Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:31:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses at 2014 Rock On The Range (May 16th)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses at 2014 Rock On The Range (May 16th)  (Read 37461 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: January 16, 2014, 08:04:23 AM »

From GN'R's Facebook:

Also here: http://www.rockontherange.com/2014lineup.html

Weekend passes including Field GA, Stadium GA, hotel and VIP packages and a stadium 4-pack go on sale Friday, January 24 at 10:00 AM (ET). Additional details about the variety of ticketing, hotel and camping packages can be found at RockOnTheRange.com.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:44:54 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 08:09:45 AM »

That looks interesting.

They have a range in Ohio?  Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 08:18:24 AM »

Nice, Gnr and Avenged together?  I might make my first ohio trip for that.  This is really cool.  The rest of the line up is complete shit though, but I would make the trip just for those 2 bands.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 08:21:45 AM by Bodhi » Logged
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 08:33:53 AM »

Would be nice to know which night before tickets go on sale. I think I'll make the drive out for it but really don't need to see the supporting acts.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 09:06:34 AM »

American dates!!!! this is awesome hopefully a summer of GNR! ok

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 09:15:58 AM »

Would be nice to know which night before tickets go on sale.

16th

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 09:29:57 AM »

looking 4ward 2 this, what could axl possibly wear/look next? Grin bring it on bish \m/ gnr4life love

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 10:44:29 AM »

A few of those bands might be familiar to some from past GN'R shows....

Weekend passes including Field GA, Stadium GA, hotel and VIP packages and a stadium 4-pack go on sale Friday, January 24 at 10:00 AM (ET). Additional details about the variety of ticketing, hotel and camping packages can be found at RockOnTheRange.com.

/jarmo

westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 10:47:41 AM »

Didn't Suicidal Tendensies warm up in Oslo 93?

BTW. Can recommend Kvelertak to those of you are going (fun fact: the bass player joined a norwegian "supergroup" who did a cover of Its So Easy a few years back, to celebrate Axl's 50th birthday) :-)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:51:23 AM by westcoast_junkie » Logged

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 11:30:40 AM »

I am going to this show.  I am coming from Boston, MA.  Any suggestions on hotels?  Should I do the ticket/hotel package?  I have never been to that part of the country so it should be interesting.  Anyone that wants to meet up let me know.  I had a blast at the NYC shows in 2006 with you fuckers!!!!

Ritz Reeves III
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 02:10:51 PM »

And Kvelertak means "stranglehold" BTW.
Jayster
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 09:16:52 PM »

I may have to go to this gig! also...hopefully Alter Bridge and Guns dont play the same day, i imagine it would be a tad bit awkward backstage  hihi
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 11:56:39 PM »

^I don't think that Myles is guilty by association.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 04:08:14 PM »

I've gone to this festival the last three years and it's an amazing festival.  That being said I think it's a mistake for Guns to headline.  The people who go here don't cater to bands like Guns.  Bands like Korn, Avenged, Five Finger Death Punch, Stone Sour, Lamb of God and Rob Zombie tear it up there.  70 thousand strong get into bands like that.. where when bands like Soundgarden and the Smashing Pumpkins played more people seemed to leave than stay.  The festival defiantly has a younger crowd that prefers more modern bands, and usually the heavier bands seem to do better.   

I do think there will be a lot of interest in Guns and a lot of people will check them out, but I think a lot of people will lose interest and walk out too.  Hopefully Guns isn't playing Sunday because a lot of people usually skip the Sunday headliners to travel home (people come from all over to see this festival... hell it's an 8 hour drive for me to go!).

That all being said I can't fucking wait to go this year now.  Rock on the Range is one of my favorite weekends of the year and something I look forward to going to all year and the fact that I'll be able to see Guns for the third time there is amazing to me.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Eclipsed107
VIP

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 04:17:24 PM »

Sorry for double posting but just some RotR tips;

For anyone looking to go defiantly get field admission.. stadium admission is about half the price (99 for seats 170 for field) but it's not worth saving the few bucks.  You can sit in the stands or go on the field with the field admission and the most important part is the two side stages are on opposite sides of the stadium so if you want to get to one side stage from the other it's so much easier and faster to cut across the field than it is to walk around the stadium.  If you stay in the area on the commute to the stadium avoid the highways, they get clogged up and it takes forever to get to the stadium.  The first year I went we stayed maybe 10 minutes away from the stadium and it took over an hour to get there on the highway.  Take the back roads, they are never clogged up and it's always a breeze to get into the stadium. 

You can buy single day tickets later on in the year but you can only get seats for single day.  If you are only going for Guns it might be worth it though because you can grab seats early on in the day and then just stay there the whole day and get a close view.  For me field is the way to go though.  I've seen some great bands like Soundgarden, Incubus and A Perfect Circle and was able to get maybe 20-30 feet away from the stage each time. 

If anyone has any questions about the fest feel free to ask.  I encourage anyone in the area to take a trip down if they can!

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 09:40:07 PM »

So in the past they have not sold individual day tickets for field admission?  Hmm... that may change things.  Also, no tent camping anywhere?  Nothing better than camping near a festival.

Mike
Eclipsed107
VIP

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 11:12:29 PM »

Nope, single day tickets are sold for the bleachers only.  They won't go on sale until after the field tickets are sold out.  There are camping grounds but as far as I know you can only get on the grounds if you buy a ticket package with the camping grounds included.  I could be wrong about that, we always stay at a hotel, so don't take my word for that.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 07:32:31 AM »

Pre-Sale Starts Tuesday, January 21st at 10am EST
LIKE the ROTR facebook page or Sign Up for the ROTR mailing list for pre-sale password

Edit: If you don't wanna like the page, the password is posted on their FB timeline. Just click the link and you'll see it.  Wink

/jarmo

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 01:04:56 PM »

Rock on the Range 2014:

Guns N' Roses, Avenged Sevenfold, Kid Rock Headlining

In its eighth year, Columbus, Ohio's Rock on the Range festival has expanded to a full three-day lineup, with Guns N' Roses, Avenged Sevenfold and Kid Rock serving as the 2014 headliners. The full lineup for the hard rock fest, taking place from May 16-18 at Columbus Crew Stadium, was announced on Thursday (Jan. 16).

After last year's festival expanded from a two-day festival to a two-and-a-half day guitar showcase, Rock on the Range will feature acts like Five Finger Death Punch, Staind, Mastodon and the Pretty Reckless over a full three-day span. The ROTR Comedy Tent is also returning, with Jim Breuer and Jim Florentine among the performers.

Avenged Sevenfold: The Billboard Cover Story

"We are so honored to be headlining Rock on the Range," says Avenged Sevenfold leader M. Shadows in a statement. "We take pride in our show and always try to outdo ourselves from the time before.  Rock on the Range will be the perfect place to celebrate with our fans from all over the world and put on the killer show that they have come to expect from us.  We are pulling out all the stops."

Tickets for Rock on the Range go on sale on Friday, Jan. 24 at 10:00 am ET. Last year's ROTR headliners included Korn, Smashing Pumpkins and Soundgarden.

Here is the full 2014 Rock on the Range lineup:

Guns N' Roses
Avenged Sevenfold
Kid Rock
Five Finger Death Punch
Slayer
Staind
Motorhead
Seether
Chevelle
Alter Bridge
Mastodon
Black Label Society
Killswitch Engage
Bring Me The Horizon
Theory of a Deadman
Down
Black Stone Cherry
Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience
Pop Evil
Of Mice & Men
Adelitas Way
Trivium
Gojira
Suicidal Tendencies
The Pretty Reckless
We Came as Romans
Fuel
Redlight King
Miss May I
Reignwolf
Thousand Foot Krutch
Texas Hippie Coalition
Rev Theory
Skindred
Kyng
Fozzy
Heaven's Basement
Butcher Babies
Nothing More
Exodus
King 810
Devour the Day
We As Human
We Are Harlot
Kvelertak
Jim Breuer Band
One OK Rock
Twelve Foot Ninja
WERM
Monster Truck
Wilson
Crobot
Truckfighters

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5876509/rock-on-the-range-2014-guns-n-roses-avenged-sevenfold-kid-rock-headlining

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 12:21:41 PM »

I got my tickets.  I am trying to figure out where to book my hotel.  Any suggestions?

Ritz Reeves III
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: