Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:54:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227813 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The "1996 GN'R album"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "1996 GN'R album"  (Read 30931 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« on: February 11, 2014, 07:47:30 AM »

Triple post, im sorry.

but as a offtopic sidenote i think not enough fans know that gnr (with axl,slash,dizzy,duff,matt,paul,izzy) had writen a record in 96 and had started to record the album that was planned to be released in 97. that went down when slash quit which led guns to start from zero which became chinese democracy.

so thats one of the reasons why i find axl in a rollercoaster picture awesome.

i should shut up now.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 03:27:02 PM by jarmo » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 03:13:26 PM »

but as a offtopic sidenote i think not enough fans know that gnr (with axl,slash,dizzy,duff,matt,paul,izzy) had writen a record in 96 and had started to record the album that was planned to be released in 97. that went down when slash quit which led guns to start from zero which became chinese democracy.

I think "written a record" is a HUGE leap, no?

Were their vocals?  Were there any arrangements to speak of?  Or was it riffs and jamming?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 03:22:58 PM »

Were their vocals?  Were there any arrangements to speak of?  Or was it riffs and jamming?

This.  Both Axl & Slash have confirmed as much.  I'm sure there were some cool riffs that would have morphed into full blown songs, given the chance, but that's it.  Axl said it was during those sessions that Slash brought in the "Fall to Pieces" riff, but once Axl wanted to work on it, Slash lost interest.

What throws me off is in the Slash interview where he states that they were currently working on mostly Axl's stuff.   What songs were those??
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 03:53:37 PM »

Wow.  This is my second banishment, just today.

Anyone have any threads they want moved?  Just PM me and ask me to chime in.  That should do it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 04:09:04 PM »

Poor you!
In a topic about pictures, you go and find the one post that's not about pictures, that was posted weeks ago, and reply.

So go ahead, discuss the topic at hand.
You're welcome. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 04:16:53 PM »

Poor you!
In a topic about pictures, you go and find the one post that's not about pictures, that was posted weeks ago, and reply.

So go ahead, discuss the topic at hand.
You're welcome. Smiley

/jarmo

Why I'm even bothering to respond to this, I don't even know, but I responded to the last post in the thread, Colombo.  Yes, there had not been a new post in the thread in over 2 weeks.

But hey, last thing you want is traffic, right?  Best to quash these pesky conversations people keep trying to have.  A message board is no place for such things, I say.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 04:34:13 PM »

Why I'm even bothering to respond to this, I don't even know, but I responded to the last post in the thread, Colombo.  Yes, there had not been a new post in the thread in over 2 weeks.

Once again, to point out how wrong you are sometimes. Not that you'd admit to being wrong Mr "I'll be the first to admit I was wrong"....

Your reply:

The post above your reply (ON TOPIC):

Now, check the times and tell me AGAIN that no new posts were made in the last two weeks.
You're welcome.

What's that? You were wrong? Noooo..... Impossible. That never happens because you'd be the first to admit you were wrong.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 04:38:28 PM »

Jarmo, let me break it down for you.

You have 26 threads on your first page.  A mere 5 of them have posts from today.  5.  And the ones that don't have a post from today, haven't one in several days.  And it gets worse as you go down the page.

Down the page, is where I found this one about the pics.  And I was only searching down the page because there is no traffic here.  Yes, a thread on your first page had not seen action in 2 weeks.  Awesome, right?

So I responded to the last post made, WHICH WAS TWO WEEKS AGO.  I didn't go digging anything up.  Its just that this is such a ghost town, no one had been here to post anything.

I hardly posted some out of line thing either.  In fact, having just checked it out, the last few posts before mine that just HAD to be moved don't have pics either.  The horror!!

Let's say what it is.  Its selective enforcement by you because I give you a hard time sometimes.  Its cool, its your board, not mine.  But cut the shit, hmmm?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 04:42:53 PM »

Haha.
You amuse me.
Please check the times again and explain to me how the times point to the fact that the last on topic post was made roughly 1:20 before your off topic reply...

If anybody needs to cut something it's you.
Poor you, aren't you getting enough attention here?  Undecided

And also, what about that album? Don't care to discuss it anymore?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 04:46:47 PM »

Haha.
You amuse me.
Please check the times again and explain to me how the times point to the fact that the last on topic post was made roughly 1:20 before your off topic reply...

If anybody needs to cut something it's you.
Poor you, aren't you getting enough attention here?  Undecided

And also, what about that album? Don't care to discuss it anymore?

At the time I posted it I thought it was the last post there. 

If your big "gotcha" is that it was the second to last post there and not the last one, so haha, well...good on you.  That sure changes everything I typed in my last post about the lack of any conversation around here. 

GAME : CHANGED

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 04:52:18 PM »

Somebody was wrong, but somebody has a problem admitting it and tries to make jokes about it instead.

Business as usual.  hihi

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 04:55:57 PM »

Somebody was wrong, but somebody has a problem admitting it and tries to make jokes about it instead.

Business as usual.  hihi

So I'm right?

Your big "gotcha" is that I claimed I was responding to the last post, when I was actually responding to the second to last post.  Well, I guess I've been had.

And everything else I said, no comment?  I mean you are here all puffing out your chest, it seems.  Seems you want to chat, so let's chat.  No comment that you can empty a fucking gun at this place in the middle of any given day and not hit anybody?  You can't go 5 threads without coming upon a thread that doesn't have a response since last Friday?

Nothing on that?  Was I also "wrong" about that?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 05:21:55 PM »

It's difficult to explain common sense to someone who's not familiar with the concept.

I'm not interested in the same discussions in every topic, no matter how popular they seem to you.
If a topic is about PICTURES, you should stick to that.

I'm sorry for offending you by taking out the posts about the "lost album". I find that that discussion has no place among pictures, for those who are into looking at, pictures, in a topic about, pictures!
Does not make sense? Ok.

Also, if a topic is about something else and you want to discuss what year you prefer to another year, chances are that will get taken out. Simple.

Maybe the issue is the fact that you haven't been around a lot, so you come in and think you can do as you wish when in reality we operate in certain ways and we have done so for quite some time.

In short, stay on topic.  ok

Maybe you love to discuss the topics that have been around since the dawn of the GN'R online message boards, but respect the fact that not everybody shares your enthusiasm for them.  peace

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 05:23:40 PM »

No comment that you can empty a fucking gun at this place in the middle of any given day and not hit anybody?  You can't go 5 threads without coming upon a thread that doesn't have a response since last Friday?

Nothing on that?  Was I also "wrong" about that?

Anything?

We've already moved away from the obvious mass of people in the big room.  Its just you and I talking now.

No comment?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 05:52:02 PM »

Jeez you must be bored.

I've explained myself, I'm not gonna change the policy to bend over for people who want to discuss the same things over and over all in the name of hits.
Simple.

Some like it, some don't.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 05:55:18 PM »

Well, that's three cracks you've had to answer the same question.  You clearly don't want to, for obvious reasons.  And that's OK.

I know your rules and do try and follow them.  I will continue to do so.

Just as I will continue to expect you to fuck with my shit because I get on your nerves.  As I said, its your board. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 06:06:31 PM »

If you could ask a simple question without smart ass remarks, maybe you'd get an answer sooner.

It's about R-E-S-P-E-C-T....

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 06:25:00 PM »

Hey...give a little get a little, brother.

Anyway, this conversation has just about run its course, I think.  Don't worry, there will be other fights.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 09:57:40 PM »

By all accounts, recording the song "Sympathy for the Devil" in late 1993 was a nightmare for all concerned, and it wasn't even written by GNR, so I can't even imagine what would've or could've gone on if they were trying to write and record at that time.

Do you think it was recorded in late 1993? It was released in December 1994.

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 07:43:09 AM »

December 1994: Symptahy For The Devil
February 1995: Snakepit, which included songs that were Slash's idea of the next GN'R record.

/jarmo

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: