Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:22:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The "1996 GN'R album"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "1996 GN'R album"  (Read 30919 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2014, 09:48:47 AM »

Plus, we have to keep "The General" in Guns, and I would love a new Loaded album...A half-ass reunion would maybe destroy the legacy of Guns n' Roses. Just think about how much the current line-up have prooved. No, whatever happened there i the mid-nineties, turned out good...

im not sure why we are talking about a reunion... I'm just curious about the dynamic of the relationship between Axl and Duff in 2014, because Duff has corroborated some of the stories that angers Axl... I'm not hoping for a full reunion because they are buddies again

but a half ass'ed reunion would destroy the legacy of Guns N Roses?

you lost me there...

the 13 songs we've gotten over 20 plus years did what for the legacy?

I wish people would just take the current form of GNR for what it is... a talented group of guys who play GNR songs... they dont write, record or do anything relevant , in comparison to GNR pre 1993... there is no comparison... that band made music ... this one...very rarely does

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2014, 10:28:08 AM »

This is going to sound a little goofy to some.

But I've never really been able to reconcile how Axl can be SO pissed at Slash, but never go into specifics.  And, to be honest, I wonder if he actually laid it all out, word for word, that he fears people would say "wow...seriously?  that's your big beef, for 20 fucking years?"

You don't get more over the top than saying one of you will be dead in a box before you speak again.  So the natural reaction is to assume it must just be a terribly unsalvageable situation.  But if you really pressed him on it, I wonder what you'd get out of him?

The crux of the issue between Axl and Slash has always been a mystery to civilians, including even diehard Guns fans. Duswalt tells ABC News Radio, It was a thing that happened at the end of [Use Your Illusion], meaning there was a specific incident that precipitated the split.

There were also the differences in music, Duswalt adds, like Slash wanted to do more hard-rock stuff and Axl wanted to do more ballads, rock ballads. There was that difference, but there was a specific thing that happened that both of them are at odds over.

Well, it doesn't really tell us much, but its a start to try and understand it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2014, 11:39:41 AM »

But I've never really been able to reconcile how Axl can be SO pissed at Slash, but never go into specifics.  And, to be honest, I wonder if he actually laid it all out, word for word, that he fears people would say "wow...seriously?  that's your big beef, for 20 fucking years?"

You don't get more over the top than saying one of you will be dead in a box before you speak again.  So the natural reaction is to assume it must just be a terribly unsalvageable situation.  But if you really pressed him on it, I wonder what you'd get out of him?

The crux of the issue between Axl and Slash has always been a mystery to civilians, including even diehard Guns fans. Duswalt tells ABC News Radio, It was a thing that happened at the end of [Use Your Illusion], meaning there was a specific incident that precipitated the split.

There were also the differences in music, Duswalt adds, like Slash wanted to do more hard-rock stuff and Axl wanted to do more ballads, rock ballads. There was that difference, but there was a specific thing that happened that both of them are at odds over.

Well, it doesn't really tell us much, but its a start to try and understand it.

I always thought that Slash fucked Axl's girlfriend or something...it would make more sense ha

I don't think Duff would ever attempt to evenpush the two of them in to talking again.... but like i said, just curious as to what they talk about...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2014, 09:01:34 PM »

But if you really pressed him on it, I wonder what you'd get out of him?

You guys have missed an awful lot.  Axl has actually been very specific about his grievances with Slash.  He has lashed out multiple times in different words about Slash allegedly "lying" about Axl finagling the GNR name away from the other original members.  Check the "Axl answers our questions -- in one thread" section on this very website and you'll find a lot of Axl's comments.  Given the number of comments Axl has made about that issue, it's obvious that is what eats him up the most about Slash.

Marc Canter -- best friend of both Axl and Slash, and author of that authentic GNR book Reckless Road -- went on record backing up this claim.  He stated that Axl would've asked Slash to play on a few Chinese Democracy songs if Slash had been willing to apologize for "lying" about Axl forcing them to sign over the name.

Of course, Slash won't apologize, because in Slash's mind, he doesn't believe he lied.  He believes (and I understand this) that it doesn't matter if Axl's people were the ones who implied Axl wouldn't go on tour/stage/whatever.  Slash doesn't separate Axl's people from Axl himself.  In Slash's mind, Doug Goldstein's words were Axl's words.

Either way, Axl has outlined that as the major reason Slash and he won't reconcile.  As Axl recently said:

"Unless certain people start telling the truth, there can't even be a conversation, let alone a reunion."

Yeah, I'm sure there are other reasons too, but there you go with what is obviously the primary reason.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2014, 02:27:22 PM »

But if you really pressed him on it, I wonder what you'd get out of him?

You guys have missed an awful lot.  Axl has actually been very specific about his grievances with Slash.  He has lashed out multiple times in different words about Slash allegedly "lying" about Axl finagling the GNR name away from the other original members.  Check the "Axl answers our questions -- in one thread" section on this very website and you'll find a lot of Axl's comments.  Given the number of comments Axl has made about that issue, it's obvious that is what eats him up the most about Slash.

Marc Canter -- best friend of both Axl and Slash, and author of that authentic GNR book Reckless Road -- went on record backing up this claim.  He stated that Axl would've asked Slash to play on a few Chinese Democracy songs if Slash had been willing to apologize for "lying" about Axl forcing them to sign over the name.

Of course, Slash won't apologize, because in Slash's mind, he doesn't believe he lied.  He believes (and I understand this) that it doesn't matter if Axl's people were the ones who implied Axl wouldn't go on tour/stage/whatever.  Slash doesn't separate Axl's people from Axl himself.  In Slash's mind, Doug Goldstein's words were Axl's words.

Either way, Axl has outlined that as the major reason Slash and he won't reconcile.  As Axl recently said:

"Unless certain people start telling the truth, there can't even be a conversation, let alone a reunion."

Yeah, I'm sure there are other reasons too, but there you go with what is obviously the primary reason.

Im pretty sure we know all this stuff.......ha

Any questions we might have is why he has forgiven Duff and Izzy for having said some of those same things...

It could very well just be he thinks Slash is scum of the earth, and maybe he is, who knows

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2014, 11:18:34 PM »

Then why are people on this thread expressing such cluelessness on why Axl despises Slash?

Any questions we might have is why he has forgiven Duff and Izzy for having said some of those same things...

Yeah, Izzy once called Axl a "fucking redneck hayseed trailer trash son of a bitch", and also once compared Axl to Hitler.  Duff also claimed Axl forced the GNR name issue, but went into details, stating that it was management who implied Axl wouldn't go onstage, rather than Slash saying it was Axl himself.

Perhaps Axl can forgive Izzy because he is his "bro" from Indiana and they BOTH have said nasty things about each other in the way of plain insults (rather than accusations).  Perhaps Axl can forgive Duff because Duff hasn't mentioned the "GNR name enforcement" as many times as Slash has.  Duff generally avoids those issues.  Axl stated before something like "saying I forced the name issue worked out pretty well for Slash".  He obviously blames Slash much more for the issue, believing Slash has perhaps harmed his public image in severity over the years by repeating that story.

Personally, I don't think it has hurt Axl any more than his own behavior (no-shows, riots, late starts, etc) but that's obviously how Axl feels.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2014, 08:04:49 PM »

Then why are people on this thread expressing such cluelessness on why Axl despises Slash?

Spite.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2014, 04:38:26 AM »

[...]  Axl stated before something like "saying I forced the name issue worked out pretty well for Slash".  He obviously blames Slash much more for the issue, believing Slash has perhaps harmed his public image in severity over the years by repeating that story.

Personally, I don't think it has hurt Axl any more than his own behavior (no-shows, riots, late starts, etc) but that's obviously how Axl feels.

But, Bridge, it simply WAS Axl's intention to secure the name to him alone. it was HIS 1st move to trick out the name.
regardless the exact circumstances that is what has some evilness in it and what pissed others off.

Re-Union time, baby!!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2014, 02:05:19 PM »

Axl absolutely knew what he was doing. 

But Slash and Duff were fucking morons to even entertain it.  I really can't pity them, despite liking both guys very much.  Just so dumb.

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2014, 07:22:51 PM »

But, Bridge, it simply WAS Axl's intention to secure the name to him alone. it was HIS 1st move to trick out the name.
regardless the exact circumstances that is what has some evilness in it and what pissed others off.

You shouldn't be saying "But, Bridge...".  You should be saying "But, Axl..." because the circumstances I described exist in Axl's brain, not in mine.  Your comments are largely irrelevant to the subject I was addressing.   The subject at hand was why Axl was so pissed off at Slash to the point of never forgiving him, since others around here were claiming that Axl has never once given any reason.

As I pointed out, that wasn't true, and the answer (derived from Axl's own repeated comments, not from my opinions) is that Axl is upset because he feels there IS a difference between the name being signed over and Slash's story of the name being blackmailed over, and Axl feels Slash has played that against him in ways that were pernicious to him.

Whether I agree with Axl, or whether Axl is justified in feeling that way (which are the side subjects that YOU broached) are completely different matters.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 07:44:46 PM by Bridge » Logged
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2014, 07:09:24 AM »

you described the circumstances YOU think exist in Axl's brain, thats why i've mentioned YOUR nickname.
"largely irrelevant" and "completely different matters" aint working here well, its the same basic subject still, the GN'R brand name which was Axl's intention to secure for himself in the 1st place. all the rest is a follow up.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: