doing exactly that?
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2014, 03:29:53 AM »

Play whatever they feel like playing at that exact moment.

How do you know that nowadays they are not doing exactly that?

Well, of course it might be that playing almost the same setlist from night to night is what they feel like doing.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2014, 12:04:28 PM »

/jarmo

It's a different thing hoping certain songs to be played one time somewhere,than expecting self-appealing setlists. I'm pretty sure all fans like 90% of the last set and everybody expects to hear Jungle opening.
One can't be serious saying to open with Yesterdays or playing Ain't it fun....

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2014, 06:12:01 PM »

"The people of the Internet" sometimes forget that they're not the only ones attending these shows.

There's a lot of fans who got Appetite in high school, and then graduated, got jobs, got families and lost interest in music. But they're happy to slow dance to November Rain every few years at a show!
Or have a few drinks and get hammered!  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2014, 03:58:49 AM »

Spot on.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2014, 05:34:23 PM »

From Twitter: bumblefoot: If I was to pick another Bumblefoot song to play as my solo for the next #GNR tour, which song would you like to hear...?

/jarmo

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2014, 06:15:53 PM »

I sure hope for Cactus, though I know it's a long shot...

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2014, 08:05:43 AM »

Im from Rio and I'll be attending the show!  beer
There's been a lot of publicity in radio stations, internet and banners across the city...i'm hoping for a packed venue, despite the fact the last major rock concerts here were a let down in terms of attendance.
Concerts used to take place at Pra?a da Apoteose venue...with a 40k ppl capacity... now promoters are using HSBC Arena instead, capacity is around 15K ppl only. However, ticket prices increased and thats my concern!

As for the setlist, im really not looking forward for big changes...I think there will be some new solos or jams only. If they keep Estranged, Civil War and Dont Cry thats fine with me! But theres always hope for a UYI surprise... imagine opening up with Right Next Door To Hell!?

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2014, 09:46:15 AM »

From Twitter: bumblefoot: If I was to pick another Bumblefoot song to play as my solo for the next #GNR tour, which song would you like to hear...?

/jarmo

REAL

love

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2014, 11:57:02 AM »

"The people of the Internet" sometimes forget that they're not the only ones attending these shows.

There's a lot of fans who got Appetite in high school, and then graduated, got jobs, got families and lost interest in music. But they're happy to slow dance to November Rain every few years at a show!
Or have a few drinks and get hammered!  hihi

Very true.  And obviously, some songs will be in every GNR setlist from not until the end of time.

But the lack of variety from leg to leg is what leads to some people saying that Axl has been doing the same tour for 13 years.  And if you want to say "so what?", that is your prerogative.  But what you can't say is that they are wrong and there is great variety on display here.  Not really.

This is what leads to people saying they aren't buying a ticket going forward until they see what the show looks like.  Because most people feel they have already seen this show, some, several times.

This is why the UYI tour was so awesome.  The 3 main legs (May 1991 - August 1991, December 1991 - January 1993, February 1993 - July 1993) each had a different look and feel to it.  No matter how you slice it, since the band's relaunch, there has not been that sort of variety.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2014, 12:27:24 PM »

Love to hear Coma again- I was lucky enough to hear it live at the legendary 91' Greensboro show- still gives me goosebumps when I remember hearing them play that! ok

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »

Not to that extend but there has been a variety in the years 2006 to now.
There were jazz jams then gone.There were different guitar duet solos,song intros and then dropped.
For the Illusions tour there was a bowl of 25+ songs to choose from.You could say that for Chinese Dem. as well but the leftovers are just now considered to be played and (hopefully) get out.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2014, 12:39:41 PM »

If the first 4 songs are NOT : Chinese, Jungle, Easy, Brownstone...it will be news.

Yes, there is a chance they might come out next week and have a whole new set up.  But, let's be honest, there is likely a better chance any one of us could write down a setlist right now and nail 90% of it, in order.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2014, 05:18:19 PM »

If the first 4 songs are NOT : Chinese, Jungle, Easy, Brownstone...it will be news.

Yes, there is a chance they might come out next week and have a whole new set up.  But, let's be honest, there is likely a better chance any one of us could write down a setlist right now and nail 90% of it, in order.
Guns n roses have never played a show in a a year with the number 4. Combine that with the strength of this lineup, and I think we'll be very happy with all the action this year.
MrGnarly
Opening Act

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2014, 06:37:37 PM »

If I was GNR, which I'm not, I'm just some loser, I'd think about doing mainstream shows and then find a way to do a fan-oriented show where I only did new material, I'd maybe find a way to search for mobiles and maybe make it 500-tops limited event with tix only available on forums and social media, and I'd use it to do these songs, and then I'd release one - only one - as a video single, shot on that night and professionally edited.

I'm listening to "No Love Remains" on YT and thinking this, and whatever GNR do I support them in all former and future projects - it's music that makes my world a better place! peace

banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2014, 08:14:00 PM »

you know what i think would be cool? if they started with night train and let a fan yell out "FROM HOLYWOOD GUNS N FUCKING ROSES" or somthing along yhose lines

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2014, 08:14:21 PM »

HOLLYWOOD lol

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2014, 09:02:16 PM »

you know what i think would be cool? if they started with night train and let a fan yell out "FROM HOLYWOOD GUNS N FUCKING ROSES" or somthing along yhose lines

Hahaha.

I miss that guy.  Great voice for that sort of thing.  He was our Michael Buffer.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: