Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 08:01:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy: "We want to make a new album, it's a good time"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy: "We want to make a new album, it's a good time"  (Read 40470 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2014, 03:15:19 PM »

Pretty sure he didn't mean a live album.   hihi

But if Universal is putting out the DVD/Blu-ray, maybe that could mean things between band and label are better?

/jarmo

Was thinking the same thing.  Hopefully, the label is acutely aware of what a great opportunity all the activity that is going on this spring will afford GNR and do their part to keep the momentum going. 

There's still a lot of time left in 2014, and a lot of finished music that could use their support.

There is. 

And few bang on about a new album more than I, I have to be fair here.  They are going to spend a lot of time this year on the road.  If they didn't want to finish up on the road and get right in the studio to rush something out for Christmas, I can't kill them for it.

Now, can they come off the road, take some time to de-compress and then get to work?  And maybe have this thing ready by next spring?  Yes, that, they can do.  And thinking they can do that is not at all unreasonable.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2014, 03:18:32 PM »

Hey ... if they get me the DVD and I can catch one show at some point (hopefully Bethlehem) with a new song maybe... i cant complain bout nuthin else for 2014...

an album.... seems unrealistic... but you never know

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2014, 03:19:57 PM »

Yeah, agreed.

There does reach a point where you sound greedy.  Everything I hear in the works for this year sounds great.  You can't just ignore all that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2014, 11:00:43 PM »

Why is it bad to want an album of new material?  It's been almost 6yrs.  I still love the band and am excited about all the stuff coming up, but I want new music to listen to.  That's ok. 
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2014, 03:22:23 AM »

Who said it was bad to want an album of new material? Don't think I've seen anyone say that ever.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2014, 09:25:30 AM »

Why is it bad to want an album of new material?  It's been almost 6yrs.  I still love the band and am excited about all the stuff coming up, but I want new music to listen to.  That's ok. 

Well, I obviously agree.

But a consistent talking point is that if you want a new album...and then get word they they are playing some shows on the far side of the world...you are "never happy" if that doesn't knock your socks off.

The fact the two things have nothing to do with each other?  No matter.  Its just more "complaints, complaints, complaints" from your kind.  Some "fan" you are, mister.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2014, 09:31:52 AM »

You must learn the secret of life that Jarmos has taught all of us... talking about wanting a new album gets you nowhere   Grin

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2014, 10:58:27 AM »

You must learn the secret of life that Jarmos has taught all of us... talking about wanting a new album gets you nowhere   Grin

No, the secret of life is to not login onto a fan site every day complaining that you don't have a new album today either.  Tongue
Maybe you'll be a happier fan if you can just go with the flow and not let that one thing ruin your daily existence as a GN'R fan. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2014, 11:03:31 AM »

No, the secret of life is to not login onto a fan site every day complaining that you don't have a new album today either.  Tongue
Maybe you'll be a happier fan if you can just go with the flow and not let that one thing ruin your daily existence as a GN'R fan. Wink

/jarmo

I wasn't complaining...

making a joke about JDA's post... chill out man

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2014, 11:10:33 AM »

Me too. Hence the smilies.  hihi

I'm not seriously trying to help people with their mental states. Not qualified for that.  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2014, 11:15:58 AM »

How about no "New Albulm" and just finish and release a couple songs via itunes (or whatever).  I think the "Album" is too big of a concept....and apparently they don't make as much $$$$ as they did in the past anyway.  Just finish two songs, get them out, play them, tour and make $$$$.  People would go crazy for Atlas and Silkworms finished and released or somthing like that.

Just keep the Machine rolling !!

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2014, 01:09:16 PM »

Yeah, we can come up with release ideas all day long. It can be interesting to brainstorm, shoot ideas back and forth and so on.

But the reality still remains, Guns N' Roses are signed to a record company. They are not always interested in what's best for the artists and/or their fans... Unfortunately.
So if they don't see the point in releasing singles instead of albums, they won't.

Nobody here would say no to something like a new song every month of the year. But I bet the record company would rather put all those songs onto an album and sell it instead...

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2014, 01:16:33 PM »

Yeah, we can come up with release ideas all day long. It can be interesting to brainstorm, shoot ideas back and forth and so on.

But the reality still remains, Guns N' Roses are signed to a record company. They are not always interested in what's best for the artists and/or their fans... Unfortunately.
So if they don't see the point in releasing singles instead of albums, they won't.

Nobody here would say no to something like a new song every month of the year. But I bet the record company would rather put all those songs onto an album and sell it instead...

But does Axl?

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2014, 01:24:04 PM »

But does Axl?

::crickets::
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2014, 01:30:31 PM »

Yeah, I don't really expect a serious answer.

We all know the answer, but few seem willing to say it out loud.  The best you get is a "we don't know that" or something similar.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2014, 02:22:03 PM »

Umm. The fact is that we don't know. You can belittle it as much as you want. It's a fact!
But it's not a popular answer for some of you. What's wrong with facts?

You're assuming things, yet your assumptions are as good as the next person's. Your assumptions are based on history, so because they didn't do something, it must mean Axl doesn't want to. Correct?

If that's the case, you're confusing not wanting to do something with not having the opportunity to do something. Not always the same thing...  For example, it's difficult for most people to ski in July (northern part of the world). Does that mean they don't want to once the first snow arrives?  Tongue

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2014, 02:31:56 PM »

Umm. The fact is that we don't know. You can belittle it as much as you want. It's a fact!
But it's not a popular answer for some of you. What's wrong with facts?

It has nothing to do with "facts".  As usual, its your selective take on the merits of speculation.

Speculation that Axl is not interested in doing anything new, backed up by years of inactivity : dangerous and irresponsible

Speculation he's working like mad to get something new out to us, not backed up by anything : A-OK

Come on, guy.  You are taking people to task for a practice you don't like, then using that same practice to tell them they are wrong.  Its crazy time.

If there is a silver lining here, you could point to the DVD that he at least tried to get in our hands.  That alone would lend credence to the idea he hasn't totally given up.  It doesn't put us any closer to the next album (if there even is one) but does refute, at least somewhat, he will never release anything again.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:36:09 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2014, 03:16:22 PM »

That's funny.

Your example is extreme.

I said, just because you didn't do something, doesn't mean you don't want to. How do you prove that to be wrong? You can't.
You can only repeat: But he didn't....

And yes, you're right about the movie. They want to get it out. But they couldn't premiere it next month.

/jarmo

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2014, 03:24:08 PM »

But does Axl?

He hasn't said anything on the subject of singles vs. albums.

I think it's moot point what his opinion is.  Even if he wanted to just put out singles or EPs periodically, instead of full length LPs, he doesn't have the freedom to do so being contracted to UMG.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2014, 03:50:25 PM »

He hasn't said anything on the subject of singles vs. albums.

I think it's moot point what his opinion is.  Even if he wanted to just put out singles or EPs periodically, instead of full length LPs, he doesn't have the freedom to do so being contracted to UMG.

Yes, but the overall point was that he does not seem terribly interested in either.

So before we go too far down the rabbit hole of what form the label would like to release new products in, I think first we need to figure out if Axl is even interested in doing it at all.

Last we heard on the matter was his chat 5 years ago where he said "don't know, don't care" when asked about future releases.  That, combined with no news of anyone doing anything towards a new album...well, that doesn't fill one with great optimism he's super pumped to get something out there.

If we can agree we are specuating either way (which I would say is accurate) the reality is that there is more in the "con" column than the "pro" column.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: